PDA

View Full Version : RIP Stan the Man xx

fofo
8th September 2011, 06:45 PM
I have been dreading writing this post though I have known it was coming.

My beautiful, funny, sweet and affectionate boy was put to sleep forever this morning. All was calm and peaceful.

He lit up my life and I know many people on here enjoyed reading about his antics so your love also goes with him.

Many many thanks to chescar who has held my hand throughout all of this from the day he went catastrophically lame on 26th June. Bless you Jo.

Easyrider who has been there for me all summer and is so understanding.

And Daytona and Burnie who gave us a wonderful day that both Stan and I loved every minute of.

HorseMadMum who almost loves Stan as much as me. Loz and Tiaki too.

loubylou
8th September 2011, 07:00 PM
oh my goodness :( Such a sad sad post, it has all happened so quick

RIP Stan and massive massive hugs to you Jane xxx

daytona
8th September 2011, 07:00 PM
Jane I'm in tears.
I cant say anything yet its just not right.
Its tearing me apart so how you are staying strong I dont know.
We are always here for you hun.
Stan will be causing havoc up there with Troy and Satin.
I cant say much more I'm still so numb.

I'm so so sorry

Sleep tight Stan the Man xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Conniecob
8th September 2011, 07:16 PM
I'm so sorry to read this. I know how heartbreaking it is, and its even more devastating when we always feel like we'll have many more years with them. My heart goes out to you. I know nothing I write will ease your pain, but you did the kindest thing putting him out of his pain although it's the hardest thing for us to do.

Although I haven't been on here much lately, whenever I have I've always loved looking at your photos and reading about yours and Stans adventures.

Sending hugs and love.

Helen xx

nic
8th September 2011, 07:24 PM
:( Im sat here in tears for you Jane.
Stan was one of my faves.

RIP Stan, Run free you gorgeous boy xxxxxxxx

((((HUgs)))) for you Jane xx

fell lover
8th September 2011, 07:32 PM
I have no idea what to say - he was an icon!
Huge, huge hugs to you my lovely!! xxx
RIP Stan, run free from pain bonny lad xxx

Burnie
8th September 2011, 07:35 PM
I'm so, so sorry and sad. Tilly has had extra cuddles tonight and a few tears in her mane :(

I'm so honoured to have been able to meet and sit on him. Here's to Stan, the handsome devil, the comedian and your partner in crime xxx

Sleep tight Stan the man xxx

BEX101
8th September 2011, 07:36 PM
So sorry. X .

Hairy Fairy
8th September 2011, 07:36 PM
Oh no...I am so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you. xxx

Storm
8th September 2011, 07:37 PM
So sorry to hear Jane, having such a recent bereavement myself I feel your pain.

Satin will be taking care of him - she always was one for the lads...

RIP Stan

chelle83
8th September 2011, 07:38 PM
My heart sank as soon as I saw the title.

I'm so sorry you and Stan had to go through this, he looked such a gentle soul.

RIP Stan, runfree. xxx

fairyfeet
8th September 2011, 07:42 PM
I went cold when I saw the title.
I'm so sorry Jane, my heart goes out to you.
I loved Stan, hearing his antics cheered me up, he was just so mch fun.
Huge hugs, you have been so brave in letting him go, I know what a big art of you he was.
Run free Stan the Man, you will never be forgotten.
You are legend

Bright Sparkx
8th September 2011, 07:44 PM
So sorry :(
~Huge hugs~. Thoughts are with you x
R.I.P Stan x x x x

Mungo Madness
8th September 2011, 07:46 PM
I'm so so sorry Jane :( Massive massive hugs! RIP Stan x

BHNRS
8th September 2011, 07:56 PM
It all happened so quick. Im so sorry Jane. Rest in peace Stan! xxxx

Hannibal
8th September 2011, 07:56 PM
I'm so shocked to see this. I know I dont post much, but I've always enjoyed hearing about Stan, he was such a dude.

