PDA

View Full Version : Daughter's advertised her 17hh ISH this morning

Houndsfield
16th October 2009, 01:14 PM
It's such a shame - but my daughter had reluctantly advertised her 17hh ISH this morning on Horsequest.

He's an absolute angel on the ground to deal with, but he needs more work in jumping than she's got time for - she works full time and is also in her last year (the hard one!) studying for a Business Degree....... she had a sort of attack yesterday at work - was made to go the the DR's and he's signed her off work for 2 weeks due to acute stress...... it's so sad - something had to give, and she decided it had to be Lincoln..... still hopefully he'll get another good home where they can put more time in which he deserves.....http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l180/Houndsfield/IMG_0080-1.jpg

Starsky
16th October 2009, 01:23 PM
oh thats so sad. im so sorry xx

eeek
16th October 2009, 01:28 PM
Oh dear that's such a shame. He looks fantastic! Best of luck with the sale, will she be looking for another horse?

Loony
16th October 2009, 04:22 PM
Ohhhh he's gorgeous! What category on HQ is he under?

Houndsfield
16th October 2009, 04:42 PM
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l180/Houndsfield/IMG_0140_2-1.jpg

He's in the Dressage (Novice), Sport Horse, and eventing (Unaffilated, Intro/pre-novice)
He's got such scope & ability - he needs more work with SJ - he can be a bit sharp & spooky.... but it's defo improving! He's won 4 Dressage comp recently with very pleasing comments from the judges, he'll come good for sure - we just haven't the time at the moment - her degree finishes next June time - but between now and then she's really up against it! I think it was a huge decision for her to sell him (we've also got a mare and a home bred colt!)

Loony
16th October 2009, 04:48 PM
I can imagine it was heartbreaking! I'll have a nosey at his ad now :)

ETA: Looks like a very impressive ad! Hope you get some interest soon. x

silverbullet
16th October 2009, 05:51 PM
He's gorgeous. Where abouts are you, I know someone who is looking at the moment. If you could pm me the link to his ad that would be great.

:-)

Loony
16th October 2009, 06:07 PM
Hey SB just thought I'd butt in and say there's no links to ads on HorseQuest. If you go on the site, then find the Dressage category and click the Novice Dressage, you should find him pretty easily. x

flambards
16th October 2009, 06:22 PM
What a sad decision, sounds like it's probably for the best though. He's a stunning boy, best of luck to all of you.

Houndsfield
16th October 2009, 07:52 PM
Thank you - we've already had some interest......

My Crazy Clan
16th October 2009, 09:30 PM
There are so many greys LOL whats the title called?

Hes awesome by the way, I would snap him up.

CityLights
16th October 2009, 09:35 PM
thats a shame but at least he might go a home where he will have more time dedicated to him to reach the heights he should make, love the name lincoln really suits him

Evening Star
16th October 2009, 09:58 PM
thats a real shame he is absolutely gorgeous
good luck on finding him a great home

Teej
16th October 2009, 11:05 PM
He is really stunning, my kind of horse. You should have no problem selling him :)

Houndsfield
16th October 2009, 11:50 PM
He's under the title "Dressage/Event prospect"....... daughter didn't put his name on it..... too many local nosey people - just ready to comment on the price..... they forget about the bloodline and the capability! He's sooo gorgeous! If it was up to me - I'd keep him - but then I don't actually ride him and train him :-(((( - he's too good for me!

Firefly
17th October 2009, 12:54 AM
Sorry to hear about the decision but from what you have said, it's for the best.

He looks absolutely stunning! And I love the shape he makes when jumping. Stunning.

Houndsfield
18th October 2009, 09:51 PM
Got someone coming to see him at 10 a.m. tomorrow..... worked him in the school this afternoon, then pulled his mane & washed his tail...... have to say - he just looks gorgeous..... I sooooo wish my daughter would consider someone helping to school him & hack him out - instead of selling him..... so sad...

Welly
18th October 2009, 10:21 PM
Good luck with the viewing tomorrow xx

Sammy1979
19th October 2009, 11:37 AM
Hope the viewing is going well :)

Houndsfield
19th October 2009, 01:20 PM
Viewing went very well..... Lincoln did everything that was asked of him !!!!! Lots of lovely flat work. The lady that came jumped him over a cross pole, then an upright, then a huge spread.... He did it all very well, and without being spooky or sharp..... she's off to see another one - but will let us know if she's interested later on tonight..... she needs to take the video rec etc., back to her instructor to look at first!

Welly
19th October 2009, 06:55 PM
Sounds positive! Fingers crossed for you all xx

Houndsfield
20th October 2009, 02:25 PM
...... Lady phoned and stated that he was too small....... (17hh)......????? What DOES she want?! DUH.....

Susan
20th October 2009, 02:39 PM
He is an incredibly handsome horse and from your description sounds like he will make someone an absolute super star. I'm bit baffled by the 'too small'. Wouldn't it be better if people could just say that they thought he was a lovely horse but on balance not the right one for them, or simply that they have viewed another horse which they preferred for whatever reason! 'Too small' just seems ridiculous when you are talking about a 17hh ISH! Is it a Shire they are after? lol!

LadyV&Louise
20th October 2009, 07:23 PM
too small wtfis she a giant lol
hes a stunner what a timewaster, i hope you fnd someone what about putting him on loan with a possible view to buy then you daugter if she changes her mind can have him back?

Smoke on the Water
27th October 2009, 01:51 PM
That's a shame. He really is gorgous. I hope you find a lovely home for him. If I win the lottery it'd be me in the blink of an eye!

Navygirl
27th October 2009, 10:07 PM
If he had come up for sale april this year I would have had him,he'd have been perfect for me! Unfortunately though I bought my current horse, if I won the lottery / got a momumental pay rise I would buy him in a flash! Hope you find someone for him x

Houndsfield
28th October 2009, 05:51 PM
Thanks for all your kind comments - much appreciated!!!

Daughter hunted him last Saturday for the first time - didn't know how he'd behave - he was BRILLIANT..... another feather to his bow...... she's taking him to the opening meet on Saturday - and hopefully will decide to keep him lol !