PDA

View Full Version : If it's not too much trouble, could you possibly...start looking for horses for me after New Year?

Loony
20th December 2009, 01:56 PM
start looking for horses for me after New Year? :cheekywink:

(my suspense-filled title got changed sorry!!)

:D:D:D:D Its time guys!! :D:D:D:D

XenaWarriorPrincess
20th December 2009, 02:07 PM
WHooooooooooooooooooooo! :D :D

chescar
20th December 2009, 02:09 PM
Wheyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Of course.

What you looking for hun?

My Crazy Clan
20th December 2009, 02:31 PM
Why did I think you where waiting untill summer???? :&

Price range, distance, height, age etc

Anni~Bell
20th December 2009, 02:36 PM
Yay!!!! :d

Loony
20th December 2009, 02:59 PM
15.2+, 5-13 years old, will have to wait till after Christmas to see what my horse fund gets up to (don't know if you've noticed but I used to have almost 3k, don't ask!), probably be 2.5k ish with money for vetting, transport etc. Anywhere around the Midlands area but not too far down, North-West, North-East. Has to have a bit of spark and some SJ experience, not necessarily at shows, even at home is fine.

Gillian
20th December 2009, 03:02 PM
Ooooh, how exciting. I'll have a look.

eeek
20th December 2009, 03:07 PM
Vinny would suit you so well, although he's an inch too short and a year too old!

I will keep my eyes wide open for similar models :)

Loony
20th December 2009, 03:23 PM
He really would Liz! Thanks.

vels mum
20th December 2009, 03:37 PM
How exciting!!!!!!!

Maria
20th December 2009, 04:21 PM
Yayyyyyyy!!! :) I can't wait to look with you!

Loony
20th December 2009, 04:49 PM
Long time no speak Maria! Hope everything's okay! x

Maria
20th December 2009, 04:53 PM
I'm still around but feel a little left out as I haven't got much to talk about horse related, really. :(

Loony
20th December 2009, 04:56 PM
Aw neither have I, but I know what you mean!

My Crazy Clan
20th December 2009, 06:04 PM
Will keep my eye out for you, I know you said don't ask BUT how come? I'm gutted to be honest :(

gem
20th December 2009, 06:55 PM
I'd really recommend you give Liz Leigh and Liz Grundy a ring. Liz Leigh is the one that gets most of the school horses and Liz Grundy is the Cobs n Plods lady (but obviously gets other things in than plods!). Let them know what you want and they're great for getting back to you if they find anything.

nic
20th December 2009, 07:25 PM
Woohoo!!!!:D

I shall go and have a nosey for you :D

Smurf
20th December 2009, 07:32 PM
Ooh i love horse shopping especially when i dont have to spend the money! :cheekywink:

nic
20th December 2009, 08:05 PM
These are all west Midlands

HM946L2CA

HM946JG44

HM945CCF8

HM945BHHE

HM945AC18

HM944M998

These are North west

HM946I189

HM945DADB

HM945CG19

HM944811E

HM943BA22

HM943B21E

will these do for now??:lol::D

Evening Star
20th December 2009, 08:18 PM
woo so exciting!!!!

Loony
20th December 2009, 10:13 PM
Will do Gem! :) thanks.

Rhea I've had a very busy few months and for some reason I've found myself with absolutely no money and another 20 days to wait to be paid!

Christmas is coming up so it'll be just fine, I'm sure. Plus I'll be putting in 200 from my wages once my friend coguhs it up.. never lend people money. :rolleyes:

Loony
20th December 2009, 10:28 PM
Alright nic here we go :lol:

1st one looks really odd, especially in that last picture! And doesn't look very special to me. (I'm going to be one of those fussy ones, I know!!)

2nd is a definate no due to being nervous in heavy traffic. My yard is on a very, very busy main road. And due to the fact that I've never hacked out other than the odd few treks I've paid for years ago, I'd want something virtually bombproof. Other than that I sort of like her. Actually I've just seen her price - def something fishy there!!! Wouldn't touch with a bargepole.

