PDA

View Full Version : Rhinegold rugs - opinions please!

bimba
8th November 2009, 03:30 PM
Are they good, bad? Sizing wise do they come up big or small? Thinking of getting one for Mac as he needs a new lightweight and want something hard wearing and comfortable for him.

kiagirl
8th November 2009, 05:39 PM
I have a turnout and a stable for both my two. They all fit well and I just bought them their usual sizes.

My Crazy Clan
8th November 2009, 06:51 PM
I had one, I love it, it was lovely and deep for my lot, which is a lot better then being to short in my opinion.

Twizzel
8th November 2009, 06:57 PM
Freebee has a couple of Rhinegold rugs, one is a lightweight turnout which didn't seem to fit overly well, ripped easily and turned really badly.

The second is a medium/heavyweight combo turnout which fits him a treat and doesn't move when it's on, doesn't leak either. Only downside is when it's wet it is very heavy, but apart from that I can't fault it.

de80
8th November 2009, 07:10 PM
small too size and as like twizzel the one i had was like a lead brick when wet

gemma1309
8th November 2009, 07:19 PM
I got a rhinegold rug last year and it lasted well and using it again this year. I never had a problem with mine although I took size up from usual size as found normal size didnt fit any of my two. The 6ft3 is just perfect on both but would say that the necks come up slightly shorter than ordinary full necks fine if you have a short necked horse like my Sash Justin it only comes just over half way up. I would get another one again just the perfect amount of depth for my Native types

bimba
8th November 2009, 07:39 PM
Right so do you reckon I'd be better getting him a 6'9 - he's usually 6'6 which is a good fit. I had a 6'9 before and it was absolutely huge on him so really quite unsure as to what to do.

chance encounter
8th November 2009, 10:04 PM
Ive had two Rhinegold rugs. One I bought years ago on Ebay for Chance and absolutely hated it. It was a lightweight combo and the neck just didnt fit at all, wasnt made properly and was squwiff!

Then BCE bought Darli a lightweight one in the summer. We needed it quickly and this was the only lightweight we could find at the time or we honestly wouldnt have bought it. It didnt have a neck but we got him a 6ft which is the correct size for him but she found it a bit too deep at the neck as it scoops down if you know what I mean. She says if you have a stocky horse then it should fit fine as it is cut really big at the front. It has no velcro at the front so it doesnt stay shut tightly. Length and depth wise it is brilliant but just badly designed.

eeek
9th November 2009, 07:33 AM
Saw a pretty new one ripped to shreds the other day. But apparently it's owner's field mate chases him and grabs hold of the rug all the time. Not sure if any rug would survive that!

Storm
13th November 2009, 06:42 PM
Satin's worn Rhinegold now for 4 years, She's got a medium turnout with detachable neck, a medium stablerug with attached neck and a fly sheet with detachable neck.

I've not had a problem with them at all, they've all worn well, and when she's leant over barbed wire and nicked the turnout rug the little rip has not spread.

They're nice and deep - I've just gone for another stable rug for her on ebay as a spare and am looking for a spare turnout...

I love them, Satin's a welsh x dales type

Storm
13th November 2009, 06:42 PM
Satin's worn Rhinegold now for 4 years, She's got a medium turnout with detachable neck, a medium stablerug with attached neck and a fly sheet with detachable neck.

I've not had a problem with them at all, they've all worn well, and when she's leant over barbed wire and nicked the turnout rug the little rip has not spread.

They're nice and deep - I've just gone for another stable rug for her on ebay as a spare and am looking for a spare turnout...

Storm
13th November 2009, 06:57 PM

Twizzel
13th November 2009, 10:56 PM
I will add one more comment that has become evident over the past few days-

they take ****** ages to dry! The Rhinegold turnout is still soaking wet after 4 days of being hung up to dry... :(

My Crazy Clan
14th November 2009, 01:10 PM
one used, just went on ebay for over 30!!!! you can get a new one for that!

Chelle
15th November 2009, 02:00 PM
I'm considering getting one, but a stable one with a neck, horse is normally 6/6'3, but mainly 6ft, is it best to get a 6'3?

chance encounter
15th November 2009, 10:40 PM
I also noticed last night when the wind was blowing that they dont have a big enough tail flap either and Darli's bum was showing as the wind was blowing it up. I like the big pleated skirt ones on the Weatherbeeta rugs.