PDA

View Full Version : boots, does anyone use them

cowgirl8
9th September 2009, 09:30 PM
Can anyone give me advice on horse boots, the kind that replace metal shoes. I've got some Easy Boots ordered, we thougt we'd try some. But if anyone has good luck with another brand, let me know. :)
We only need shoes when we haul our horses where there are rocks, which is maybe once a year. We'd love to do it more, but hate to have shoes put on our horses. We are hoping that these reusable boots will work and if they do it will be so much better than nailed on metal shoes...........

silverbullet
10th September 2009, 06:56 AM
I have Boa boots for Basil in case he loses a shoe as his feet are poor and just crumble. They're quite good but do rub if they get sweaty around the coronet band. I pad mine out with gamgee.

lilholley
10th September 2009, 09:13 AM
I use cavallo boots on Bella, because the woods we sometimes ride in are rocky. Just let them get used to them on the lunge or something first, and make sure you get the right size.
I tried an easy boot but found it really difficult to get on and off

claire777
14th September 2009, 01:51 PM
I use easy boots (RX) on my Retired TB as he gets sore feet, bless him.

They've turned him into a new horse and it's the best 100 I've ever spent

CityLights
14th September 2009, 01:54 PM
I had some cavallo boots, they are dead easy to put on and stay in place really easily, the old macs are a right pain to get on and really heavy and i didnt think the boa would be that hardwearing the wire just looks like it could snap to me and would be tricky to fix,

the cavallo boots also come in funky colours in the states, i think you can get them with the american flag on, we just have to boring black ones over here