PDA

View Full Version : millie maybe going up for sale..

so-n-so
11th November 2009, 08:25 AM
:( shes really getting to me now and im running out of ways and means to keep her safe..

so she will be up for sale if no improvement soon..

im thinking along the lines of 1200 - all that is is covering my costs, iv made a massive loss on her really so cant go lower then 1000...

please dont hate me for thinking along these lines but im finding it really hard with her and im not the best rider by far :( :(

eeek
11th November 2009, 10:21 AM
Oh no, sorry to hear that :(

What problems are you having with her? Think I have missed updates etc.

so-n-so
11th November 2009, 11:11 AM
Oh no, sorry to hear that :(

What problems are you having with her? Think I have missed updates etc.

yeah lots.... :(

i put a post on general horse chat - not alot of people replied ..

shes jumping out of stables, over fencing to get the the other horses... shes really going to hurt herself and others as well as me....

vels mum
11th November 2009, 11:15 AM
She is 4 isnt she?

Really sorry to hear this, think I must have missed your update too.

As for price can you refresh details about her breed height etc? xxx

My Crazy Clan
11th November 2009, 11:19 AM
Mmm shes stunning don't get me wrong but I don't think you would get that much with her problems, What about turning her out completely, whats to say she won't be like this with the new owners?

so-n-so
11th November 2009, 12:08 PM
She is 4 isnt she?

Really sorry to hear this, think I must have missed your update too.

As for price can you refresh details about her breed height etc? xxx

shes 4 years old, 14.2 maybe 14.3. cob cross. just started riding, and going ok.
one of the best horses to handle on the gound - wash, bath, groom, good with farrier, dentist, vet,
super movement and very forward going.

she has a white patch on her shoulder, and roany on her bum.

i think 1200 to good home - iv made a huge loss on her if she went for this. x

so-n-so
11th November 2009, 12:15 PM
Mmm shes stunning don't get me wrong but I don't think you would get that much with her problems, What about turning her out completely, whats to say she won't be like this with the new owners?

that wont be anything to do with me if she is... sorry, doesnt seem nice but i have more then one horse to look after..

and why wouldnt she go for that? that seems very fair to me, iv looked at some horses and they go for way more.. shes a mare - and is classed as a coloured so there is also a possibility she may have coloured foals. she has an amazing trot and jump and really will go far in the right hands.

eeek
11th November 2009, 12:27 PM
Prices of horses are crap at the moment :( Gorgeous as she is, she is green and the houdini factor is obviously a big problem! So I'm afraid I doubt she would fetch 1200 unless her parents competed successfully, but it does depend on your area.

bimba
11th November 2009, 12:38 PM
I think it's pretty hard to judge the market at the moment, some horses are still making money others aren't. Given her escaping I think selling her for a decent price might be difficult, that said people advertise horses with far more problems on project horses and still want twice what you want for her. I guess it all depends on how much someone wants her really.

Loony
11th November 2009, 12:49 PM
I definately think you could get 1200 for her.. probably a bit more IMO..

Sorry to hear that you have to sell her, I can imagine how frustrating it must be though to have an escape artist!! Have you tried all the usual tricks like putting up plastic bags around the fencing? Maybe put up a grill on her stable door, might not encourage her to jump out.. but then could possibly seriously hurt her.. tricky!

My Crazy Clan
11th November 2009, 02:28 PM
that wont be anything to do with me if she is... sorry, doesn't seem nice but i have more then one horse to look after..

and why wouldn't she go for that? that seems very fair to me, iv looked at some horses and they go for way more.. shes a mare - and is classed as a coloured so there is also a possibility she may have coloured foals. she has an amazing trot and jump and really will go far in the right hands.

I'm sorry if I've offended you I didn't mean too, I am going by what your have said in the past about the rearing etc and being only 4, I'm not sure how far you've gotten with her right now?, I am worried shes going to end up in the wrong hands if shes goes back to square one with new owners? also with the market as it is, summer would be the best time to sell but not everyone has the choice to wait this long.

XenaWarriorPrincess
11th November 2009, 02:38 PM
I agree with whoever said to turn her out somewhere to chill for a few months, she obviously has a major problem with being stabled. Have you had the vet out to check her over? When did she start trying to escape?
And unfortunately 'losing money' is a risk you take when you buy a youngster or any horse for that matter, so IMO that shouldnt really come into it.

CityLights
11th November 2009, 04:31 PM
if you can no longer manage with her and she is making it hardwork for you then maybe her moving on might be good thing for both of you, i would just be very very carefull about the type or people and yard she does eventually go to

Welly
11th November 2009, 07:15 PM
I presume you will be telling any prospective buyers about the jumping out of stables/fields etc?

so-n-so
12th November 2009, 08:27 AM
I'm sorry if I've offended you I didn't mean too, I am going by what your have said in the past about the rearing etc and being only 4, I'm not sure how far you've gotten with her right now?, I am worried shes going to end up in the wrong hands if shes goes back to square one with new owners? also with the market as it is, summer would be the best time to sell but not everyone has the choice to wait this long.

no you didnt dont worry hun.. :)

welly - of course! im not going to tell them shes super fabby and then for them to find out that and sell her on - im not a dealer or dodgy.

Savvy
12th November 2009, 01:10 PM
Do you know why she's jumping out? If she's so perfect in every other way is it not something you can solve? My Sovereign is a renowned escape artist but we manage it by improving all our fencing and ensuring she always has food and company etc so she doesn't feel the need to escape.

mermer
13th November 2009, 05:27 PM
We have a youngster who jumps out of the stable, massive high sides it has too! The only way he will stay in is if another horse is there, and he always has hay and water. Out in the field he needs to be with a few horses, just him and one other and he's off!

Hope you find a nice home for her x