3rd is ugly sorry :o

4th is too TB'y for me, I don't like really fine horses, chunky TBs I'm fine with though. Plus she looks quite spirited!!

5th looks really nice, it's a shame she's 13. I would go and see her, I just wouldn't be overly excited because of her age. Yes horses are still going strong well into their 20's but for my first horse, its not something I'd want to worry about so soon.

6th is okay, but again nothing special.

7th looks like a brown giraffe.

8th I can't even make a decision on due to shocking lack of pictures and information!

9th I really like. Something a tad odd about him in the schooling pic but he's really pretty and a nice build.

10th doesn't scream out at me either.

11th is lovely!!!

12th looks alright, I'd have to ask for more pictures though.

Loony
20th December 2009, 10:37 PM
These are ones that have caught my eye when just flicking through:

HM946JE18

HM946K443

All I can be bothered to find right now :lol:

gem
20th December 2009, 10:56 PM
That 2nd one's from abbeyglenn stables. Wasn't someone saying something bad about them a while ago? Maybe I'm getting mixed up.

Really love the look of this one although description a bit vague:
HM945CG19

If I was looking to buy I'd definitely definitely try this one. I'm thinking there must be something other than windsucking wrong with him for the price though:
HM943BA22

Will keep an eye out :)

Loony
20th December 2009, 11:32 PM
Not at all Mandi!!

I love coloureds too - I just didn't want a trad :)

Thanks a lot x

gem
20th December 2009, 11:35 PM
Sarah won't let stallions on the yard so he'd have to have had the snip a few months before being allowed on I think

Loony
21st December 2009, 12:22 AM
Sarah won't let stallions on the yard so he'd have to have had the snip a few months before being allowed on I think

She said "from one of the queens stallions", not that hes a stallion. Unless I'm missing something and he is actually a stallion Mandi??

Loony
21st December 2009, 12:22 AM
Oh my gooooooooddddd, I missed this!!!! Yayayayay! I'm sooooo excited!
Never fear, I'm on it! :D

Eeeee fab :D you always find good 'uns!!!

eeek
21st December 2009, 10:29 AM
The ones I like so far are:
*the 13yo who plays polocross
*Bailey (chestnut) seems like a really good first horse
*the little black mare you found
*Flame looks LOVELY!
*the one that windsucks (although I agree price seems a little low despite windsucking)

8th one of Nic's has a VERY straight back leg which would put me off.

The Warmblood in Lancashire looks quite nice but would want to see more pics of him being ridden. The schooling pic is not very impressive but nor is the rider!

Good luck :)

Catg
21st December 2009, 10:48 AM
Yay! Will have a look for you xxx

My Crazy Clan
21st December 2009, 11:44 AM
I like a few of them!

chescar
21st December 2009, 11:50 AM
I know Liz Leigh. Have hunted with her. Proper genuine. She is good friends with my YO and sells a lot of horses to people we hunt with. Proper good horses although often 5/6 year olds. I could go with you if you see any of hers you like. She might be inclined to be even more honest if i'm there. I you get my drift.

Loony
21st December 2009, 02:16 PM
I did actually look at that webby yesterday Jo, I really like Tia. I wouldn't mind taking you up on that offer if its okay :)

I need to ask about probationary periods once I get back in work on the 4th, but I don't see any reason why I couldn't go and see her sometime after that.

CityLights
21st December 2009, 03:16 PM
Oh thats great im sure everyone will give you hundreds to go look at, you have a decent buget already but with a little help from santa maybe even more,

Loony
21st December 2009, 03:46 PM
With Christmas and my wages I'm hoping to get back up to around 2.7k! Fingers crossed :o

chescar
21st December 2009, 03:48 PM
Will ask my YO if Liz has hunted Tia. She often takes new horses out with NECDH to see how they go.

Loony
21st December 2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks Jo :) x

Teej
21st December 2009, 09:59 PM
That's such good news, I've been dying for you to spend that 'horse fund' :D
...... on a horse ! :D

Loony
21st December 2009, 10:15 PM
Oooh no I don't think I've ever heard of them Soph, they're near though, huge thanks! About to check our your ads now.

