PDA

View Full Version : Trec report :D

WeeB
28th January 2012, 10:40 PM
Went to the second of the Kelly Marks winter series that we are doing at a yard fairly near by. (went with my friend S and her pony C who we went with before)

We did the one day comp and the kelly marks (which is control of paces and obsticals only)

We were late getting there (the norm for us! really must be more organised!) But just made our tack check time!

I fluffed things up in the map room and copied the first part of the route wrong, but noticed in time to change it but it made me loose focus when we were out and I think we went a bit wrong, but it was very tricky. We kept on bumping into the two ladies who left after us and they looked just as confused and lost!!

We got back on track and finished in (I think) good time. There was a bit of chat in the lorry park about tickets and we found out there had been three and we'd only found one! (the people behind us didnt find any) so 100 penalties for us :(

Went into the COP and PTV feeling.... pressured! Not nerves as such but not relaxed!! Came out thinking what a rubbish round it had been! :lol: But thinking back, obstical to obstical it wasnt too bad, just silly mistakes. Appart from the rein back, we totally demolished that!! Must practice it at home.

We had to leave before the results were out but I got a text a few hours later from the organiser to say that S and C got 3rd in the one day and 10th in the kelly marks, and me and B got 1st in the one day and 4th in the kelly marks!!!!!

So pleased with my wee man! Think I've found his forte, just a shame level two is beyond him now (length of the por - orienteering- is too much for him) wish I'd discovered trec years ago!

lil_legs
29th January 2012, 10:30 AM
Well done on those results though. I love reading how B is managing so well.

clippi
29th January 2012, 11:15 AM
Well done on those results

WeeB
29th January 2012, 05:02 PM
thanks guys!

Thats three firsts and a fourth we have gotten so far in the series and one days at this yard! Best we've ever done at something! :D

Grey Haven
29th January 2012, 08:33 PM
I'd love to try Trec when Echo is a bit older - I couldn't see the photo link so you'll have to PM me!

namtasha
30th January 2012, 08:34 AM
Well done !!! Were going again Feb 11th Kelly marks not got a date for full one yet but excited to get lost :)

WeeB
30th January 2012, 09:40 AM
will do GH. Been swnt home from work with my sore ahoilder ao will nodoubt be passing my tume on ew today!!

namtasha thats great! We have our first full trec in may (the second full one we've ever done) and a couple more one days and a training session planned before then.

Just realised that next year i'll have to enter the open kelly marks, not the newcommer!!

stepbystep
30th January 2012, 08:27 PM
GREAT results! Well done you and B :D

WeeB
2nd February 2012, 10:44 PM
thanks lucy!

Just checked on BHS site and we're on the kelly marks league board! in, drum roll please...... 25th place!!!!! (out of 128!) dont think we'll make it into the top ten, but something to aim for!

lil_legs
3rd February 2012, 07:52 AM
Wow well done!! That's not to be sniffed at!!