PDA

View Full Version : Whats He Worth

CityLights
22nd December 2009, 09:33 PM
Dont know how many of you know but Ollie isnt mine and i would veyr much like to buy him btu as he isnt on loan with a view to buy im not sure if i could, what do you think he would be worth though should it ever become an option?

16.3 Branded Trakkehner Gedling, Pink Papers, 14 next year.

Has won BSJA money but hasnt jumped for at least two years, with his owner he is apparently schooling medium, im probably schooling a solid elementary level on him, has im told 135BD points, (any kind person with a BD number want to check on him for me would be super greatfull he is called Etoile 42)

Impreccablly mannered on the ground and at shows, hacks realtively well, can be a bit iffy but nothing majour, just decides he wont go any further has a little strop and gives up but nothing like buckign rearing and being very naugthy,

but windsucks and weaves sometimes he does it less and less sometimes he is really bad doesnt seem to be any different with reguards to feed work or turnout

helena
23rd December 2009, 06:43 AM
That's quite a difficult one. As he's a gelding, breeding is largely irrelevant as you can't breed from him, it's only what he can do that matters.

His age is going to start going against him, as he'll be 15 next year so wouldn't have many high level competing years left in him.

The fact that he's a windsucker, even if not severe means that legally he cannot be sold as a sound horse.

If you look at this one on horsemart it is a similar type, but viceless, younger and a mare therefore worth much more, and is priced at 3750, HM94782C8
So I'd say about 1/2 that, max 2k.

CityLights
23rd December 2009, 10:52 AM
my boss thought around the 3500 to offer her as he isnt actually for sale that way im offering a little more to make it attarctive to her to sell him, im not sure how much she paid for him but she took out a loan for 5000 two years ago,

casper_cb
23rd December 2009, 11:19 AM
Hi, I'd say an owner could ask anything up to 5000 providing he is sound and not showing his age in the slightest, i.e. no signs of arthritc change/ stiffness and still competiting at dressage and being competitve. (I went on the BD and found no record of a horse under that name, I also just typed in Etoile, a few horses came up but none with over 80 points. Maybe he's registered under a different name, I can search under the riders name too if you want to PM it to me.)

I think however that due to weaving and windsucking, (windsucking/ weaving in my opinion can result in premature ageing of a horses due to the strain of them rocking back and forth on their joints) asking up to 3500 would be fair.

Found his BSJA record. You'll need to give them a call to see what he's won and in which classes.

Name Number Grade Colour Age Status Height Gender
ETOILE 42 328700 C LIVER CHESTNUT 13 (est.) 167.6 G

CityLights
23rd December 2009, 11:44 AM
thanks for that casper, he should have more than eighty though as he was imported at seven and they automatically go in with a vertain number of points, i think enough to make them elementary horses,

casper_cb
23rd December 2009, 12:14 PM
I've found him, not sure why he didn't come up first time I ran the search. Indeed he's got 135 points. Did lots up to mid 2005, then nothing for 3 years and back to dressage end of 2008 and done two FSERQ this year. He's had some success at Elementary. All those ponts are won, there are not for him being imported, not sure how the previous owner got round that one but she did. (He'd have been allocated 260 points)

You're right he will now have to compete at elementary, however if you were to buy him you can pay 60 to have him downgraded to either having 75 points or 100 points making you eligable for competing at Novice. (assuming your a group 7 rider) Dressage is soooo confusing!

I think he looks lovely. The problem is if the owners not wanting to sell she could ask silly money. But I still think 3,500 would be fair and having seen his dressage record possibly nearing 4,000.

CityLights
23rd December 2009, 12:22 PM
thats great thanks casper, he might not of gotten import points becasue he wasnt imported to do dressage and they just might of not known about that rule, thats good though, also means i have a little longer in elementary

amandaco
23rd December 2009, 02:51 PM
he is still in novice points on points earned
imported horses get 260 points aged 7. if you dont have proof of his age at importation then im afraid he gets points at age of registration, which for a horse over 10 is 450. although as he is already registered, they can take it from his age then..
his age and vices put his price down, as does his recent lack of comp record.
i would say 3-4k if he is nicely made.

CityLights
23rd December 2009, 03:44 PM
he isnt in novie points 124 is the top bracekt for novice horses then 199 for elementary,

amandaco
23rd December 2009, 08:19 PM
opps read that as 114 points for some reason!