PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the perfect horse

Tae
20th October 2009, 12:24 AM
I have been looking for a horse for 3 months now. I thought i was finally going to get one last saturday but the owner decided not to sell just 3 days before. I was gutted.
However i now see this in a slightly postive way. I am still very annoyed and frustrated by the owners decision but it has made me realise what type of horse i truely want. It has given me another chance to find my perfect horse, something that is slightly bigger and slightly younger, and that will do good at dressage. It has also made me more determined to get something other than just your ordinary cob.
I just hope i find something before i go crazy at looking at all the ads and also before winter comes.

Susan
20th October 2009, 12:38 AM
Oh, what a shame. You are right though. I think it must be so hard buying a horse, as you need to be buying something that will suit you where you are at right now, but also that you are not going to outgrow in capabilities a year down the line. Cobby types aren't for everyone, and there will be plenty of bigger horses out there which are still what you are looking for. I ride a big ISH and he is the perfect gentleman, its not just cobs that can be confidence givers!

kaya
20th October 2009, 02:14 AM
Don't get so frustrated the right horse will come to you. What is meant to be (boring old saying when u so much want) Just when I thot I had found the perfect horse I didn't manage to get it on many occasions, when I did get my horse I was so glad I didn't get others as I found the perfect horse for me which the others may not have been. Good luck finding the horse for you