PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use bedmax bedding?

arablover
14th September 2009, 01:00 PM
Anyone on bedmax because i am on it and i am getting through 3 bags a week. anyone else getting through a lot?

CityLights
14th September 2009, 02:21 PM
I found i had to use a lot i hate the stuff it just doesnt seem as absorbant as the smaller flaked bedding but i think if you have really deep beds its probably ok, i know some people use it and love it

casper_cb
14th September 2009, 02:42 PM
I thought it was super. John could not be on straw as it was too dusty when he had his open wound and shavings would dissapear inside him, bedmax was perfect.

He was in a 12x12, we used 3 bales to make up the initial bed. John had to be stabled 24 hours a day, we poo picked every 3 or so hours during the day and topped up his water. Every evening and morning we removed all the wet and rotated the whole bed. He only needed a sprinkling of clean every morning, we never went through more than a bale and a week. However now his wound is healed he's back on straw - far cheaper.

K8E
14th September 2009, 02:43 PM
I used to use it. I had to us a lot and it wasnt very absorbent.

I personally prefer smaller flaked bedding but i also know people who use it and really like it.

claire777
14th September 2009, 02:45 PM
I had to use it last year for a few weeks because the local shavings place was sold out and it cost me a god damn fortune. Nice enough bedding but not absorbant at all. I went back to Shavings as soon as I could!

honeybee
14th September 2009, 03:15 PM
We use bedmax mixed with snowflake supreme on ours, works quite well but they all have a thick bed on rubber mats.

loubylou
16th September 2009, 03:25 PM
I was looking into bedmax as have heard good things about it- how is it different from shavings?

smellycat
16th September 2009, 03:52 PM
i use it but i dont like it, i just use it cos its so much cheaper than other shavings.

Lady Jane
14th October 2009, 10:58 AM
I use rubber matting that I got from stable-mats. I find it a lot easier to use and to keep clean. I think its also nicer for Ellie to have under her feet.

I use it with a small amount of shavings so it works out a lot cheaper.

Jane

XxFudgexX
14th October 2009, 05:05 PM
The 'know it all' that keeps there horse at my sisters told me they were going to use shavings this winter as you dont need many and it will work out cheaper!!! I told him we only pay 1.00 for straw and use a bale a week so you cant get mush cheaper, went today and noticed they have got 10 bags of bedmax, now i have no idea how much it costs but will be interested to see how much they use over winter.

CityLights
14th October 2009, 06:03 PM
i use it but i dont like it, i just use it cos its so much cheaper than other shavings.

really! its almost twice what i pay for minimal dust here