PDA

View Full Version : Looking for sharers..

ROWEY!
9th October 2011, 09:40 PM
Adverts went up yesterday morning, two replies already and I am SCARED.
I spent ages wording the ad to try and get across that Barbie is not a novice ride and needs someone confident and experienced but I'm sooo worried that people still won't be right whether it's because they're deluded as to what they can do, are good riding-school riders and have never done anything by themselves or just missed the 'experienced' points.
I know I'm probably just winding myself up and convincing myself no one will be perfect but I am more than terrible at saying no to people but really hate watching other people ride her if I don't like how they ride etc.
Gonna be a worrywart all week now... Wish me luck that they'll actually be perfect?

casper_cb
9th October 2011, 11:36 PM
*Fingers Crossed* for you & Barbie that they are suitable.

CautionToTheWind
10th October 2011, 12:25 AM
Fingers crossed at keep us in the know :)

Tiaki
10th October 2011, 12:29 AM
Be strong and don't be afraid to say no! It's in everyone's best interest that you are absolutely straight and say it exactly as it is. If the person isn't suitable then say so. It's no good feeling like you have to say yes if either horse or rider then ends up hurt.

Don't be afraid to do a thorough "vetting", go with your gut and say it as it is, best way to be :)

Good luck :)

xxx

lil_legs
10th October 2011, 07:27 AM
If your gut says no then your mouth needs to say no!

Really hope you don't have to though. FIngers crossed they are suitable.

ROWEY!
10th October 2011, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the support guys! I have a lady coming on wednesday who sounds nice if not hugely enthusiastic about everything horse.
I'm getting my dad to come in case everything goes **** up - he's good at saying no.

Madnellie
10th October 2011, 10:30 AM
I agree with Tiako, your horse, your decision. And if you can find someone with a few horsey qualifications (BHS, NVQ) or willing to do the the BHS Horse Owner course, even better. Make sure they have, or are willing to take out, rider insurance. And ask for references, why not! If they are keen, they should be happy to provide all you ask for! Good Luck :-)

ROWEY!
10th October 2011, 11:14 AM
Thanks! I will definitely suggest rider insurance for them but we also have a disclaimer they'll have to sign to say that anything that may happen to them while looking after/riding Babs is their own responsibility and they understand the risks involved. I think I'm so worried because although her sharers now are nice people, I've had so much brainache over them since they don't know all that much and let her get away with anything. I will try and suggest the BHS Horse Owner course or even just taking part in a stable management course to prepare for that sort of thing if they don't know an awful lot. Thanks for all the suggestions.

ALSO, if anyone has a sharers agreement type thing, I would be sooo grateful if you could send it to me just so I know what sort of thing to include in one!

Madnellie
10th October 2011, 11:25 AM
There's a sample loan agreement on the BHS website which you could use to give you ideas. http://www.bhs.org.uk/Horse_Care/Horse_Care_Advice/Publications/Download.aspx

Tiaki
10th October 2011, 04:00 PM
Rowey if you PM me your email address, when I am home I will send you a copy of the share agreement I wrote and used. I'm not home until tomorrow night but will email it across either then or Wednesday :)

xxx

ROWEY!
10th October 2011, 08:17 PM
Thank you both - Tiaki I'm PM'ing you now but theres no rush.

loubylou
10th October 2011, 09:54 PM
Hi Rowey! First off good luck with your possible sharers. Also- what sites did you advertise? Have had little to no luck with finding sharers so would be interested to know! x

ROWEY!
10th October 2011, 10:09 PM
Hey, thanks for the luck.
I only put a few up on free sites with the plan of sticking something up on horsemart that I never got around to - I did preloved, Stabletalk and Equine Adverts. Hope this helps!

Welly
2nd November 2011, 11:00 AM
How did it go?? xx

ROWEY!
4th November 2011, 10:32 AM
i had two people come but the first was too novicey and the second decided she only wanted to do saturdays (I've advertised looking for 2-3 days a week with upto one weekend day) and wanted to ride for like, three hours that day so I said no. I've got another girl coming today who my instructor taught a couple of years ago and has since been sharing a horse at a farm down the road so fingers crossed she'll be the perfect sharer.