RIP Stan xxx

easyrider
8th September 2011, 08:00 PM
Jane i cant say anything else i havn't...xx big hug

beks the artist
8th September 2011, 08:01 PM
I am so sorry, so sudden xxxxxx

smellycat
8th September 2011, 08:09 PM
Jane I'm so sorry, my stomach turned as soon as I saw this thread, I can't believe it I had no idea this was coming :( my thoughts are with you, I am so so incredibly sad to read this :( :( stay strong, huge hugs xxxxx

Welly
8th September 2011, 08:16 PM
I am so so sorry Jane.. Absolutely devastated for you.. I loved hearing of Stans latest adventures and mischiefs.. My thoughts are with you - stay strong..
RIP Stan you gorgeous lad - run free xxx

clippi
8th September 2011, 08:16 PM
So sorry Jo.
RIP Stan. Run free

XxFudgexX
8th September 2011, 08:17 PM
I cant believe it, my heart stopped when I read the title
I am so so sorry Jane I feel your pain but he is now up there with the best of them running free from pain xxx

Kelza
8th September 2011, 08:21 PM
I'm so sorry xx

RIP Stan xxx

angietoots
8th September 2011, 08:29 PM
Jane, like others have said, my tummy did a little flip when I saw this title appear :( and I'm sat here in tears reading the whole thread. So quick after everything he has been through, and you are so brave to make that decision for him. He will be able to run pain free where he is now.

Hugs for you
xxx

Jill
8th September 2011, 08:30 PM
So sorry to hear this x

Bex16
8th September 2011, 08:34 PM
So sorry to hear this my thoughts are with you. Run free stan.

fofo
8th September 2011, 08:42 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words.

My heart has been broken all this summer long but Stan and I have had a lot of time for loving and talking and we sorted it all out between the two of us.

Last week I told him that it will be years for me before we meet again but for him it will seem like 5 minutes.

I have been almost mad with grief for so long to the point where I sometimes had to go up to the stables in the evening to calm myself down and sit with him for a while in the dark.

I don't know who I am on here any more because fofo was Jane and Stan and EW to me represents me and Stan.

Remember him like this.........

http://youtu.be/ug9wB7M70C4

silverbullet
8th September 2011, 08:47 PM
So sorry Jane.

RIP Stan

xx

Pie_x
8th September 2011, 08:50 PM
Absolutely went numb when I saw this title, I almost didn't want to read it. I have shed a few tears for you and Stanley, the gorgeous, most cheekiest haffy we have all been lucky enough to of met via EW.

I didn't think this day would come I am so sorry, I don't want to add anything else as I think simplicity says it all. Take care Jane, RIP to the beautiful Stan xxxxxx

OzzieWelshie
8th September 2011, 08:53 PM
I was stunned when I saw this, all seems to have happened so fast. I'm so sorry, such sad news. Stan will be happily running free now, bless him. My thoughts are with you. Xx

Loz
8th September 2011, 08:54 PM
Love that video of him opening and closing the stable door, me and my OH have just giggled at it, me with tears running down my face.

I'm so sorry for your loss Jane, he meant the world to you and he couldn't have asked for a better owner. You gave him so many years of good times and amazing care, and letting him go now before he gets any worse was the best possible thing for him and he'll thank you for that. Stan will be watching down on you and making sure you're ok.

I admire how strong you're being, I really do.

Roulette had an extra big cuddle and kissing session tonight and sends her kisses to you at this hard time.

Hope you're ok as you can be Jane and we're all always here for you if you need us.

RIP Stan, run free with your bestfriend Elliot.

xxxxx

chescar
8th September 2011, 09:09 PM
Jane - such a brave, brave lady.
You gave Stan such a wonderful life and took away his pain when he needed you too.
Try to look forward to your future even though it will be very very hard and hold the memories you have with Stan close to your heart.

I'm always here

Goodnight sweet man.
x

Bay Chaos
8th September 2011, 09:21 PM
I'm so sorry Jane. I don't know what to say.

