PDA

View Full Version : End of an era for me and Zebedee

Catg
11th July 2011, 09:56 AM
Some of you may have seen this coming, I suppose all good things come to an end at some point don't they?

In a nutshell; me and OH are moving to East Yorkshire and I can't take Zebedee with me. We've not even exchanged on the house yet but things have changed at the yard. With all the worry I've had over Zeb this Spring/Summer and the lack of control to be able to do anything about it I've just not enjoyed it at all. I've hardly done anything with him. Maybe in a way it was a good thing as it has forced me to back off, in my mind it's over so there's no point in prolonging it, it just makes me feel worse.

So last night OH came to the yard with me and helped me pack up my things and bring them home, it was horrible but a bit of a relief at the same time.

I'm feeling very low this morning, could do with some cyber hugs from my EW friends :crying:

Laura T
11th July 2011, 10:09 AM
Massive hugs, I'm sorry to read this but totally understand why you have to move on:(. I had to leave Theo when I moved to Oz and I know just how hard it is.

Looking ahead (positive thinking), will you look for a loan/share/buy once you have moved?

Chin up Xx

Catg
11th July 2011, 10:13 AM
Thanks Laura. Yes I will look for another share once we've moved. It's a very horsey area so I'm hopefull I'll find a good share.

daytona
11th July 2011, 10:17 AM
Oh hun I know exactly how you feel I've tears for you my angel :( xxxxx
When you come to East Yorks you know I will only be round the corner and I'm only a call away. Its heartbreaking.
((((((((((HUGE HUGS))))))))) from me and free rein is only around the corner so I can give you a good hug then.:D
If you need anything Cat please dont hesitate to call we all need a shoulder now and then xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Catg
11th July 2011, 10:21 AM
Thanks Jane, can't wait for Free Rein, a girly holiday is just what I need :)

beks the artist
11th July 2011, 10:35 AM
I am so sorry. Must be heartbreaking for you xxxxxxx

Burnie
11th July 2011, 10:55 AM
Oh Cat I'm really sorry :( it must be so hard right now :( *Hugs* xx

amandaxx1
11th July 2011, 10:58 AM
Massive hugs for you, I cant imagine how crap you must be feeling.

If you ever want to go for a ride just shout, there's always something we can borrow xxxx

Catg
11th July 2011, 11:07 AM
Thanks guys. Amanda that would be good thank you xx

Tiaki
11th July 2011, 11:40 AM
Big hugs, really sorry to hear this :(

xxx

Madbee
11th July 2011, 01:22 PM
Ah no, Cat, so sorry :( :(

Where are you going to be in East Yorkshire? You will always be welcome to come and ride Betty!

Catg
11th July 2011, 01:33 PM
Thanks Sam. And I must apologise for not giving you the info for that rug, I'm rubbish aren't I. If you're still interested let me know x

Madbee I'm moving to Pocklington. I'm not sure how far that is from you? Maybe an hour? I'd love to meet the lovely Betty and thank you for the offer that would be great :D. Maybe once I've moved I can come meet you for a cuppa? xxx

angietoots
11th July 2011, 02:05 PM
awww, mahoosive cyber hugs x

Zeitgeist Mom
11th July 2011, 02:23 PM
Awww I'm so sorry! We're all going to miss the lovely boy. Sounds like you are being really strong about it. Big hugs, we're all here for you. xxxx

Osci
11th July 2011, 03:34 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this :( you must be feeling strange right now not being able to take him with you. Fingers crossed the move goes smoothly and you find another lovely share/loan when you get settled x

bimba
11th July 2011, 03:36 PM
Sorry to hear this Cat, can't imagine how it must feel xx

Catg
11th July 2011, 03:55 PM
Thanks for all your lovely messages girls, the sympathy has gone a long way today :) xxx

IrishGreenSheep
11th July 2011, 04:03 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that Cat, massive hugs to you xxx

lil_legs
11th July 2011, 04:46 PM
Oh Cat sorry to hear this, (((((hugs)))). I can imagine how pants you are feeling, fingers crossed a new area and lots of new opportunities!!

LindyB
11th July 2011, 06:49 PM
You fool, why didnt you text me?!? Xx

chescar
11th July 2011, 06:51 PM
Oh hun - this must be very difficult for you.
Big cyber hugs coming your way. x

Rabbit
11th July 2011, 06:52 PM
Hope you're ok.
x

chelle83
11th July 2011, 08:14 PM
Sorry to hear this, ((((big hugs)))),xxx

Catg
11th July 2011, 08:16 PM
Thank you girlies.

Lindy I thought you'd say that :lol: I'm sorry I should have told u before, it was a spur of the moment thing last night and you have enough stress without listening to me whinging! Anyhoo I think it will be a good thing. Will call u in a bit x

Catg
11th July 2011, 08:24 PM
Thank you girlies.

