PDA

View Full Version : BHS liability insurance

Kim
29th October 2009, 09:24 PM
IS the BHS liability insurance that comes within the gold membership enough cover? does anyone else have this?

mermer
29th October 2009, 10:53 PM
Below is a summary of what they offer. It isn't as comprehensive as some but it is comparable in price, if not a bit better. While just riding Herbie, who is quite a steady horse, I felt it was enough, but since I've got Merlin, who's a bit more lively I have searched the internet and thought Pet plan was best. It was a bit more expensive but covered more injuries. If you click on the gold membership bit a policy leaflet should come up and you can zoom in and read it. This is basically what it says;

Public liability
Key Features and Benefits
This policy covers your liability for:
accidental bodily injury to any person
accidental loss of or damage to property
happening anywhere in the world arising out of your use, ownership or control of horses or horse drawn
vehicles and your direct participation in other horse related activities.
10,000,000 limit of indemnity in respect of any one claim, unlimited in respect of all claims occurring during
the period of insurance

Personal accident
Features and benefits
PROVIDES COVER FOR ACCIDENTAL DEATH, LOSS OF LIMB OR SIGHT AND PERMANENT TOTAL DISABLEMENT ONLY
as a consequence of:
A: Horse related accidents other than whilst attending an organised equestrian event as defined in B below but
including travelling to and from such event.
B: Horse related activities whilst attending an event or official Practice/Training session organised by or affiliated to the
BHS, BSJA, Pony Clubs, BHS Riding Clubs, BE, BEV, BHDTA, BD, Endurance GB or FEI but excluding travelling to
and from such event.
Up to a maximum benefit of 10,000 in respect of A and 15,000 in respect of B

Hope that has helped.

Lobelia Overhill
30th October 2009, 12:43 PM
I have it - was recommended on another site - as my lad is on full livery. Haven't had to claim anything!