PDA

View Full Version : Feel a bit upset with this ad

I love my Haffy
25th November 2009, 11:21 AM
I know that you like to show a horses good nature but this poor pony is so honest but i really dont think this mare needs to be put through this for an advert!

HM943A79B

Bless her little heart, made me want to cry seeing it - i want her to buck him off and she would have good reason to!

Thingamyjig
25th November 2009, 11:28 AM
what a total ******* cow...

i so wish the pony had chucked him off into the mud and trampled on him, i hope she gets a really nice loving home, she deserves it, poor thing..

How do you report people on HM, anyone know, im furious

I love my Haffy
25th November 2009, 11:30 AM
I know - how could anyone treat a pony like that???? Jabbing her in the mouth while they were STANDING on her back and mounting her like that

Catg
25th November 2009, 11:34 AM
I thought it was a bloke riding her? Good idea to show what good breaks she has and calmly stepping over things but the rest of it is a complete farce! It's a real pet hate of mine to see people riding in trainers!

Whoever buys her will need to get her back checked before going anything with her!!

Bless her what an absolute angel.

XenaWarriorPrincess
25th November 2009, 11:47 AM
Thats the same dealer that was posted about the other day.
Complete pikeys by the looks of it and i wouldnt touch with a ****** stick however the mare doesnt look bothered, i know ive done similar things on my ponies when i was a kid!

I love my Haffy
25th November 2009, 11:50 AM
Yes as a kid we used to jump on from the groud etc but this is a grown man and he isnt being gentle with her at all. I think the video has gone too far and you dont need to be rough with a pony to show it has a kind gentle nature. Poor little mite

CDR
25th November 2009, 11:55 AM
That was presumably to show that the horse would take anything but the poor little pony!! You'll just have to buy her and rescue her for those silly people!

I love my Haffy
25th November 2009, 11:55 AM
dont tempt me lol she looks lovely

Welly
25th November 2009, 01:07 PM
Aww bless her, she looks a cutie - bloke looks a bit of a donut though..

How far is Yorkshire from you Ruth :p lol xx

vels mum
25th November 2009, 01:21 PM
Apart from him mounting her too sharply, he really landed in the saddle with a thud, I think it shows how bombproof she is. When he was standing on the saddle, he seemed quite careful however I didnt pay much attention to the bit in her mouth, someone has said it was jagging in her mouth which obviously isnt great!
If it had been someone lighter doing all that id have been impressed but because he is a bit on the heavier side it does leave a bit of a bitter taste in your mouth.
Lovely pony and pretty young too to accept all that was thrown at her!

Id say she would be prefect for my little sister as she has always wanted to combine gymnastic moves and horses, she is light as a feather a nd full of condidence, shame pony is so far away!!!

Alyria Leila
25th November 2009, 02:25 PM
i think that vid is shocking!!

ok the walking over things and the stuff being knocked over great she's not spooky but the rest was a bit silly really!! i mean unless you work in a circus are you really ever going tp do any of those things with the poor pony!!!

its a shame cause she looks very very sweet!!

Zeitgeist Mom
25th November 2009, 04:04 PM
Poor horse!!!! Please buy her Ruth!

Catg
25th November 2009, 04:06 PM
Yes let's pick on Ruth this time!

Go and see her Ruth! Call them call them! Tee hee

Cat x

I love my Haffy
25th November 2009, 04:14 PM
Yorkshire is a proper treck otherwise i so would!

I must say that i prefer a horse that is naughty though!

Louise
25th November 2009, 04:17 PM
Poor ponio...

Cj was shouting "buck him off, buck him off" all the way through that..

Then said.."what a complete a*se" (when he was standing on her)...

well I can't tell her off when its true!!! and from a 9yr old too

gem
25th November 2009, 04:18 PM
Oh my god what absolute scally scum. Horrible horrible useless ******* mess. People like that are what's wrong with this country. She's a definite 'if I had the money' one. Her expression reminds me of Saffy. Such a little sweetheart. God quite honestly if I was out of uni and had a career I'd be off over the pennines to steal her away then I'd put a stamp on that little shnoz and post her to you Ruth!

Poppy and Harmony
25th November 2009, 04:21 PM
what a little gem that pony is! Putting up with all of that, poor thing :(

She's gorgeous

I love my Haffy
25th November 2009, 04:21 PM
lol Gem - she is such a sweetie

chescar
25th November 2009, 05:23 PM
Some people really are thick!!!

Loony
25th November 2009, 06:02 PM
I think the video must have been taken down as there's nothing there now. I get the jist from this post though, poor girl. What absolute idiots.. doesn't exactly scream "professional, trusty dealer" to me.

Dilbydoos
25th November 2009, 07:27 PM
Awwww that pooor pony!! But what a little saint she is... Most of that is not necessary...

CDR
25th November 2009, 07:32 PM
Poor ponio...

Cj was shouting "buck him off, buck him off" all the way through that..

Then said.."what a complete a*se" (when he was standing on her)...

well I can't tell her off when its true!!! and from a 9yr old too

:pmsl::pmsl::pmsl:

Loony
25th November 2009, 10:34 PM
Is everyone else seeing this video but me then? Let me try it again and see if it's been put back on..

