PDA

View Full Version : Is it unfair? (quite long)

LindyB
16th April 2011, 10:45 AM
When I first got my boy, the plan was to have him for a few months to bond and then find a sharer for him. Luckily I found myself in a position where I didn't need to find one, and I doubt I could've found one since he fell over pretty much everytime i rode. I put in a lot of hard work over last summer and he's sooo much better now, but still trips. Me and the o/h have just moved into our own house and things are pretty tight at the mo, with him on about getting a second job. I feel bad as I know a lot of money goes on monkey and I think maybe its time I got a sharer. This summer my aim was to get springer cantering (at the moment I can get 4 strides on the wrong leg) and to take him to dressage. I know its a bit selfish but I would really like to be the one that gets him to do these things as I'm quite proud of how much hes come on so far. is it unfair of me to ask for a sharer and tell them theyre not allowed to canter?? I know when I've loaned in the past I'v hated it when the owner has told me I'm not allowed to do stuff and I'd also be saying no constant jumping because of his spazzy leg, meaning they wont be doing that much. Also I'm hoping not to have one for a long time, just until we sort ourselves out so can you actually just end the loan because you dont need it anymore?? Again this seems harsh and unfair on the sharer, am I being too mean??:confused: Thanks guys and well done if you got to the end, easter eggs for all of you

Catg
16th April 2011, 11:27 AM
Cantering and jumping aren't everything to all people. I think if you found someone who felt this way and you explained your reasons why then it could work out just fine. The difficult thing is finding that person!

I do think it would be unfair to get a sharer for a restricted amount of time unless that's what they were looking for too, i.e. summer holidays etc.

At the end of the day every share is different based on the people and horse in question. All you can do is advertise and see what response you get; you can only try!

Would grass livery be an option for 6 months or so?

Cat x

Pie_x
18th April 2011, 10:40 AM
Could you not mention your requirements and approx time length for the loan in the advert? Then people have it in front of their eyes what is requested and if it appeals to them they phone, if not they don't!

Sorry I can't be more helpful xx

Madbee
18th April 2011, 12:23 PM
I wouldn't say it's unfair if you are clear from the beginning about the requirements - I am not sure how many people would want to take it on though.

africa
18th April 2011, 01:05 PM
As others have said it's not unfair provided they know what they'd be signing up for as they won't agree if they're not happy but you will be restricting yourself with number of people interested.

You also ought to bear in mind that someone might say they won't canter him but still do it when you're not around especially as the not cantering isn't a physical reason just because you want to teach him. A sharer may not be the best option for you.

scewae
18th April 2011, 03:55 PM
It depends, you may find a very experienced sharer who can actually help you improve Springers training.

amandaxx1
18th April 2011, 03:58 PM
Nah I dont think so...

You could just tell them your re-schooling him and would like them to stick to doing (insert what you would like them to do here), and not canter him for the time being x

LindyB
18th April 2011, 09:15 PM
Thanks guys, im trying not to have to get one if I can help it. Its not just that I want to do it all my self africa, he tends to go straight onto the forehand and if he hurt someone because he tripped id feel awful. Id never really thought of that option scewae, as hes not a very exciting ride I didnt think anyone experienced would want a look in. i do feel better about finding a sharer now if I need to, thanks everyone :)

amandaxx1
19th April 2011, 03:17 PM
Lindy did you get my pm? x

LindyB
21st April 2011, 09:26 PM
yes, but my not been on laptop and my phone is rubbish for leaving messages as it deletes whole messages when i just want to do 1 word . i'll inbox you now, sorry its late X