View Full Version : No interest in my horse. What should I do????
15th October 2009, 05:18 PM
A few weeks ago I asked around for opinions on what people thought my mare was worth and they replied around 2500 to 2000. I have had her on the net for over a month now and hardly had any intrest. I then put her on at £1800 and still nothing other than a few timewasters. Should I reduce her anymore???
She is a 16.1HH bay dutch warmblood mare 16yo grade C £180 BSJA winnings by Lupin AES reg. but she hasn't been ridden for a while due to no rider. She also has a scar on her hind leg from when she was a foal which is documented on her passport.
15th October 2009, 07:39 PM
no. put her up if anything. peopel who are thinking of buying her will see that shes going up in price, theyll get their bums into gear as per say. otherwise people will see her go down in price and automatically think whats wrogn with her and why are they lowering the price so much. hope this helps :)
My Crazy Clan
15th October 2009, 08:06 PM
I wouldn't drop, its almost Christmas most buy after not before.
15th October 2009, 08:54 PM
If I was in a position to buy a horse, I would be interested. My last mare was extremely well bred and was also an ex-grade c jumper. She is now 22 years old and was recently sold by her last owner for £750 (no tack etc). I think £1800 is about right for a 16yr old, so I would hang in there. It's a fair price for her. People don't like to buy at this time of year, so I would just go with the flow and see what happens.
16th October 2009, 12:08 AM
Thanks everyone for your replies I will just keep her on at the price she's at...and hang on!!!! x
16th October 2009, 08:25 AM
I had Angel up for sale, dropped her price as there was no interest, then had some interest after the price drop but it was from people looking for steady, safe 2nd ponies for children to go jump 2 foot courses on, whereas Angel is a youngster with a lot of potential who would be more suited to a competition home that wants to bring her on and ultimately jump round 1.20 courses! Even though this was stated in the advert the new price seemed to attract the wrong type of potnetial buyer. After speaking to all of them they all decided she sounded like too much for their children (which she would be) and not one came out to view her.
If you price lower, you will get people looking for a lesser horse. I would say if you think someone who has only ever jumped 2 foot courses could ride her, and she'd be happy with that job then price her lower - otherwise hold out.
If you can find a rider for her to get her back into work, if only short term, it may help to sell her at the price you want.
I've taken Angel of the market for now - plan B is to get her out competiting this winter and advertise her again in the spring with more experience under her belt at her original price or higher.
16th October 2009, 11:37 AM
what does the ad say?
16th October 2009, 12:52 PM
I totally agree with Lorraine.....
Otherwise change the advertising company - we've just advertised our 17hh ISH with Horsequest this morning - he deserves more time than my daughter can currently offer - so sad! We always use this company - they are ultra friendly - we've always sold well through them!
16th October 2009, 04:21 PM
Like others have said, it's not really the time to be selling. All horse owners have to look forward to now are dark nights and rain!! Her age would also put some off. For example, I'm looking for something like her but I wouldn't see her because of her age and the fact that she hasn't been in regular work for a while. Hope someone comes along soon. x
16th October 2009, 10:44 PM
Def agree you should try and get someone to ride her as people will be put off by the fact she's not been ridden lately. It makes people wonder why and question whether it is behavioural or an injury etc.
Could you consider loaning her? When horses get to 14ish the market seems to drop a hell of a lot
19th October 2009, 10:09 PM
I have had her advertised or horse quest and ad horse, I have had someone ring up about her tonight. Hopefully all goes well
vBulletin® v3.8.6, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.