PDA

View Full Version : Bella has landed!

Loosey
13th September 2009, 11:56 PM
Thought I'd paste this here as Bella is now home! It took us 10 hours to get there and 8 to get back - she was a star!!

She hasn't been very well cared for - lady said her feet were done 5 weeks ago - I'd be suprised if she'd seen the farrier within the last 6 - 8 months (seriously!!).

Her feathers are probably going to need to come off as she's really itchy under them - there's a massive build up of old crusty scabs under them and they're really greasy. With a lot of scrubbing and cleaning and brushing and feeding I think she'll be a lovely horse.

We rocked up at her field, tacked her up and I got on for a short ride (she hadn't been ridden for 5 weeks and has only been sat on 12 times since she was bropken last year).

My other half and her pwner walk up the pavement while I took up into a housing estate (!!!!!) She was as quiet as a mouse -= the most scary thing wasn't the trains or the cars or the kids or the bikes - it was obviously the drains!

Folling that ordeal she was then budled into a horse box which she stayed in for 8 hours, randomly having two people she had never seen before opening thew door to provide water/carrots etc, then got out and was stuck in the field with 3 strange horses!

She's been through a bit of an ordeal and has taken everything in her stride. She has a lovely temperament.

She's very very green - she doesn;t understand what it means when you apply your leg but she's spot on on voice commands and stood/walked on instantly for me when I rode her.

She's need lots of love as was previously one of 40 horses who only saw her owner when it was food time. I groomed her today andf she spent the whole time groaning in pleasure!!

Negotiated a loan term of 6 months as I'm concerned about a "wart" on her chest - I think it may be a sarcoid although owner states it;s been there 4 years and has never changed - apparantly vet says ok but we have written in contract that if this (and a very small dimple on inner thigh which looks like a tick but isn't) turns out to be a sarcoid we will knock 800 off of asking price.

Currently fairly happy - she's very respectful for a smidge under 18hh!!

Sorry that weas so long! pictures to follow!

Teej
14th September 2009, 12:18 AM
Aww, she sounds lovely and I'm so pleased you have her. It sounds like she will get all the love, attention and care that she needs.

Can't wait to see pics :)

Loony
14th September 2009, 12:19 AM
She sounds really sweet!! Bless her loving all the attention :) can't wait for pictures.

My Crazy Clan
14th September 2009, 11:30 AM
greatr news, can't wait to see her.

flipper
14th September 2009, 01:38 PM
She sounds lovely. Hurry up with the pictures. lol!

banjo
14th September 2009, 03:07 PM
glad you arrived safely, a long old journey.
Hope you have some ladders to climb aboard she is enormous:eek:
Hope she enjoys all the TLC

Susie
14th September 2009, 09:55 PM
She sounds a gem, but ..... where's the photos? (drums fingers ...:cheekywink: )

Susie

Loosey
15th September 2009, 11:31 PM
I'm having so much fun with her I keep forgetting to take them!! Will def do some tomorrow!!!