PDA

View Full Version : calmness tests

Ussiarella
10th September 2009, 10:59 PM
Hello
here in germany we have competions called calmness test.
There is a course of different frightening situations for the horse, ie ballons fly up behind a wall and you have to go near the wall or someone goes with a hand barrow with stons and tins in it around the horse so that it makes a lot of sound and the horse should do nothing. To walk over a awning or water... to go through a warning tape curtain... there are a lot of frightening situations... do you train something like this with your horses? Or are your horses brave and fearless?
I must say Shadow hates water, warning tape curtains, balls, children, and everything from backwards coming, a lot of sounds...
What about yours?

Ussiarella
10th September 2009, 11:10 PM
Oh thatīs interesting!
We have this as competion and many young horses have to do this because the horse is more expensiv with this competion (if the horse was good in it)
thanks for answering!

beks the artist
11th September 2009, 12:16 AM
Sounds a little like our 'Handy pony' competitions! Don't tend to see it in adult classes though.

ness
11th September 2009, 01:34 AM
I think my yard owner operates it on a daily basis as everyday we have to walk past, tractors, drills, electrical with sparks coming out, motorbikes, pig pens, hammering and various other trials for my mare to go past. Its a sort of 'Challenge kissie'!

Lorraine
11th September 2009, 02:19 PM
I'd have no chance of getting Tibbs near a balloon - we'd be crossing the channel into France at an underwater gallop if he saw one, especially if it moved!!