RIP handsome boy xxx :(

munchkin65
8th September 2011, 09:31 PM
I am so sorry for your loss Jane. RIP Stan x

IrishGreenSheep
8th September 2011, 09:34 PM
So sorry to hear this Jane, I am sat here in tears

RIP Stan the Man, you will always be an EW legend x

Madoldbat
8th September 2011, 09:36 PM
Jane,

Felt sick and numb when I read this and can't see the keyboard for tears. Cannot believe you've had to go through so much this year.

You know how much I love Stan, he was a complete one off, he was the reason I looked at so many Haffies before finally going for Rusty.

Words fail me. RIP Stan the Man, you were a true superstar.

Tiaki
8th September 2011, 09:37 PM
:(

I'm unsure of what to say :(

So sorry Jane ((hugs))

RIP Stan the Man

xxx

ness
8th September 2011, 09:37 PM
I was dreading seeing this post, Jane.Stan really was a horse in a million, so sorry to hear
this awful news. I feel as if I really know him after all your lovely posts and am tears at the moment. Huge hug from me,
goodnight, lovely boy, Stan.xxx

vels mum
8th September 2011, 09:40 PM
Unbelievable, Stan was just one of those horses I expected to see on the forum forever, Jane youve been incredibly brave throught in regards to his problems, I take my hat off to you.
Rest in Peace sweet boy, run free with Turk and all the other EW horses at rainbow bridge, he was a much loved boy xxxx

Stacey
8th September 2011, 09:46 PM
Oh god... another one of my EW favourites that has been lost :-(

Gutted for you. I don't come on here much anymore but whenever I saw your posts on Stan and piccies I always had a peek because he is such a cheeky chappie.
RIP beautiful boy xxx

XenaWarriorPrincess
8th September 2011, 10:21 PM
Oh Jane, I am so sorry. *massive hugs*
Like everyone else I am sat with tears streaming down my face, he was such a character and will be forever remembered.

RIP Stan 'A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart and wins with his character'

kirsty1
8th September 2011, 10:37 PM
so so sorry to hear this. As fell lover says if was an icon, i loved reading about him. This does not seem to be a good year, so many of us seem to be losing or loved friends. Hope he is having fun at rainbow bridge with all ous other friends. Run free stan xxxxx

eeek
8th September 2011, 10:52 PM
This is so sad, why does it always happen to the best ones? Massive hugs going your way and to Stan's massive fan club. RIP Stan, what a horse. xxx

Horse Mad Mum
8th September 2011, 11:08 PM
I was so numb when I heard this today and I know this has torn the heart out of you Jane, I know the bond you two had and yo are right both he and you have a special place in my heart :) . I have been looking for some words to offer some comfort, and can find none, however I truly believe this, which is a quote from Margrit Coates book "horses talking" "dont worry about me . I am still with you even though you cannot see me. If you open your mind and heart , you can hear me and sense me for we are always connected through the heart and through the bond of universal love "...................remember when we lose a loved one or horse they are always with us .................... xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rip Glorious Golden boy, sending many kisses and hugs to rainbow bridge and to your "mum" a special boy xxxxxxx

Madoldbat
8th September 2011, 11:11 PM
What a beautiful quote HMM, I'm off again

Susan
8th September 2011, 11:13 PM
Oh my goodness Jane. Oh that's awful. He was such a loved character on this forum, I have not been on here much and didn't realise he had gone so badly downhill.
So, so sorry. Run sound and free Stan. xx

FlyFar
8th September 2011, 11:26 PM
so sorry. Such a shock. He was a lovely boy.

Anni~Bell
8th September 2011, 11:51 PM
Jane I really am sorry am sitting here in tears :(
RIP Stan. May you run free with Troy and everyone else up there xxx

Teej
8th September 2011, 11:52 PM
Jane I had no idea, I'm just gobsmacked! :sad-no:I knew he was lame but never realised it was that serious. I'm so so so sorry & I hope that you're ok. You've had far more than your fair share of sadness recently. Stan is so very special to all of us on here and it's not going to be the same without him.:(

RIP beautiful boy. You show all of those heavenly ponies how its done :)

