PDA

View Full Version : I need a sharer

Loosey
8th June 2011, 02:18 PM
I'm still not sure how I feel about it ... I don't want to watch other people riding my ponies!

I've put the feelers out locally ... do you think what I'm after sounds possible/fair?

2 horses, both weight carriers, one fit and in work, excellent for hacking (though I don't want any novices) but has done hardly any schooling. Other in light work, would trust him with a novices life in company but can be spooky alone ... slow reactions and would never take you by suprise, he is just a bit wussy!

I'm basically asking for 20 for as many days and as uch riding as somsone wants. Ideally I'd like someone to comit to riding Bella 3 times a week and Toddy once a week if poss along with associated duties on whatever days they choose.

Do you think this sounds fair? I've never had to look for a sharer before and am dreading it ... will go into more details soon!:)

Tiaki
8th June 2011, 02:49 PM
Is that 20 per week for riding of both horses? If so I think that's very cheap :lol:

I have a sharer for my Dylan. It's a young girl I used to teach and I am friends with her mum so it works really well. She pays me 20 per week and can ride him whenever she wishes. More often than not she rides out with me and I try to give her one lesson on Dylan per week. If I am not around, then she has access to the farm and his tack to carry on without me. It works out perfectly.

Personally I don't think I could have a sharer I didn't know, so the fact I used to teach this girl and know her mum is the only reason she is allowed to share Dylan :lol:

xxx

Loz
8th June 2011, 03:10 PM
I couldn't have anyone share Roulette, I'm far too selfish!
If I really had to get a sharer though I'd much rather have someone I know riding her.

20 a week sounds really fair.

Good luck, hope you find someone really nice and lovely x

Loosey
8th June 2011, 03:56 PM
Thanks guys

Yes the 20 would be for both of them. I'm more worried about finding someone reliable and trustworthy than any more than that really. I really really don;t want to do it but don't have uch of an option right now ... I'd even consider letting someone do it for free if they had the right attitude and rode the way I'd like them to!

Loz
9th June 2011, 11:42 AM
I hope you find someone really nice that rides the way you like, good luck searching xx

Catg
9th June 2011, 02:25 PM
Sounds good to me chick. Word of mouth is what you need here then. Praps put something on facebook and get your horsey friends to keep an eye out. Or like Tiaki has done praps find someone from a riding school by putting something on their notice board. xx

daytona
9th June 2011, 03:03 PM
**** **** **** why do you live in Cornwall :rant:
:p:p:p:p

I would looooove to share Bella (and Toddy).

I think thats a good deal. When I shared Becky I was lucky to do it for free but I did other jobs like mucking out feeeding and general horse duties.
I respected what her owner asked me to do with her and we had an understanding of what I could and couldnt do.
I think its finding the right person that you can trust and will not abuse their 'privellages'
I know I was extremely lucky to have what I had but there are genuine people out there who will work by your requirements.

Good luck and I hope you find someone xxxxx

hannahdudey
9th June 2011, 05:19 PM
i no how u feel i get really jelous when people ride mine!

Loosey
9th June 2011, 05:49 PM
It's not jealousy I feel, I just worry that once they're out of sight they'll be doing things that I wouldn't like ... pulling on her mouth or cantering on hard ground etc.

She can be a bit challenging on the ground too but I have a lady coming to see them at the weekend so will elt you know how it goes!

Jane ... would you consider relocating?!!! I'd love you to share my neds!xx

zoes87
10th June 2011, 01:52 AM
if i didnt have my 2 & lived other side of the river, i'd be there like a shot - i love your 2!!!

i agree 20 sounds cheap though!!

Loosey
10th June 2011, 01:26 PM
Thanks guys, will keep you updated!x

hannahdudey
10th June 2011, 05:51 PM
good luck and keep us all posted what happens!, i get very jelous because the same sort of reasons you said pulling on mouth, throwing the saddle down on their back i am sure you will be fine though :)

Loosey
13th June 2011, 10:55 AM
Urgh ... she didn't turn up!! Is she not aware of just how amazingly beautiful this tiny shire pony is?!!

The weather was terrible here yesterday but I still didn't get a phone call or anything .... I have a feeling there will be lots more disappointments before I get somewhere!

Loz
13th June 2011, 12:00 PM
That's so bad she didn't ring or anything to let you know she wouldn't be coming! It's her loss though.

Good luck finding someone xx

Catg
13th June 2011, 02:04 PM
Ditto Loz, definitely her loss.

Such a shame people can't be more considerate, it's not difficult!

Susie
13th June 2011, 09:37 PM
I was quite lucky with my sharer as she already rode some of YOs horses at the yard. I asked if she could ride Seamus a couple of times to help me out and the rest is history LOL. She pays 100/month and half shoes. I pay for everything else, bedding and feed. She has him every afternoon and all day on a Saturday. She has got him jumping and hacking out alone, she has been very good for him. And she is now my sons's girlfriend :cheekywink:

Even though I trust and like her, I still get a pang of sadness/jealousy to think he is giving her sloppy kisses too:o

Hope you find someone soon:)

Tiaki
13th June 2011, 09:43 PM
Well if she is the sort of person to not turn up and not so much as ring, you are better off without her :) If she can't be arsed to ring or come view the horse in bad weather, is she going to be reliable with actually looking after the horse in bad weather??

xxx

Loosey
15th June 2011, 11:01 AM
I knew I'd get some crazy responses but the last one was a girl with a 4 month old baby who said she could spare 4 hours a week but couldn't contribute anything towards costs , she then went on to say that if she could bring her 3 dogs and her baby she might be able to muck out once a week ... aaarrgghh!!

daytona
21st June 2011, 06:39 PM
Oh Flamin nora hun. If only you were closer *sigh*

Loosey
22nd June 2011, 09:53 AM
Could you not consider relocating Jane? I have plenty of space for a tent!!

Catg
22nd June 2011, 09:58 AM
What a palava! Don't people recognise a good deal when it's staring them in the face? I'd bite your hand off if I was near you Loosey. Nowt as daft as folk eh..