PDA

View Full Version : Weird mail from my advert here

Kim
8th March 2012, 08:40 PM
I put up an advert for our boy to be shared a long while ago now, i put it up on this site.
I'm pretty disgusted as i got this mail from some guy calling himself Ed today

"I would like to have a portion of Yogu and i love a good ride. I am a small man of 8 stone in weight and would like to do some riding on Tuesdays and Fridays. when i am not working in the abbatior. I have previously owned a horse snd would be happy to pay the upkeep costs you mention.
Is this ok? "

I was a bit shocked. It was in bad taste I think but cant work out why someone would send something like this.

Ive asked the site to remove my advert and to investigate the e mail address.

Is it weird or have I just looked too far into this?

BEX101
8th March 2012, 08:43 PM
It is a bit strange!

lil_legs
8th March 2012, 08:46 PM
Very peculiar.

Kim
8th March 2012, 08:52 PM
I dont know what to do.

I have reported it to this site and they are removing the advert straight away.

There are some whacko's out there.

OzzieWelshie
8th March 2012, 10:30 PM
It is odd. Sounds like English is not his first language, however, so perhaps it's the way hes translated it that makes it come across peculiar. I wouldn't worry too much.

fairyfeet
9th March 2012, 06:34 AM
Yes he's not English, and he's put about his job to show you he works with animals.

cuddie
9th March 2012, 08:00 AM
Am afriad it doesn't sound that odd to me ... English is probably not his first language! And he's maybe mentioning the abbatior so that if you do decide to meet up and let him try your horse you would be shocked as to where he works!

My partner is deaf, if you get an email/text (they are very random, wrong use of words ect, but every spelt correctly)from him then you would think exactly the same as what your thinking about the above message ...

Zeitgeist Mom
9th March 2012, 08:04 AM
I agree with others about it being English is not his first language. I think he is probably genuine, but I certainly wouldn't be giving him a call. :lol:

Hairy Fairy
9th March 2012, 09:42 AM
Like the others said it does just sound to me like this person doesn't have english as his first language.He might be perfectly genuine and just struggle with written english. :)

injioho
9th March 2012, 01:54 PM
As everyone else has said, he's probably just struggling to translate! If I were you I'd contact him and thank him for the offer but tell him you have already found someone. That way, if he is as perfectly innocent as it seems he's not left wondering or thinking he has been ignored. It also means you shouldn't have any more unwanted messages from him if you have told him his help isn't needed :)

amandaxx1
13th March 2012, 04:01 PM
I agree with others about it being English is not his first language. I think he is probably genuine, but I certainly wouldn't be giving him a call. :lol:

Same!!!!!!!!