Arizona
8th September 2011, 11:54 PM
Jane I like many others cant believe this, bay chaos said to me sad news about jane, I was like I dnt know what your on about till I looked on here and my heart dropped he really was one in a million and Ive had many giggles over stan on here, you had such an amazing bond
R.I.P Handsome man xxx

classic astra
9th September 2011, 12:28 AM
so so sorry jane. stan was an absoloute dude, he was loved by many xxxxxxx

Chwarae Teg
9th September 2011, 12:45 AM
Jane I'm so sorry, my stomach turned as soon as I saw this thread, I can't believe it I had no idea this was coming :( my thoughts are with you, I am so so incredibly sad to read this :( :( stay strong, huge hugs xxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

scewae
9th September 2011, 07:19 AM
Oh Fofo i am so sorry for your loss. Its just short of a month that i lost my Vale so i do feel your pain.
Good night Stan, another bright star to add in the sky tonight xx

Zeitgeist Mom
9th September 2011, 07:54 AM
OMG Jane. Haven't been on EW much lately so only just saw this. Even though I guess we all knew it was coming, it was still such a shock to see it.

I can't begin to express how truly sorry I am for your loss. Stan was one in a million. He had the full package, looks, charm, personality, everything. Definitely one to go in the EW Hall of Fame. (We really need a Hall of Fame. Perhaps we could name it after Stan in his honour.)

I can't belive what a **** time of it you have had this year. All I can say is that it does get better, and hopefully from now on there'll only be good times ahead for you.

RIP Stan. We will never forget you. xxxx

lil_legs
9th September 2011, 08:14 AM
Oh Jane, I have only just seen this.

You are such a strong lady, you have been amazingly brave throughout all of this and I am so so sorry to hear it has come to this already, I am another who is sat here in tears.

Huge hugs.

RIP Stan one of the luckiest ponies to have such a brilliant mum, and one of the cheekiest haffie's your lovely face will be missed on here!! :(

Madnellie
9th September 2011, 08:41 AM
So sorry for your loss.
R.I.P. Stan, enjoy the paddock in the sky XXX

bimba
9th September 2011, 08:56 AM
I'm absolutely devastated for you Jane, you and he were such an amazing team and as has been said it was so clear to see that he was such a special horse.

I think we should all have a drink for the wonderful EW horses who've gone to greener pastures this year, there have been far too many.

Lots of love to you Jane, you're in my thoughts xx

Moodymare
9th September 2011, 09:05 AM
Very sorry to hear of your loss.

RIP Stan. x

Bek B
9th September 2011, 09:15 AM
So sorry to hear this Jane :( Hugs to you.

RIP Stan, you will be missed by us all x

Ninfapaola
9th September 2011, 09:53 AM
So very, very sorry to hear about Stan - RIP fella xx

Gillian
9th September 2011, 09:59 AM
Jane! So, so sorry. I have missed all this and had no idea what was happening. It all seems so sudden. I hope you are coping ok. Rest easy gorgeous boy xxx

annmarie
9th September 2011, 11:00 AM
i am so sorry fofo you have done the kindest thing for your beautiful boy rip stan the man xxxx

Cobby Keri
9th September 2011, 11:49 AM
sat here in the office with tears streaming down my face, such a sad sad loss, he truely was a wonderful lad with so much charactor, I had a smile on my face watching him break his stable door, he almost had that Oh Oh mum look on his face when it broke..Im so sorry hun, I do understand the pain you are going through, something you never forget but does get easier. Sending you the biggest damn hug in the world.

Emm
9th September 2011, 12:20 PM
Im so so sorry Jane.

No words will do, but thinking of you - my heart goes out to you. Your such a strong brave lady.

Sweet Dreams Stan xxx

africa
9th September 2011, 12:26 PM
So sorry to hear this. RIP Stan

Partner
9th September 2011, 12:30 PM
I am so sorry Jane.

He was a wonderful boy and I know gave both you and so many of us here on this forum so very much pleasure with his amazing character and antics. Whatever any of us say will never be enough, but we all feel your loss and share it.

He will be remembered, at first with tears but then forever with a smile.

xxooxx
Mr and Mrs P

Robbo
9th September 2011, 01:12 PM
Oh Jane - I'm so, so sorry - big hugs to you.