Lindy I thought you'd say that :lol: I'm sorry I should have told u before, it was a spur of the moment thing last night and you have enough stress without listening to me whinging! Anyhoo I think it will be a good thing. Will call u in a bit x

Anni~Bell
11th July 2011, 08:58 PM
Oh Catg I'm so sorry :(
Hopefully something will be right round the corner for you.

Horse Mad Mum
11th July 2011, 09:12 PM
oh no, sending you a big cyber hug HMM X

gem
11th July 2011, 09:32 PM
I'm so sorry Cat, I didn't realise you were moving. You've had loads of fun with Zeb so now it's time to give that much love to another pony. Although I must say...owning is where it's at :evilgrin:

easyrider
12th July 2011, 08:23 AM
i will miss Zeb as hes like mine...goodluck with the move and i am sure you will find another share

eeek
12th July 2011, 11:52 AM
What sad news. Zeb is so lovely. I know just how you feel - I had to leave my little Paws behind and it broke my heart.

You HAVE to visit me during your FR holiday!

Can I tempt you with a very sweet Standardbred mare for 300? Not mine, but going for meat if she doesn't sell within a week or two :(

fofo
12th July 2011, 01:38 PM
Aww Cat I am so sorry. I can't imagine you without your Zeb. :(

Moving can be a very cathartic process. You will have lots of new and lovely things to come and a lucky horse is waiting for you somewhere.

Catg
12th July 2011, 07:38 PM
Thank you everyone, its really helped to know that you all understand :)

Easyrider im sure seeing pictures of Thomas will put a lump in my throat but he is sooooo gorgeous i still wouldnt deny myself a peek!

Gem, unfortunately I can't afford to buy or even loan in the short term. Boo! Oh Liz she sounds a sweety, it's so sad. I hope someone nice snaps her up soon :( I'd love to visit you, I'm on a mission to meet as many EWers as possible but Daytona and Burnie are the bosses, I'm just tagging along as the new comer :o If we can't make it I'd love to come down and see you another time, I do have a secret soft spot for Hasty I must say...

Jane you have hit the nail on the head regarding the move. I'm so looking forward to my new life with OH. I will have more time and a better quality of life so who knows what the future will hold. It feels weird to be sad and excited at the same time, my head is spinning.

C xxx

easyrider
12th July 2011, 09:21 PM
we were are coming you way to sherwood pines for a trec if you ever want to come andsay hello....thats august, got derby dales next weekend

Petticoat Lil
12th July 2011, 09:28 PM
oh man, sorry to hear that, i'm sure zeb is even more sorry!

If only you were moving to Essex, i'd love to have you pamper Itsy!

Something new will crop up i'm sure, big hugs and exciting times with the move! xx

Catg
12th July 2011, 10:24 PM
we were are coming you way to sherwood pines for a trec if you ever want to come andsay hello....thats august, got derby dales next weekend

If I'm still in Notts I'll def come and say hi :) Otherwisr you'll have to set me know if you ever venture into Yorkshire :)

Catg
12th July 2011, 10:25 PM
Thanks PL xxx

stepbystep
12th July 2011, 10:41 PM
Only just seen this. I'm really sorry to hear this, can't imagine how you must be feeling must be hard for you. (((Big hugs)))
xxx

daytona
14th July 2011, 09:13 AM
I'd love to visit you, I'm on a mission to meet as many EWers as possible but Daytona and Burnie are the bosses, I'm just tagging along as the new comer :o

Hey missus that makes us sound like a right pair of hitlers :miffed: :p
I think we should be able to make a detour to see Liz. As soon as we get up in those hills we are always looking out for a galloping hasty across the tops. :D

vels mum
14th July 2011, 09:42 AM
The time has come then chick, as you say its the end of an era, you have given Zeb a fantastic life whilst you have been with him and now its time for him to enjoy lazy days in his retirement. Big huge hugs to you cant wait to see what the next chapter of your equine future holds.

Big hugs Cat xxxx

Loz
15th July 2011, 09:46 AM
I've only just seen this Cat, I'm so sorry you're having to say goodbye to Zeb. Must be really hard for you as you've been through so much together and really brought him on.
Good luck with the move and everything xxx hugs xxx

My Crazy Clan
22nd July 2011, 10:13 PM
I can't believe I missed this!

Have you asked if he can come with you?

Catg
22nd July 2011, 10:37 PM
Sorry Jane I didn't mean for it to come across like that lol

Thanks Lou and Loz xx

Rhea hun yeah I tried to buy him once but his owner couldn't part with him, I don't blame her, so when I told her I was moving we both knew I'd have to leave him behind x

Pie_x
19th August 2011, 11:22 AM
I have only just seen this too! Oh Catg i'm so sorry :( I didn't realise.

You will miss him loads but you have a new future to look forward too and shower your future horsey with love and adventures!! Hugs for you xx

Catg
19th August 2011, 12:18 PM
Thanks Pie. I love your signature. I feel the same way about Zeb x

Pie_x
19th August 2011, 08:33 PM
Thank you, yeah I believe in fate a lot :) x