PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

GreyEventer
13th October 2009, 07:13 PM
What would you do in this situation:
We have loaned a horse from my aunt..he is now retired as he got a bit mad out hunting and we couldn't control him and my dad said he was too dangerous for my brother. hes 20 yo so not as if hes young or able to be re-trained. My aunt lives on a 500 acre farm and wont have him back. Hes now lame, but was fine up until yesterday. She wants him put down (she doesnt know hes lame yet) but there is no real reason for this as his lameness is fine and hes happy so no need to put him down tbh.
Were now thinking its time for him to go as hes lame and its coming winter and he has been lame before but last time he had a poisoned foot, this time we don't know, the farriers had a look and not poisoned foot, so were not sure but think its in the actual leg/shoulder...
Is it within our right to dispose of this much loved horse? my aunt has no care for him what so ever...he could go and live on her farm as he is happy at the moment, but no she wont have that:mad:
sorry, no real point to this post, just very upset that my own family could be so heartless...

Betseyboo
13th October 2009, 07:44 PM
Aw what a crap situation. If she doesn't want him back couldn't you find him a home as a companion? Keep us updated xx

GreyEventer
13th October 2009, 08:13 PM
Dad spoke to her tonight, we are putting him down...
I dont think i could hate someone so much as i do her.
RIP Buttons xxxx

chescar
13th October 2009, 08:18 PM
That's a shame. I'm so sorry, don't know what to say that will make you feel better.

Mungo Madness
13th October 2009, 08:27 PM
:( RIP Buttons :(

CityLights
13th October 2009, 08:50 PM
i would give him some time to get sound again if he only went lame very recently, if he becomes sound again then he may do someone for a nice hack around type horse or a companion, although a little large for most people