PDA

View Full Version : A moment where you've been ridiculously proud of your horse?

Chloe
16th April 2011, 07:33 PM
Mine was a couple of weeks ago, I was riding a horse called Benson at my riding school and we were jumping a grid. Benson's an ex racehorse and is extremely neurotic and goes hollow a lot, and we got through the whole hour with only going hollow once and I had the trust and confidence in him to go over the highest fence of the lesson (2'9, not much but big for me!). It might not seem like much but I was so so proud of him (even though he's not mine!) and was grinning from ear to ear when I got off! :o

So tell me a moment when you were proud of your horsey! :D

Sasca
16th April 2011, 07:37 PM
27th April, Hazel gave me Rowan. I have been honoured of him since...he does his mum proud every day :o

Belle
16th April 2011, 07:43 PM
Every Day when I look at her and if you saw her you'd realise how ridiculous that is !!

rowy
16th April 2011, 08:08 PM
Today when Dancer did first dressage of the year and didnt spook at the white boards and was nice and relaxed! our last dressage was awful and had dancer with her head stuck up like a llama spooking all the way round at the white boards and i felt like giving up!
Also, on Thurs when my baby boy did his first fillers and water tray and didnt spook or refuse :D

fofo
16th April 2011, 08:09 PM
When he behaved himself in his first ever showing class. Unheard of for him.

Gix
16th April 2011, 08:57 PM
I feel proud everyday with my boy, but he especially made me very proud when he walked past the dogs with no trouble last week after being attacked by the very same dogs a few weeks previously, and then behaving for his first ever bath.
I feel proud to know him.

My Crazy Clan
16th April 2011, 11:09 PM
Today, merlin went past cars, to be fair they were parked and it was quiet but last time I tried like this he flipped!

Emm
17th April 2011, 08:30 AM
31.03.2011 - my "foal" was sat on for the first time! The 6 month old unhandled foal id brought home 3 years previously was all grown up and being ridden without batting an eyelid! So so proud!

eeek
17th April 2011, 12:02 PM
Vinny at the age of 14, after 3 years of 'retirement', storming to the lead ahead of a CLASS field. The only one who managed to catch up with him was the best and toughest racehorse on our tracks. They locked horns, but she did just manage to pip him on the line. Although he came 2nd, being beaten so narrowly by a horse like that is a massive victory for little Vinny.

Hasty, not quite sure because there have been a lot of good times. The day he won two races in the space of an hour was pretty good, but then he topped it by winning quite a big race the following week.

Actually I think I was most proud of him when he made a catastrophic mistake early on in the race and lost an incredible amount of ground (at least 100yds if not double or triple that), then clawed his way back to come third. The butcher (my trotting guru) said he has never seen a horse make a recovery like that. It shows incredible guts. He really looked special that day.

K8E
17th April 2011, 05:20 PM
Copper looked after me on the road 09-04-11. He was such a good boy being only 5.

fell lover
18th April 2011, 12:27 AM
My baby Summer - travelling to France like a little pro. Really miss her :(

injioho
18th April 2011, 09:24 AM
Every day. Those who knew him before I got him will understand as they know how nervy and uneducated he was. Even the smallest things that a lot of horse owners take for granted were a big thing for him to overcome. There were several occasions in the first few months where I though we were never going to get through it so to see him now makes me so proud!
2 years on, he's such a different horse! He's so calm and relaxed and will put his all into everything I ask him to do. Just to know how much he trusts me makes me unbelievably proud of him :love:

zoeee
18th April 2011, 09:04 PM
with buttons it was when i was little and he took me round our first "proper" show jumping course and we got a clear round. nothing amazing, but to little me it meant the world! especially as he usually spent 99% of the time bucking. what a star!
with my mums horse it was when he jumped for the first time. he was a very late starter to the jumping game but absolutely loves it now.

with bailey it was last august - we attended our first show, after 6 years of hard work and confidence building since we rescued him - i NEVER thought we'd get anywhere near a show, let alone take part in one! i only went to see if he handled it ok, i didn't want to push our luck so originally only entered one class - it went so well that my mum slyly entered me in a few more - not only did we attend it and manage to get inside the rings, he behaved beautifully the whole time, and we got placed in every class we entered - i've never been placed in anything before (...usually came last after my pony disgraced us!), let alone every class!! he made me sososo proud, i cried buckets afterwards! :lol:

jojonono
27th April 2011, 09:47 PM
My old loaning pony had a fight in the field and became blind in her left eye, she still road perfectly fine but then she got an infection and had to have her right eye removed. She is now blind in both eyes but is still a fantastic ride and nothing fases her, I used to take her to the beach every weekend and we went to show jumping compertions
I was so proud of her :)

kistra
27th April 2011, 10:26 PM
my pony has been a wee star the past few weeks, not making any of her usual fuss and progressing amazing in the arena and doing everything i ask( or at least trying). So proud of her! its not much but made me so happy to see how well she is doing :)