PDA

View Full Version : Advice on how to advertise Abbi for loan needed

fell lover
8th February 2012, 08:29 PM
I am having to put Abbi out on loan and it is breaking my heart.
Do people take on youngsters needing backed? I am happy for them to compete etc and am looking for a minimum of two year loan. Would also consider selling if the right person wanted her.

What do I write in the advert? Where is the best place to advertise?

Please help xx

CityLights
8th February 2012, 09:15 PM
No idea about where to advertise but yes i think you probably could find a home even though she isnt backed, didnt you send her away to be started though and were getting help off a friend?
Perhaps try project horse, im not a fan of preloved personally, and being a coloured i would give coloured contacts a try too

fell lover
8th February 2012, 09:41 PM
didnt you send her away to be started though and were getting help off a friend?

No, that was my Fell Pony, Becky. She was started by a guy that owed my hubby money. He didn't do a good job! So my friend took her for a few weeks due to me breaking three bones in my foot. She has been turned away all winter and I will bring her back into work when we have better weather (even though I am not meant to ride till June). When I am allowed to ride again, I want to be able to play with her.

My field is totally mashed! It needs a very long rest and I can't afford to put both on livery.

lil_legs
9th February 2012, 07:32 AM
Oh!!!! I would so have been interested in her but Hutch says i'm not allowed to fill Flynn's place!!

My Crazy Clan
9th February 2012, 02:56 PM
I would be more then happy to as long as it says in the contact that you can't just take the horse back after loaner as put all the work it xxx

fell lover
9th February 2012, 08:42 PM
I would be more then happy to as long as it says in the contact that you can't just take the horse back after loaner as put all the work it xxx

I am not that type of person Rhea, cos I would be devastated if it happened to me x

Catg
9th February 2012, 10:47 PM
I'm sorry you have to put her on loan Sandy. I'm not very knowledgable in this area so I'm not sure what to suggest :(

I don't think Rhea meant any offence. The point is that if she goes to someone who doesn't know you like we do then they can't afford to make that judgement call when only having met you a few times.

Awww I wish I could help! xxx

injioho
11th February 2012, 10:10 AM
Agree with Rhea and Cat. As long as the contract clearly tells them that they won't just be used to back her I'm pretty sure you'll have someone snap her straight up.
So sorry you're having to put her on loan :( xx

Ambers Mum
11th February 2012, 06:49 PM
Oh!!!! I would so have been interested in her but Hutch says i'm not allowed to fill Flynn's place!!

has Hutch been speaking to Karl because he has said the same about Mony space!