PDA

View Full Version : how much ?

classic astra
18th December 2009, 04:09 PM
for a 14.2 4 year old mare, 4 years, been backed and riding nicely on the roads on her own and im company. has been driven. quiet but a little nervous untill she gets to know you. pretty mare that would do well in the show ring. good to catch load etc will add pics of her monday :)

Tiaki
18th December 2009, 04:52 PM
Not much at all sadly.
Foals at local auctions are only selling for 1 a head. Even the meat man are not buying and when that happens, shows how bad things really are.

Definitely under 500 for the fact she is young, only just backed and nervous. People are not buying, let alone buying something that needs further educating.

If I had horses to sell, I would hang onto them until spring at the earliest and not buy anything else for a long while.

xxx

helena
18th December 2009, 08:48 PM
Would say about 400-600 depending on the area you live in, however you'll probably struggle to get that at this time of year. Tiaki is right about prices, at the welsh sales last month you could get 2 section A's for 10. My friend bought a registered section C, handled but unbacked rising 4 year old, super bloodlines for 130.

bimba
18th December 2009, 11:01 PM
Agree with the others, a couple of hundred quid. Horses are going for silly money at the moment, no point selling really.

My Crazy Clan
20th December 2009, 03:31 PM

classic astra
20th December 2009, 07:03 PM
cool thats about what i thought, im taking on a mare as a favour for a friend to sell as shes lost her grazing and is desperate for me to take her, so just needed to give her an estimate of what shes looking to get for her.