PDA

View Full Version : How much would you pay for Saffy?

gem
2nd November 2009, 02:31 AM
Obviously she's priceless and never going anywhere, but if I were to buy her again now, how much do you think she'd be worth? Just wondering really. And I can't get to sleep. Too excited about seeing said priceless pony tomorrow :D

5yr old mare, Appaloosa x, around 14.3hh but still a liiittle bit bum high so maybe reach 15hh.

Very quiet and calm, rarely spooks, never bucks/rears/bolts/anything that requires much effort. Schooling nicely on the flat - tries hard for you. Jumping shows promise but needs a lot of work to teach her where her legs are.

Really good do-er, costs barely anything to keep. Can live in/out as required and doesn't need hard feed. Barefoot with slow growing hard hooves. Never sick or sorry and never even been footsore.

Great to handle. Can be cheeky but never naughty. She respects people (especially those with food). Gets on with any horse in the field and is happy to be out alone too. Is usually fine to catch but sometimes needs a bit of persuasion with a bucket. Walks through electric tape.

Good to load and stands for the vet and farrier. Never clipped her so don't know about that but I'm sure she'd be fine once she understood the severity of the situation. Will not be wormed with paste. Breaks stallion chains if you try to kill her with said paste.

Hacks alone and in company. Definitely not a first horse but would suit a competant rider with average confidence. Rider needs to be firm and consistant or she'll end up daydreaming and fall over her feet.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h148/biteme86/Saffy036-1.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h148/biteme86/DSCN1745-1.jpg

My Crazy Clan
2nd November 2009, 12:16 PM
Mmm 1500-2000? What is she like hacking out?

Loony
2nd November 2009, 12:29 PM
I would say 2200 or something like that. x

gemma1309
2nd November 2009, 01:05 PM
Probably around 2000-2200 mark depends how good and safe she is too hack out. Seems like a much sought after type

Brithdir Barrd
2nd November 2009, 04:12 PM
2000 pounds she is very pretty.

gem
2nd November 2009, 07:36 PM
Thanks guys :) Hacking - she's absolutely fine. Will sometimes stop and have a look at something but has never napped or anything even like that. She's fine in traffic (I'm not!) and has seen all sorts - buses, trucks, lorries, weird farm equipment, a big haylage spearer thingy with haylage attached...she's fine once she's had a look :) She can be a bit excitable in open fields but again not naughty or silly.

Welly
2nd November 2009, 08:49 PM
Theres something v similar to her by the sounds of it advertised in our local tack shop for 1450 at the mo, seems bit of a bargain but I dunno really! xx