PDA

View Full Version : Duvet rugging

Meeny Miny Mo
14th October 2009, 02:21 PM
Can anyone explain to me how to rug up using a duvet? Ive got a duvet, a fleece and some surcingle straps. Having to do a makeshift rug for one of the horses as he is getting clipped this week and his rugs arent back from cleaners

thanks in advance

XenaWarriorPrincess
14th October 2009, 03:07 PM
We just use them under the top rug, place on the horse like a normal rug and fold the two front corners diagonally back towards the wither (a bit like you would an exercise sheet!). then put top rug on, do up as usual and there is normally a bit of duvet sticking out from the front on the withers, we fold that back and it normally keeps it in place.
If youve got a surcingle you could use that aswell to make it extra secure!

Meeny Miny Mo
14th October 2009, 03:48 PM
cheers hun :) never had to rug up like this before so wasnt too sure on how to do it

XenaWarriorPrincess
14th October 2009, 04:36 PM
:D You understood my rambling then!? :lol:
I love it when the blankets and duvets come out...best thing is when you are doing waterbuckets and your hands get frozen, you can tuck them down their neck and it makes them all toasty!!

CityLights
14th October 2009, 05:23 PM
we put them on dead far forwards to they are all snuggly round thier necks and then fold them into the front of the rug or you can fold them back under their rugs and have sort of a roll neck, i hate them they drive me mad but can be cheaper than buying loads of rugs

we have a few with sucingles and stuff sitiched on and that makes it much easier