PDA

View Full Version : Been emailed about a horse - too good to be true?

Mungo Madness
31st October 2009, 12:58 PM
Just received this email regarding a horse for share.

"hi. i have a kwpn gelding 8yrs old 16.3, for share. he has intro evented and has done dressage for the last 2 yrs. i need some one who enjoys jumping, he knows his stuff jumping but i now lack confidence in jumping. so dont like doing it. but he gets bored and needs it.
he's a loving chap and very sweet. but slightly immature on he ground, he plays with his front legs when tied up. also due to not jumping he does bunny hops in canter on lose rein every now and then, but confident this would dissapear once jumping.
i have an indoor school, out door school and round pen. with tea room toilets, indervidual tack room and he's stabled in the main.
barn.
im looking for some one 2 days aweek who can compete, have transport to get you to shows. every thing is included, i.e teeth shoe's feed bedding hay etc.
im asking for 20 per week to wards costs.
he's an very expensive horse and would do well at shows. if your intrsted gve me a ring on ******. dutys on yours days can be done for you, just need to ride or you can do dutys, up to you. i live on site of yard

where in ******. some photos on horse exchange. link below"

:confused: I have the link to the original ad if anyone wants to see it I can PM them.

I'm a bit worried because of the grammer/spelling, the fact that she has lost her confidence jumping and wants someone to do that for her, the fact that the original ad wants someone very confident, and his bunny hopping in canter.

To me that is reading, he is nuts, bucks, gets really excited and is uber strong.

:confused:
Should I phone? Seems like a fab opportunity if it is real...

:confused:

eeek
31st October 2009, 01:47 PM
Phone, you have nothing to lose!

But the bit where it says he's a very expensive horse and would do well at shows slightly rung alarm bells. Overhorsed, somewhat?????

naurarwen
31st October 2009, 02:14 PM
As eeek said phone cause at the end of the day you have nothing to lose. Please could you pm me the link to the original ad when you get the chance.

Horse Mad Mum
31st October 2009, 02:19 PM
i agree its worth a phone call ! trust your gut instinct HMM X

Mungo Madness
31st October 2009, 02:26 PM
I phoned and will be going to see him next week :)

I have to say, speaking to her on the phone I felt a lot more at ease then reading the advert, so hopefully it's going to all be good :D

Horse Mad Mum
31st October 2009, 02:33 PM
fingers crossed XXXX

sazzy925
31st October 2009, 04:35 PM
The only way you'll find out is if you go and have a look. Get her to ride him first and then see what you think of him.

My Crazy Clan
31st October 2009, 06:30 PM
hope this one is good!

CityLights
31st October 2009, 08:06 PM
its always worth a look some peoples idea of strong and what ever might be totally different to your idea, i think its possibly a little that the owner might of bitten off more than she can manage with it and is over horsed

Susan
1st November 2009, 06:43 PM
It sounds like he has given her a fright and she has just totally lost her confidence. I agree that it is worth a look, as could potentially be a fab horse, but just be careful. Always the chance that he really is a bit of a nutter/has been allowed to get away with absolute murder.

I agree with Smile and Wave, it doesn't sound from the email that he has actually evented etc with the current owner, she has maybe bought him hoping to get into competing and has just found him a bit much. Good luck!

Vodkagirly
1st November 2009, 09:00 PM
I would give it a try.
When I first spoke to the person I am sharing with now she made sure that she told me all of Charlies bad points, I was a bit apprehensive as though I've rode difficult horses when I was younger I was more interested in a happy hacker but I rode him in the school then went for a hack with her on another horse as a companion then agreed on a 2 week trial and 4 months later it is working out great. He isn't particually naughty, just not bombproof but as she really cares about him the last thing she wanted was someone who wasn't aware or capable riding him and risk injuring either of us.
Hope it works out for you

helena
7th November 2009, 06:12 AM
He sounds like he has been allowed to get away with it to me, I would be wary of 2 things - the playing with his front legs, does this mean he strikes out? Also the bunny hops in canter, I can't see how jumping would help, this sounds more like either he is totally underworked or he has some sort of phyical problem.