PDA

View Full Version : Degree in Equine Management

LadyV&Louise
22nd October 2009, 01:37 PM
well decided im not getting any younger and i was looking into doing all my stages last year to become a riding instructor basically got told that at 25 im way too old to get taken on at riding schools to gain my experience :( and i was to do it all privatley so i started by downloading the shyllabus's (sp) and learning all the stuff myself. well ive been pondering round college sites and found a course at Askam byann, it s 4 year degree and the first year is only 2 days a week so works pefect round the kids horses and dogs.
You learn all about rehablititation, nurtition the full works about horses the industry everything.
just waiting on the full prospectus to come through the post but i think, i may go ahead and do it.

wow never in my life thought id be doing a degree.

xxxx

CityLights
22nd October 2009, 04:20 PM
if you cant go to the college to do some offer distance learning type courses, im going to sign on to one i think, Morten Morrlle i do one i think and also TOCES, the openc college of equine stuides i think it is, although distance learning doesnt entitle you to any kinds of fudning and grants

LadyV&Louise
22nd October 2009, 05:18 PM
yeh i looked into distance ones, askem bryan said i should get my first year funded with being on child tax credits then id prob get a percentage paid on my second third and fourth they are lookin it to childcare to see if i can claim something on that either from them or from tax credits, i love the idea of distance learning but i think i would apply my self more in a college or hands on
xxxxxx

blackthunder
1st January 2010, 08:59 PM
Hi, I'm 27, and not the oldest on my course, and in my final year of an equine management degree. I also would like to become an instructor/lecturer and have been taking my BHS stage exams along side my degree, which seems to work really well.

If you decided not to take a degree the BTEC national diploma in horse management can also be taken at a working college, which is ideal if you want a more practical course.:)

chescar
1st January 2010, 09:13 PM
Nothing wrong with doing a degree at 25. I was 27 when I went back to university to do another degree