She's lovely isn't she Jane! Thanks Tracey :)

Loony
21st December 2009, 10:24 PM
The first one reminded me of Phe for some reason! He's a gorgeous boy. Not much info on him, I wonder why he's cheap. He's only about a 40(ish) minutes drive away tho Soph!! Nice find, thank you :)

The 2nd is even closer and absolutely drop dead gorgeous! Depends if they're willing to negotiate price! (Here comes my amazing geography knowledge again, I thought Cheshire was about 1h 30mins away!?) My dad is saying he never knew St Helens was in Cheshire.. least I'm not the only one!

Loony
21st December 2009, 10:26 PM
Ohhhh Soph that TBxClyde is STUNNING. Oh my God. I want I want!!! Can't see the 2.5k one though.

Loony
21st December 2009, 10:34 PM
Sounds like they really want someone experienced and knowledgable for her though! A loving home she'd get, but not necessarily a 'professional' home. I couldn't do her schooling any justice! Not for a while at least.

Loony
21st December 2009, 10:55 PM
PMSL Soph!! I just nearly spat out my drink. Go grab your OH and get it out of your system girl :pmsl:

Hmm I don't know what it is, but I don't think I like his colour. He ACTUALLY looks ginger. And he looks like an ugly big brute in the headshot :o

I love chunky hunky horses, but I think its his neck that is just TOO big?? Not sure. Maybe it's cus his mane has been pulled to within an inch of it's life.

gem
21st December 2009, 11:09 PM
Ahh sorry I read that a couple of times and still came out thinking Mandi was talking about a stallion. I worry myself sometimes :rolleyes:

Tia's gorgeous!! I really like the other one on the pocket nook site too. Looks really honest. Really looking forward to lots of pics of the ones you go see!

Loony
21st December 2009, 11:38 PM
I loved him too gem, would prob look a lot smarter without his woolly bear suit!, but it said he'd never be a world beater or anything like that, and I wasn't really looking for a happy hacker or something I'd have to put a lot of work into :( shame really.

Loony
21st December 2009, 11:39 PM
I only just realised before that I need to sort out a stable! So not sure whether I could offer a quick sale or not.

& pssstt, there's no photos :lol:

Loony
21st December 2009, 11:43 PM
Is that what I need to search in google to find the photos? I'm not finding a website for it :(

Loony
21st December 2009, 11:58 PM
:lol: Its okay, I do things like that all the time!!

Loony
22nd December 2009, 12:00 AM
He looks nice but I couldn't justify spending that much money on something that looks like it hasn't done much schooling. I didn't really want to be bringing a horse on. Thanks for thinking of me though Mands! :)

Loony
22nd December 2009, 12:05 AM
Ooh right. Well if he's not gone by the time I've sorted out a stable, I'll PM you.

bimba
22nd December 2009, 07:46 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY, so excited for you!

Loony
22nd December 2009, 10:57 PM
:pmsl: :D :D :D

Susan
22nd December 2009, 11:16 PM
Ooh, how exciting! I will keep an eye out! Oh and just read the very last post, taking it out of context, but I am about 99% sure that St Helen's is in Merseyside! I remember stopping at it on the train coming from Liverpool to Manchester and surely if it was in Cheshire it would not be in that direction? LOL!

Loony
22nd December 2009, 11:25 PM
I googled mapped it and it said Merseyside aswell!! People don't even know where they're from nowadays???

gem
23rd December 2009, 12:23 AM
I think some people say Cheshire to sound posher :lol: It is very close to Cheshire though so some places might be classed as Cheshire? Either way, nearby!

chescar
23rd December 2009, 08:46 AM
Geography lesson Loony...
Wigan, Warrington and St Helens all border eachother.
Wigan/Lancashire
St Helens/Merseyside
Warrington/Cheshire
Where I live its closer to St Helens town center than wigan or warrington.
My postcode is Warrington/Cheshire but I pay my council tax to Wigan.

Work that one out!!! Very confusing.

