PDA

View Full Version : How much would you charge for livery??

Twizzel
24th October 2009, 01:04 PM
On a small private yard, with good facilities (big floodlit school with rubber/sand surface, excellent quality grazing with post and rail fencing, field shelter and automatic water troughs, good hacking, decent sized stables and tack room). 24/7 turnout in summer. YO not on site, but people on the yard all day and it is sandwiched between 2 houses, so not in the middle of nowhere.

Great access, very very quiet (would be 3 liveries max and just yard owners horses).

Prices with and without hay/straw please?

Option A: DIY

Option B: Part- turn out, bring in, muck out

Option C: Full- includes everything including exercise

How much would you charge for odd jobs- i.e. turnout/bring in (to include rug change if needed), muck out etc etc??

We have figures in our heads... but just need to see what others would pay?
Cheers :)

XenaWarriorPrincess
24th October 2009, 01:32 PM
DIY - 25
Part - 45
Full - 100, 85 without exercise.

Turnout and bring in - 1 or 50p for just one. Plus 50p for rug change.
Muck out - 4
Feed-1

Im probably way out but :/! :lol:

WeeB
24th October 2009, 01:50 PM
I dunno.

For DIY at my yard its 147 per month
Full is 368 per month (full includes hay, and a basic feed)

Facilities wize theres an indoor school with jumps (at top yard - can be used by all liveries regardless of yard they are on), good grazing, roomy stables (in a barn at top yard) secure tack rooms, vending machine, caravan for lounging in at bottom yard, excellent varried hacking.

extras are 2 to bring in or turn out
4 muck out
5 hold for farrier or vet
20 transport
YO does lessons for a tenner.

haywize YO buys in round bales of haylage and that is split between the DIY'ers. (bottom yard is all DIY, top yard is all full or part)

My Crazy Clan
24th October 2009, 02:03 PM
Option A: DIY 25 a month.

Option B: Part- turn out, bring in, muck out 35 a month.

Option C: Full- includes everything including exercise 75 a month.

Twizzel
24th October 2009, 09:39 PM
Rhea do you mean per week?!! Even so, part livery sounds a bit cheap... my old yard up country charged 75 for part (everything excluding exercise).

I'm thinking 25 diy, 30 with hay and straw... part 50 and full 85??

Hmmm.

helena
24th October 2009, 10:11 PM
We've got a small livery yard similar to that above, only difference is no automatic watering system, and our prices are almost exactly what Xena Warrior Princess put.

kirsty1
25th October 2009, 06:25 PM
It depends where in the uk you are, round about edingburgh and the lothians the average price for DIY (but including straw and hay/hayledge) is 50 a week!

LastSerenade
25th October 2009, 06:31 PM
where we've been looking round our area the prices all seem to be about the same:
DIY: with nothing 20-25, with hay/hayledge and bedding 35 per week
Part: 50
Full 80-100.

Saiorse
25th October 2009, 10:17 PM
ad in local paper has large stables 35 per week - includes haylage, bedding, turnout/bring in, feeding. has a large floodlit arena too and decent hacking. beaches are 20 min hack and both perfect for riding one is 1 mile and other is 3 miles long

another does DIY 30 per week with bedding, haylage and turnout/bring in if needed, Part 45 including exercise and full 70 with all the bells and whistles. great hacking and large indoor arena and floodlit outdoor arena both with great surfaces, exerciser, big tack room, lazing about room with venders and kettle.

both of the above do 24/7 grass livery for 10 per week the second has an option for grass livery with night time stabling in winter for 15 DIY totally but bedding included

GreyEventer
25th October 2009, 10:25 PM
I'm not sure on DIY and part as i've never had that, but for the full, if your doing similar to hunting livery, riding out for them, exercising etc. than anything upto 180 in my area is the norm. That is if your doing it really really properly, and obv. hay,straw, feed etc. included. But if your doing livery not including exercising than about 100. Mine is on full livery at a fairly large yard, 2 seperate yards each with about 20 odd horses. I get the use of arena and good off road hacking, walker, jumps (in arena and on grass), XC course in summer, good fields with auto water system, hay, straw and feed, all done for me for 11 a day. Mine is very flexi though, i do him at weekends and in holidays or when ever im around, i just let them know.
For odd jobs i think they run it something like this:
Muck out 5
Bring in 2.50
Change of rugs and put out, picked out feet etc. 4
Put on walker 4.50
Riding 15 for an hour.
Those sort of prices.
We have stables that are about 3x the size of your normal stable, so yeah..
but i think these are verrrrrrrry reasonable and would pay a bit more if that was the price!