PDA

View Full Version : Horsebox insurence for young drivers

angie
12th September 2009, 07:50 PM
i am ment to be getting a horsebox for my 21st if the insurence on it is not rediculous, by this time i will have been driving for 7months. does anyone know roughly what it may cost for a 3.5t 6-7k lorry? or even which companies are likely to be able to offer me insurence as most will not insure under 25s. also is there anyone under 25 who is insured/drives their own horsebox. thanks guys xxx

amandaco
13th September 2009, 11:42 AM
hmm i would have thought it would be pretty expensive.
ive been driving for7 years never had accidents or claims
my 3.5t lorry costs 320 for insurance and breakdown for any driver over 25.
i would just call them up and ask what sort of prices they can offer......
i am with anthony d evans who have a great rep.i know they offer an any driver over 21 policy too....

vels mum
13th September 2009, 12:00 PM
You will also have to sit your B + E car and trailer driving test before you can drive a lorry or car and trailer.

Im currently learning, reversing sucks!!!

amandaco
13th September 2009, 08:27 PM
if its a 3.5t she wont.

chance encounter
14th September 2009, 08:11 AM
Try SEIB they were advertising in a magazine that I was reading that they are doing special offers for young drivers in 3.5t wagons.

When I had a 3.5t it cost me just over 200 and that was including breakdown with them but then Ive been driving for years.

casper_cb
16th September 2009, 09:57 AM
NFU are super and also offer break down recovery, my sister is with them and has lorries from 3.5T to 10+ ! Not sure how much their insurance is.

KBIS brokers are very helpful at finding a deal good for you, that's who I use, I was insured on the lorries with my provisonal license, been using them for 6 years. I started driving lorries at 19.

loubylou
16th September 2009, 02:20 PM
oooh interesting- am hoping to get a 3.5t in the next month or so and have been worried about insurance! I will be 22 and driving for 4 years so a little peeved that a 25yo thats only held a licence for 5 mins can get insured and I cant!!