You have been so brave - all of us here can only hope we will be as brave as you when we need to...

RIP Stan the beautiful man.

Sandy
xxxxx

StarryLife27
9th September 2011, 01:21 PM
Really sorry to hear of your loss. Stan was amazing, always loved to see his antics.
Rest In Peace, Stan you gorgeous man.
Xxx

Madbee
9th September 2011, 01:41 PM
Oh Jane :( I wish I had something useful to say. I'm so so sorry, Stan was such a character and I know he meant so very much to you. Aargh, such pointless empty words for what must feel like the end of the world. Goodnight Stan, and thank you so much for all the adventures you shared with us all.

Gix
9th September 2011, 02:46 PM
Shocked! I'm so sorry to see this thread, and those few before it, too many lost, not been on much lately so didnt know he had problems. Nothing anyone says makes the pain easier, only time can do that, so sorry dont know what else to say. RIP Stan, and hugs to you Jane xxx

Laura T
9th September 2011, 03:31 PM
I am terribly sad to read this and like many others I am sat reading with the tears flowing. A true EW legend, gone, but never forgotten. RIP Stan, you really were the man.

Massive hugs Jane x

WeeB
9th September 2011, 05:17 PM
Jane I had no idea it was going to be so soon!

So sorry to hear this.

Glad you have had the support you have from your lovely ew friends though. I can imagine how invaulable it has been.

My thoughts are with you. xxx

R.I.P Stan the man

Horse Mad Mum
9th September 2011, 05:25 PM
Jane . Tracy and Em (black crow) send their love HMM XX

gem
9th September 2011, 06:22 PM
Oh Jane I had no idea, I'm absolutely devastated for you. I feel so honoured to have 'known' Stan for these last few years. He was certainly one in a million. He'll be watching over you forever, no doubt getting up to all sorts of trouble!

You know where I am if you need me for anything at all xxxxx

honeybee
9th September 2011, 06:49 PM
So many amazing horses have been lost this year, as many others have said my heart sank when I saw this title.

Sleep tight Stan x

stepbystep
9th September 2011, 07:12 PM
Went numb when i saw the title, i am so sorry. I had no idea :(
Am sat here with tears streming down my face and don't know what to say. He was a truley amazing horse and i never tired of seeing your adventures and pictures.
Sleep tight big man. xxxx

coloredred
9th September 2011, 07:18 PM
Oh Jane, I'm so sorry, I really don't know what to say :(

Stan will be missed by us all xxx

kiagirl
9th September 2011, 07:40 PM
Oh Jane, I am so sorry. I know how you feel, try and stay strong.

Elliebellie
9th September 2011, 09:31 PM
Oh Jane I am so very sory to read this. You are such a brave, strong lady who made completely the right decision for your beloved boy. And what a boy he was! Such character, such charm, such a handsome lad.

big hugs to you.

Run free stan the man, young and pain free again xxxxx

Sasca
9th September 2011, 09:47 PM
OMG ive only just seen this. I am so terribly sorry. It has allways been blindingly obvious how much you loved and adored that stubborn golden pony with a mind of his own. And he adored you right back. Im so so so sorry hunni xxxx :(

Jan
9th September 2011, 09:58 PM
Jane I am so so sorry :( I havent been on EW properly for ages and cant believe every time I come back on another EW legend has been lost it seems :(

Huge hugs Jane, RIP Stan.

Squid
9th September 2011, 10:19 PM
Gosh, I can't believe it. I've not been on much but I knew he'd gone lame.

