PDA

View Full Version : Advert for my pony - advice please

millimoo
28th October 2009, 09:01 PM
Hi guys,

Could you please have a look at my ad and advise if thi sounds ok.

Looking for a sharer or someone to part loan my little man. Hes a 14.2 Welsh Sec D Gelding, 20 years young. Loves hacking and will go for miles, 100% bombproof on the roads and never known him to spook at anything. Needs an experienced / confident handler as he can be a little bolshy and needs to be handled in a chifney. Is brilliant under saddle and will give the most nervous of riders confidence. Can be a lazy in the school but will pop a little jump if you ask him to. Due to work commitments I am looking for someone whos looking for a happy hacker to love and care for around 3 days a week am flexible on what days. To be kept on present yard in Walmley near Sutton Coldfield where we have brilliant facilities outdoor school, jumping paddock, good local hacking, horse walker etc. Very friendly yard with lots of experience and advice on hand if needed. For more info, please call me on **********

Any advise????

Thanks in advance :o)

GreyEventer
28th October 2009, 09:15 PM
by putting 100% bombproof on the roads, it suggests he isn't in fields?
the next sentance needs to be changed, its sort of contradicting. maybe change it to say that he is very good ridden and is great for all abilities from the most nervous but needs a confident handler as can be bolshy. i would leave out the chifney bit and explain on phone etc. i would also leave the can be lazy out, put something more appealing like quite in the school and will pop small fences.

it sounds goodotherwise, pony sounds nice :)

Anni~Bell
29th October 2009, 04:52 PM
I don't know about anyone else but by saying 100% bombproof on roads doesn't sound like he isn't in fields.
Agree about the next sentence though. Rephrasing it to needs a confident handler as can be bolshy is better and take the bit out about the chifney as that could put people off.
I too would leave the bit about him being lazy and put something different.

Good luck!

My Crazy Clan
29th October 2009, 08:22 PM
Ditto Anni!

piccolo
30th October 2009, 12:48 PM
Sounds good to me, but ditto coments above. Maybe you could be a bit more personal like saying his name when you talk about him etc?
Is he easy to handle in other ways?
Does he live out/in?

millimoo
9th November 2009, 05:33 PM
Thanks Guys. I'll change them bits, I'm not sure about in fields as I've not taken him in a field, however a friend of mine has for a gallop and said he's fast but has brakes and when just riding in the field he's fine and doesn't go until you ask him to. He does need to be handled in a chifney because he's naughty without it but when you put it on he's a donkey on a rope :o)
He's a good boy really just old and set in his ways and has been allowed (before I had him) to trample all over whoever he wanted to. He's good for the farrier but does get impatient when tied up if the others are going out / walking past him (he thinks he's missing out on something). Not really sure on where to put the ad? Any ideas? I've put one on stable talk but not heard anything. I'll put in local tack shops etc but does anyone know of any good websites that aren't just advertising in London / Essex etc???

Thanks for your advice guys.

bimba
10th November 2009, 03:49 PM
Are you asking for any finiancial contribution? If you are then I'd put that in the add otherwise you may get people looking for a free ride, it doesn't have to be exact just put something like 'contribution towards upkeep required'. Other than that I agree with the others, sugar coat things a bit!