PDA

View Full Version : Bailey's bloodlines - in case you're interested lol!

CDR
12th September 2009, 10:00 PM
Just looking at Bailey's passport. If anyone is really into bloodlines etc you might be interested. Or maybe someone knows more about his parents?

Boleslav (USA) 5 March 2000
by Polish Precedent (USA)
out of True Glory (IRE)
Grandsire In the Wings (GB)
Breeder Darley Stud Management LLC

There's also a stamp near the back that says "The Jockey Club (USA) certifies that this horse was sent to IRE on 7/6/01" - so it seems he's lived in the US, Ireland and England! No wonder he travelled OK in the box, he's used to moving around!

The passport is gold in colour - they're not normally are they? I guess American ones are.

Teej
12th September 2009, 11:06 PM
Chip's is Gold too and he was born in the UK :) .

I know Darley stud but don't know his breeding but will google them for a look. It's exciting knowing their bloodlines isn't it!

helena
13th September 2009, 07:09 AM
If you go on 'allbreedpedigree' on the internet you will likely be able to trace him right back to one of the original 3 founder stallions of TB's. It's a really good website with quite a few pictures and info on races that the horses won. I love looking at bloodlines, think it's really interesting.

sparkey
13th September 2009, 09:54 AM
That's cool. Did you buy him from the Darley rehoming place? There were pics of In the Wings everywhere at the Darley stud that I worked on during the summer.

CDR
13th September 2009, 09:57 AM
No I didn't buy him from there, he's had 2 owners in between there and me, he's 9 now. In the Wings must have been good then!! There had to be something that made him worth 250,000 when he was sold as a colt!!

Thanks Helena, I'll go on there and have a look one day.

Loosey
14th September 2009, 01:32 AM
If you look up his name on racing post there might even be some old videos of him racing!! You pay about 25p to view them I think!

torgrosset
14th September 2009, 11:39 AM
Is it a Wetherby's passport? Probably not if he was bred in USA?! Anyway, all Wetherby's passports have different coloured covers - I've had several TB's in my years and each one has had a different coloured passport.

CDR
14th September 2009, 08:19 PM
He never actually raced Loosey, he was bred for racing but didn't have it in him!

No not a Wetherby's passport.

Loony
15th September 2009, 01:57 AM
I bet it's fab knowing where he came from!

CDR
15th September 2009, 01:40 PM
Yes it's nice to know!

nuttymare
19th September 2009, 11:33 PM
You might like to look at the racing post website - you can search for a horse. I've just searched for In the Wings, and its quite interesting!!!
Yes, lovely knowing horsey histories. My mare's Grandsire is Nijinsky and I still can't quite believe it!!