PDA

View Full Version : Loan and/or Rehome

Roo
28th October 2009, 12:03 AM
Hey (:
So basically, I have been waiting for a horse shelter to contact me for 4 months, and because the last month I havn't been able to get through (over the phone), all of their ridable horses have gone.
My mum said I would be able to loan - I have riden since I was 4 and havnt ridden so much (only at friends) from 13-till now. So I would class myself as novice. Although, I am comfortable and know what I am doing. I wouldn't want something too challanging where we would'nt be compatable. Also I live on a farm - cattle, no horses, although have neighbours with horses.
I'm 5ft7 and looking for 16hh - west midlands - south wales area
I'm not sure how to go about looking for a full loan horse, I have been looking but what is a good and fair loaning fee, and what are good sites?

Thankyou :)
xxxx

CityLights
28th October 2009, 02:52 PM
if your full loaning often the owners expect no fee from you, you just pay for its day to day upkeep and vets fees during its stay with you, you should always get a loan contract and cover everything you could think of in the contract, the BHS have a basic outline on their site

There are lots of free sites that tend to be a better place to look for loan horses i found mine on New Rider there are lots on there usually although often more part loans than full but for your first horse a part loan could be a better idea to begin with that way you have some extra help from the owner of the horse

Mungo Madness
28th October 2009, 06:34 PM
There's lots of sites advertising horses for full/part loan. I would recommend Horsemart as its very commonly used, but failing that just good "horse full loan" and your area and it will come up with lots of different sites such as worldofhorses, horsetoloan and rightequine to name but a few.

Good luck, hope you find something :)