Such a shame :(

RIP Stan x

My Crazy Clan
9th September 2011, 10:37 PM
I am so so sorry, this is such a shock, he was one in a million, RIP Stan, the Golden Boy.

adamntitch
9th September 2011, 11:44 PM
r.i.p stany boy you will be missed xxxx

thoughts are with you jane hugs and kisses xxxx

Evening Star
10th September 2011, 12:38 AM
I'm so so sorry to hear this Jane :(
am thinking of you
*hugs*

Rest in Peace Stan

xx

zoeee
10th September 2011, 09:40 AM
i'm so, so sorry :( i haven't been on here that long but stan had become one of my firm favourites with his cheeky personality and his beautiful big eyes. it was clear to see that he was a very loved, special and happy horse.
rest in peace beautiful xxx

Boo's mom
10th September 2011, 11:45 AM
I'm so sorry to hear you've lost your beautiful boy. So so sad. :(
Love and hugs x x

Catg
10th September 2011, 12:26 PM
Oh Jane I've only just got back from holiday to see this, I'm so very sorry. I suppose it was on the cards but I'm still in shock, I can't believe this had to happen. Huge huge hugs to you. RIP Stan the Man xxx

sherman74
10th September 2011, 05:30 PM
Oh my love i am so sorry for your loss, i always read your posts about stan and i can tell how special he was to you, just think how many memories you have of him and how much he has taught you, you will always look back on those times with fond memories and its amazing how many times you will say "oh when i rode stan", or "i remember that happened to stan" and your knowledge will help others and help his memory live on in your heart and mind. Big hugs to you and RIP stan in rainbow bridge. x

noonoo
10th September 2011, 05:41 PM
RIP Stan, so sorry to hear this :( xxx

Grey Haven
10th September 2011, 07:13 PM
I read this in work and it was such a shock. I knew he wasn't 100% but actually seeing this post shook me!

What a brave brave lady you have been Jane to make such a selfless decision.

RIP lovely boy - you will be missed more than you ever realised.

Run with Perkins - you two can be the "Grumpy old Men" of paddock paradise xxxx

Ambers Mum
10th September 2011, 07:32 PM
RIP Stan. And massive hugs to you Jane xxxx

fell lover
10th September 2011, 11:31 PM
I so love that video!! xxx

Tanner
11th September 2011, 12:05 AM
I am so sorry Jane.

Sleep tight gorgeous boy xx

Osci
11th September 2011, 12:35 AM
RIP Stan, such a character

Remember that time is a healer, so smile and think of the good times you had together. It is never easy, too many lost recently on here and from my own experiences i know how it can hurt. ((Hugs))

Becca-84
11th September 2011, 10:36 AM
Oh my goodness, I can't quite believe I'm seeing this post - I saw the title and my heart sank, just hoping it wasn't what I thought it was! I loved seeing your posts and reading stories about Stan - he reminded me so much of my own Haffy, Vinnie. I had seen recently that he had lameness problems but had no idea how serious it had got :(

So sorry Jane, I hope Stan is having fun up there in Rainbow Bridge with my mare Lulu, who was pts on July 29th - she can show him around and they can wait for us together :(

RIP Stan, sleep tight. Hugs to you Jane xx

Nat
11th September 2011, 12:27 PM
So sorry x

LindyB
11th September 2011, 01:56 PM
ditto everyone else,i wasnt expecting to see this post,always loved hearing your stories.his memory will always live on through so many people. my thoughts are with you XxX

rip stan the man

injioho
11th September 2011, 07:14 PM
Oh my god that's such a shock! You were both in my dream last night. So so sorry for you Jane I don't know what to say. Here if you need to chat and Scooby's always around if you need a horsey cuddle. RIP beautiful man xxxx

north-mcqueen
11th September 2011, 08:48 PM
My heart sank when I saw the title of this thread on the forum :(
So sorry to hear about Stan.

R.I.P x

Belle
11th September 2011, 11:08 PM
So, so sorry to read this post - I feel for you - big, big hug XX

chance encounter
12th September 2011, 01:31 PM
I am so deeply sorry for your loss of your lovely boy. Was such a shock to read it. Hugs to you! x

Guesstimation
12th September 2011, 01:55 PM
I rarely come on here these days but was just catching up and saw this and was shocked, I am so so sorry.

Stan for some reason has stayed in my memory from posts! :-)
xxx

banjo
12th September 2011, 01:59 PM
Jane, I am so sorry. I have been away in Ireland and I can't believe it.
Lots of love to you and a huge hug from me and Banjo xxxx

fougere
12th September 2011, 05:54 PM
So sad to read that Stan has gone. It's all happened so quickly.