If i'm feeling posh I say I live in cheshire (which i do according to my postal address)
Depending on who is doing better in the rugby league, I say I live in wigan (which I do as they are my council) or st Helens (which I do as its the nearest town)!

Loony
23rd December 2009, 04:34 PM
*mind boggles* :scared: :lol:

gem
24th December 2009, 01:03 AM
Not sure if these have already been brought up buuut...

Cheshire horse website

16.2 HH 8YS 3/4 TB 1/4 HOLSTEINER GELDING
15.2H IDxTB

These have no pics but:
15.2 All Rounder 7 Years Old
Fun Horse
15.2 hh Attractive Grey Gelding TBX , 11 years old
Midnight Jazz

Loony
24th December 2009, 12:39 PM
I do like the first one, had a look at him yesterday. Not sure about the 2nd.

The rest sound nice other than the grey gelding, it says he can be sharp which would probably shake me a bit. And the Midnight Jazz one is too small really.

Craaaapppp fiddlesticks toss. I forgot to tell Ryders to get me down for a stable last night! Will have to do it next week.

injioho
28th December 2009, 05:08 PM
ooh loony! im so excited for you! bet you can't wait!!!! xx

gem
28th December 2009, 05:30 PM
Just give them a ring. I'm sure my absolute best mate would stick you on the list. If you're lucky, she might even threated to 'smash your effing face in' :pmsl:

injioho
28th December 2009, 05:34 PM
Noticed one you were looking at is from abbeyglenn stables. If im being honest i wouldn't waste your time with them. I went with a friend and it's an awful yard. Horses are all quite skinny and the condition of the place in general is terrible. Not very nice people either x

Loony
28th December 2009, 05:51 PM
Which horse is that injioho? Have heard they have a bad reputation.

Gem I'll do it when I go on Wednesday, I already put my name down quite a few months ago and I think its either been took off or there's a note next to it or something, will be better trying to explain myself and my situation face to face! :lol:

Zeitgeist Mom
28th December 2009, 06:42 PM
Noticed one you were looking at is from abbeyglenn stables. If im being honest i wouldn't waste your time with them. I went with a friend and it's an awful yard. Horses are all quite skinny and the condition of the place in general is terrible. Not very nice people either x

That name rings a bell. Isn't it the same place that was advertising the little cheap 14.3hh that Rhea posted about?

injioho
29th December 2009, 11:57 AM
HM946K443

One that you picked out from Abbeyglenn x

Biddy
29th December 2009, 08:22 PM
I have a nice TB with plenty of bone, done pre-novice, looking for a loving home.......
I wouldn't be too put off by lower prices at the moment - with the recession, less people are buying, and therefore it's a buyers market - people needing a quick sale for whatever reason are dropping prices, and therefore everyone is dropping prices to have a chance of selling. It's a good time to buy - there are some lovely horses round this area for sale for half what they would have been a year ago.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh18/Bridget-a/boy.jpg

Loony
30th December 2009, 01:55 AM
Certainly is a buyer's market, especially now, since nobody wants to buy a horse in the winter! Its all dark nights, no riding, plenty of mud, and snotty, cold noses :lol: Aaahh I can't wait!

Biddy if you could PM me more details, as detailed as you like!, that'd be fab :) x

Loony
6th January 2010, 11:35 PM
:D eeeeeee! merci mrs!

amandaxx1
7th January 2010, 03:38 PM
Oooh Im excited for you, cant wait to see what you get!!

Jane7
11th January 2010, 01:31 PM
Hey!

I was looking for a horse a couple of months ago and did some research... I ended up buying him over the internet. Crazy? He's absolutely gorgeous and I don't regret it at all:) Anyway...they also have a few "good-looking" horses from around the Midlands area, so if you want to take a look: Horses for Sale (http://www.equigaia.co.uk)

Hope it's of any help and good luck! :)

Jane

Loony
11th January 2010, 06:27 PM
:pmsl: Sorry Jane you type like an automated virus!! I was so skeptical about whether to click on that link then! :pmsl:

Thank you! Will have a look around. Never seen this site before.

zoes87
12th January 2010, 01:52 PM
will give me an excuse to look! :P (as if i needed one!!)

but pmsl at the lady in pink in biddys pic - her mouths on the floor!

