kelsey
6th December 2009, 05:46 PM
does he have good conformation ?

http://www.equine-world.co.uk/memberpics/kelsey.jpg
http://www.equine-world.co.uk/memberpics/kelsey1.jpg

whats your views?

Anni~Bell
6th December 2009, 05:56 PM
Have no clue about conformation but hes stunning!!

kelsey
6th December 2009, 05:56 PM
it may actually be higher he's 6 n dutch so suposedly myt still grow lol but am still undesided weather he's bum high lol x

eeek
6th December 2009, 06:05 PM
Was going to say his hocks are a bit straight. Also is he a smidgeon calf-kneed?
Don't think he's ewe-necked but could do with a bit more muscle to make his neck stronger.

kelsey
6th December 2009, 06:07 PM
erm dont no what you mean by calf kneed ? not heard the term before? x

Poppy and Harmony
6th December 2009, 06:09 PM
His neck looks a little weak and he also looks slightly roached backed but then that could be the angle of the photograph

kelsey
6th December 2009, 06:24 PM
myt be better pic

OzzieWelshie
6th December 2009, 07:32 PM
Not great on conformation, the only thing I will say is he does look a bit bum high. His hind quarters & neck look a little weak, but that can be worked on.

XenaWarriorPrincess
7th December 2009, 09:16 AM
His hocks are a bit too straight and pasterns are a bit long. Neck and HQ are weak.
Nice shoulder though and back is a nice length!

helena
7th December 2009, 12:23 PM
He's got a poor neck, too upright hind legs, weak second thigh, a bit calf-kneed, bum's not great either.
Other than that he's fine!

CityLights
7th December 2009, 07:32 PM
he looks a pretty decent stamp no majour faults a little weak in the neck and flat in his topline so would struggle to devlop muscles in the correct places and carry himself in certain ways, his feet look better in he first picture in the second they look a little like they are starting to lack heel

he also has quite a hollow behind his shoulder and i would suggest having a good check of his saddle as it could be a little tight and be causing some muscle wastage

My Crazy Clan
7th December 2009, 08:38 PM
I am also not good at this but he seem a lovely sort.

Tarka the horse
8th December 2009, 09:49 AM
I would also agree with the straight hocks and long pasterns. Also agree with the neck and bum high comments.

Will say, however, that there are very few horses who have great conformation and I think he looks like a lovely horse. So if I were shopping, I'd overlook those things depending on what my aims were. For myself, he'd fit the bill :)

zoes87
8th December 2009, 04:00 PM
agree with black crow.

but like tarka said, depends what you're wanting him for! he does look a lovely horse!

Tiaki
8th December 2009, 06:21 PM
The straight hocks caught my eye but that's about it. His topline looks like it's lacking muscle but this can be improved with correct work, not so much a conf fault.

He's lovely :)

xxx

casper_cb
16th December 2009, 12:30 AM
I like him!
In the pics he looks a little back at the knee, but his shoulder looks super!!
He does look a little croup high, but again could be how he's standing and he's lacking muscle infront which can in turn make the bum look bigger.
Looks like he's got a HUGE amount of potential! Like him!

monty
26th December 2009, 11:24 PM
It all depends on what you want to do AND how he moves .... most of all he needs top line ( that means were his mane is ) it needs building up feed Top Line cubes and when you ride him he needs to be on the bit....... you need to post a pic of him movin at trot (not bein riden ) also one of the pics look like you hav taken it on a slope...... and you can not tell about hocks/knees till you see the horse ........ sometimes if you stand the horse sq n take pic from the front you just may see if its behind or over at the knee .....but I like him if you got that neck up you will do well at riding culbs ......as long as he goes ...... what ever you do he is a handsome chappy:)

Biddy
29th December 2009, 07:24 PM
Looks nice - the first pic his neck looks a bit weak, and back a bit straight, but could be the camera angle. Can't sdee his head that well though....