Words just aren't enough to express my sorrow. Sending you a huge hug Jane.

CautionToTheWind
12th September 2011, 08:59 PM
I have no idea where I've been for the past few weeks, I too knew Stan wasn't at his best but my heart just stopped when I saw this title.

I can't express anymore than anyone else how sorry I am to hear the news, its another horse that had all the love in the world to carry on till a ripe old age, you or Stan did not deserve this. Don't blame yourself for anything, Stan knows you love him and don't doubt for one second that that pony thought the world of you.

2011 has been such a sad one for all of EW, I just hope that we can find happiness in the fact that there is always someone there to help us when we hit rock bottom.

I can't express on here how sorry I am, words just aren't enough.

RIP Stan, may your gorgeous golden self run free.
Much love your way Jane, you are so brave.
xxxxxxxxxx

Starsky
18th September 2011, 11:05 AM
i am so so sorry jane i really am :( xxx

VickyF
18th September 2011, 06:41 PM
Couldnt believe i was reading that so soon,Rip Stan,run free with Rambo and the others xxxxx

fofo
18th September 2011, 07:00 PM
Thank you everyone for your lovely words. I am so glad Stan was so loved.

In truth, looking back, I was lucky that he lasted as long as he did. It has been a slow decline for the past 2 years but very rapid in the past 6 months. I kind of knew for a while and fretted but he seemed so happy to keep going.

I have had days where I don't feel sad and I just feel a warmth inside that is my Stan and our love for each other. Then other days I feel distraught. I go to the yard and see the 3 horses grazing and I close my eyes and think that when I open them he will be there as usual grazing with his white floofy mane all hanging there in a great white stripe. Of course he isn't there when I open my eyes. Crazy I know.

I miss his love and his eyes on me all the time watching everything I do. I miss his snozzles and him searching my pockets. I miss knowing everything that he is going to do and knowing exactly how he is going to move and react to everything. He truly is my horsey soulmate.

I have his ashes now. They will be buried with me as was always my intention.

RIP my lovely lovely lad. I know he will rest peacefully and it was his time.

Not well schooled, not a jumper, a show pony or a dressage horse. All that stuff pales into insignificance when you have a Stan. :)

IrishGreenSheep
18th September 2011, 09:35 PM
That is a beautiful post Jane x

CautionToTheWind
18th September 2011, 10:13 PM
That was beautiful Jane, you are so brave xx

amandaxx1
19th September 2011, 02:22 PM
Gosh Jane I had no idea. My heart just stopped when I saw the title.

Rest in peace gorgeous Stan, EW will never forget you xx

hairycobs
19th September 2011, 10:52 PM
I am so sorry I hadnt seen this before. My heart goes out to you. RIP Stan xx

fofo
7th October 2011, 10:17 PM
Celina I truly hope that you do not have to go through this. Please keep Spock with you for as long as possible. I would not want anyone to ever go through the pain that I am feeling. At times it is too much for me to bear.

My sweet Stan. To be parted is so so cruel. I cannot find a way through this at all.

scewae
8th October 2011, 12:03 AM
Hi Fofo i just wanted to add its almost 2 months since i lost my girl, the pain is still so hard to bear even like you i have a new horse. Not a day goes by when i don't think of my girl, hugs - i do feel your pain xx

fofo
8th October 2011, 12:16 PM
Thanks scewae. I am having a very difficult time these past couple of days. It comes and it goes. I can have a few good days and then it all resurfaces and the tears flow day and night.

Big hugs to you too. xx

easyrider
8th October 2011, 05:45 PM
if you wern't the person you are then you wouldn't be feeling like this...it what makes us the horse lovers we are......give it time.....x.....better to let it out....that way we heal quicker

Madoldbat
8th October 2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks scewae. I am having a very difficult time these past couple of days. It comes and it goes. I can have a few good days and then it all resurfaces and the tears flow day and night.

Big hugs to you too. xx

Completely natural my lovely, you're grieving for so many things at the moment.

Virtual hug coming your way xxx