Teej
13th January 2010, 05:29 PM
I love the TB in Biddys post...... just my type :)

Loony
13th January 2010, 10:52 PM
I love the TB in Biddys post...... just my type :)

We exchanged a few PMs but sadly she is too far away and I think he might be a bit too much for me, and I'd hate to lose my little shreds of confidence! :lol:

Teej
13th January 2010, 10:55 PM
Just wait until you find the right horse.....you'll be amazed at how your confidence will soar :)

Loony
13th January 2010, 11:14 PM
Yeah absolutely :) I can't wait to work on my riding properly too!

And I think I owe you a thanks.. was it you who told me about the hips turning in when you're on the right diagonal?? I use it ALL the time now!! x

gem
14th January 2010, 12:22 PM
HM949H18H - could be a bit nutty if it's an eventer :)

HM948DG08 - pics not great but could be a lovely horse

zoes87
14th January 2010, 03:42 PM
By the way - sorry if these are too far away/completely wrong area - not sure what classes as north west/north east so am using horsemart filters! :lol:

HM949K2E9 - more than you're looking for price wise but could maybe knock them down
HM948CC7G - no pics but sounds nice
HM950MH89 - maybe a bit fine?
HM949IC59 - comes complete with video!
HM942G4DC - no price
HM950NC9H - ? price mistake but if biting is his only vice (which can be dealt with) then absolute bargain!!!
HM950M106
HM949JDE5
HM946L30E

And just lastly, completely unsuitable due to not being able to jump anymore due to navicular but how stunning!??!! HM949HBH1

Loony
14th January 2010, 04:43 PM
I really like those two gem, especially the 2nd. Have saved them both, thank you!! x

About to start on yours now zoe :lol:

Loony
14th January 2010, 04:55 PM
zoe I'll have 3000 on Tuesday anyway :D. The 1st one is nice, perhaps too green for what I'm after, but something to consider. Could be a bit too far away.

Have saved the 2nd although not sure whether 17hh would be a bit big for my confidence!

3rd doesn't look too fine to me, its the windsucking that puts me off, and she doesn't look very well schooled either.

4th sounds like too much work, having to get her fit again.

5th, I'm very wary about dealers. I'll save him because he looks stunning though.

6th again is too much work. I have 3k so I can easily afford to have something ready made! Probably isn't a price mistake, it's most likely dangerous to handle.

7th doesn't scream out anything special but I've saved her.

8th probably isn't anything special for only 1000?? Its probably an ex racer than hasn't even been re-schooled. Come on, I'm not afraid to spend my money :lol:

9th isn't appealing to me, I don't want a horse with vices either.

The last is lovely too, although that galloping pic is odd :lol:, what a shame!

zoes87
14th January 2010, 06:27 PM
lol, sorry, i was just bringing up everything under 3000 - most of the things i saw were like 3500 +, i was shocked!!!

As for number 2, i wouldn't be put of by the size, monts is 17.1hh & is seriously the best confidence giver ever (99% of the time!) so i think with big horses it really depends on their temperment, i think more so than any other horse due to their size, they can either be really gentle or they will use their size against you!

Will go have a look on a few other websites for you! :) I like looking with a purpose as oppose to just dreaming! lol

Zeitgeist Mom
20th January 2010, 08:04 AM
I always feel so much more secure on a really big horse. The only thing I don't like about Kita is that she is a bit small, and I don't feel very secure on small horses :lol:

zoes87
20th January 2010, 04:43 PM
I always feel so much more secure on a really big horse. The only thing I don't like about Kita is that she is a bit small, and I don't feel very secure on small horses :lol:

I'm totally the same!! At my last yard Monts was the 2nd smallest there - which at 17.1hh isnt a common thing!! :lol: but i was happier riding the 18.3hh than most 14.2hh (or similar) horses/ponies!!