PDA

View Full Version : How much would you pay for Nellie? (Photos)

nat91
4th November 2009, 12:53 PM
Im just woundering what price I should ask for one of my horses.

She is an 9yo Wetherbys Reg 17.1 Chestnut TB Mare By Presenting (sire of gold cup winner)
Nellie is a very sweet mare, and only offerd for sale as a boodmare or light hack as she pulled a tendon when racing around 4-5 years ago now. Sold straight from the field. Eligble for the ROR in hand classes. Good to catch. Lives out all year round with just hay/haylage and No Rug!! Lots of bone, would breed excellent hunter type foals. Now here's the bad bit....She can be slightly unsound when lunging on her tendon that she pulled. I am only putting her up for sale as wasted.

She's is 100% sound it's only when she's putting a lot of pressure on her leg she tends to dip slightly, for example on the lunge in canter.

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq156/Corey_L91/P020909_101201.jpg
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq156/Corey_L91/P020909_101301.jpg
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq156/Corey_L91/P020909_1012.jpg

eeek
4th November 2009, 01:03 PM
If she's not sound then about 300 probably :( It's a pity as she sounds really nice!

How long is it since she had her injury?

XenaWarriorPrincess
4th November 2009, 01:03 PM
Umm not a lot, sorry!
If she is unsound then she isnt eligable for ROR classes, im pretty sure they need to be sound fpr them!!

nat91
4th November 2009, 01:10 PM
She's is 100% sound it's only when she putting a lot of pressure on her leg she tends to dip slightly, for example on the lunge in canter. We had her for 3 years now so she did it a bout 4-5 years ago.

Twizzel
4th November 2009, 01:16 PM
If she is unsound when putting pressure on her leg, then surely she's not suitable to be a broodmare?

In all reality she's probably worth meat money...

nat91
4th November 2009, 01:30 PM
I think I will just keep her in her field for forever and a day. We saved her from going for meat when she pulled the tendon, the meat man said he would give 700 for her. I could never send any of them for meat!!

CDR
4th November 2009, 01:33 PM
I think I will just keep her in her field for forever and a day. We saved her from going for meat when she pulled the tendon, the meat man said he would give 700 for her. I could never send any of them for meat!!

Good for you, I could never do it either. Sorry you didn't get the answer you had hoped for :(

My Crazy Clan
4th November 2009, 02:57 PM
Personally I would keep her, the only thing I would be willing to do is loan her out as a companion only or give her away free as a companion, I would never ever let the meat man have my horse :( good for you for not.

eeek
4th November 2009, 04:20 PM
She's is 100% sound it's only when she putting a lot of pressure on her leg she tends to dip slightly, for example on the lunge in canter. We had her for 3 years now so she did it a bout 4-5 years ago.

Sorry to be a pedant but she is not 100% sound if she dips even if only slightly!

CityLights
4th November 2009, 08:47 PM
17.1!! thats on big TB

You might manage to sell her as a nice hack or to a home that knows how to cope with a horse with a slight problem, most people should know that circle work really isnt ideal for a horse with tendon issues anyway and as long as you are upfront about it then it shouldnt be a problem

as she is an ex racehorse, has a problem with her leg and also her height she would probably be a 700-800 horse i would say although you can pick some ex racers with apparently no problems for around 500

classic astra
5th November 2009, 01:07 PM
i wouldnt pay more than 200 for her