PDA

View Full Version : How much for?

helena
5th November 2009, 05:45 AM
13.2 very pretty grey welsh mare, 3 and a half years old. Very very well bred, 2 of her brothers have won at county level showing. One was sold for 6k to holland as a stallion.

She is very good to handle, box, farrier, catch, viceless and has been backed and lightly schooled, and has loose jumped 1m with ease, but she has never been shown, but would definitely be a county level/ HOYS prospect if she were shown.

Ideas please?

XenaWarriorPrincess
5th November 2009, 09:02 AM
She sounds lovely! Umm unshown probably 2k ish :/
Its hard to say though, if she has decent breeding someone who likes those lines will pay more. She sounds like she would make a decent WH pony.

My Crazy Clan
5th November 2009, 11:36 AM
I wouldn't pay any more then 600.

helena
5th November 2009, 01:45 PM
Elanor I can't remember its a welsh name I can't begin to pronounce, but when I looked them up they were very well known and linked with numerous HOYS winners.

It's a pony that a friend bought from the welsh pony and cob sales 2 weeks ago.

XenaWarriorPrincess
5th November 2009, 11:00 PM
Oooh, any chance of some pics, she sounds nice!
Was that from builth?? Did you hear about that colt being 'stolen'...all a bit odd i thought!?!

helena
6th November 2009, 06:05 AM
Yes it was from Builth, no, don't know about the colt?? I don't think she's got any pictures yet, but when she has I'll post some.

CityLights
6th November 2009, 08:26 AM
unproven welsh ponies arent very saleable really, as there are probably hundreds more with similar or the same breeding, if she is a complete cracker and maybe if she went out over winter and did some of the PUK winter in hand stuff, then she might be a 2000-3000 pony, if she did well and proved her self a little

XenaWarriorPrincess
15th November 2009, 10:01 PM
Yer hence the ' ' s....very odd i thought, especially as the colt that was 'stolen' sold for 600 and the colt that was theirs only went for 200... sceptical, me!?! Never!!
And quite a coincidence that they had an accident in their lorry at the pass gates, meaning they avoided getting their passes checked!!!