Loony
25th November 2009, 10:40 PM
Just clicked on the website to watch it. To be honest I didn't think it was as bad as people are making out, although obviously a very odd way of selling a horse. What a star, she didn't even bat an eyelid.

Louise
26th November 2009, 10:48 AM
For the people saying its ok...

If you were selling your horse..and this man came to try it out..and did all that on it..would you let him continue after about 5 seconds???

I know damn sure he would not get anywhere near mine!

rachyrooster
26th November 2009, 12:38 PM
Where's the ad? how do i find it?

I havent seen it yet, but from the sound of it, no i wouldnt let someone try my horse like that, but trying and selling are two very differnt things. when a friend and i were showing a horse off we vaulted on him with not tack on and rode him round the yard, then my friend jumped about 4 foot on him and i, as a more novice rider jumped about 3 foot on him. However there is no way that we'd allow someone coming to look at the horse to do those things. we were just showing what the horse was happy to do in a home he was happy in with people he trusted.

piccolo
26th November 2009, 04:08 PM
Each to their own, but i think riding a horse like that would just lead to slopyness. How many begginers are going to stand up on her back in trot, unless they want her to be a vaulting horse :lol:. They should have just shown how bombproof she is by going in heavy traffic etc -not doing stunts!!

Anni~Bell
26th November 2009, 05:31 PM
I don't think its that bad either :)
Yes Louise if someone came viewing my horse did that I would tell them where to stick it but I reckon what they are doing isn't as bad :)
We used to do that on the horses so are we pikeys, horrible owners/riders??

Loony
26th November 2009, 06:28 PM
I've already said that its an odd way of selling a horse, but I don't think they're being cruel to her, other than tugging on her mouth when he was standing on her.. he'd of been better having someone lead her! I don't think anyone's going to buy her so they can stand on her whilst she trots.. so to me it's just a very weird way of representing that she's bombproof! But I definately don't think you could accuse them of being cruel to her, just slightly eccentric.

Loony
26th November 2009, 06:32 PM
For the people saying its ok...

If you were selling your horse..and this man came to try it out..and did all that on it..would you let him continue after about 5 seconds???

I know damn sure he would not get anywhere near mine!

I'm not sure where you're going with this because it's 2 entirely different situations..

If I had a horse and a man wanted to stand on her back in trot, I would say no thank you I wouldn't like a life like that for her. Simply because I can imagine over a long period of time, it would do damage because he has no idea how to do it professionally. If he just wanted to see how bombproof she was, I'd suggest other ways, but if he wanted to sit on her bum, or infront of the saddle, and whatever else they do in the video, and I know my horse would be like that haffy and not even bat an eyelid, then yeah maybe I would. Then perhaps decide not sell to such a strange person.. :pmsl:

But they are selling a horse and doing those things to make a point, that she's pretty much unflappable. Its just a selling technique, not a career.

I've seen people on here messing around on their ponies, lying down backwards etc.. why is this any different? And does this mean that you don't like the Spirit Of The Horse shows and similar things, with all the acrobatics on horses?? ...

ness
26th November 2009, 11:10 PM
Maybe they are sellig it as a potential circus pony?lol

Tarka the horse
27th November 2009, 07:33 AM
I dont see what the problem is either. Lorenzo had to start somewhere! There are a lot of people who stand on horses' backs - they just generally have longer reins. I agree that it wasn't necessary, but I dont think anything else that it does is that bad. He doesn't kick her when he gets on, he doesn't land heavily in the saddle, and not once does she put her ears back - she's not tolerating it, she's accepting of it.

Watch him ride, he's not bouncing, not pulling at her mouth, not kicking her in the ribs - all things that you see every time you walk into a riding school, pony club rally day, showjumping arena. He had no gadgets on her pulling her head down or to make her more forwards going - all things that you see in ads selling horses. Perhaps we should all start posting ads where people are riding badly?! There are thousands of them, and those ARE the horses who will present problems.

I honestly dont think it's that bad at all....just rather odd!!!!

Susan
27th November 2009, 05:19 PM
I agree with Loony and Tarka. I have watched videos and looked at photos on this site which have made me cringe way more than this did. I thought the pony was super, will be snapped up, and the only issue was him catching her mouth a bit. Watch any vaulting team and you will see the horse having all this and more done. I didn't see him thump down or boot her at any point. Not how I would choose to sell a pony and wouldn't particularly attract me, but I see what they are trying to do. If someone wanted to try this kind of thing out on a horse I owned with a view to using it for vaulting/displays of some kind then I would probably be prepared to let them give it a go at their own risk and up to the point where I felt they may be causing distress. This pony didn't look at all distressed.

Lucy
29th November 2009, 11:34 AM
I cant see the ad!?

Loony
29th November 2009, 10:46 PM
She's probably been snapped up now!

My Crazy Clan
29th November 2009, 11:03 PM
I can't see the add, can anyone tell me what it said??

Loony
30th November 2009, 08:01 PM
It was a video Rhea or somebody doing things like sitting in front and behind the saddle when riding, making it knock things over and walk over them, and standing on the saddle when trotting. It wasn't bad.