PDA

View Full Version : What would you pay for this pony if she was up for sale, much help needed in prep...?

hev1994
10th January 2010, 01:46 PM
I am hoping to sell her in the spring/summer and I wouldn't know how much to put her up for. I am just wondering if you have any ideas for me... thanks.

Description:
She is a 8yo, 13.2 New Forest mare.
Her favourite thing is to jump, she is a little jumping machine!! She has jumped up to a 3ft6 single fence with me and that was easy for her. She completes 3ft tracks easy peasy with scope to go higher and has qualified for the Winter League finals at Cricklands. She is placed in pretty much every event we put her into, coming 1st to 6th. She rarely knocks poles or refuses as she is very honest.
She is not just a one-trick pony as she performs on the flat beautifully aswelll, has some lovely paces and accepts the bit nicely too. Also lots of fun yet safe out XC, jumping pre-novice fences currently, could go higher I reckon just I am not that keen on XC myself.
In the summeer she has my 11yo Autistic brother on her no touble, she really looks after him however she is not really a novice ride as she can get rather full of herself on occasions.
She is hacking currently alone or in company.
Very friendly lovable pony who I have just grown out of completely.
Good to shoe, vet, clip ect.
The only downside is that she does have sweeitch, it is very mild though and can be controled with ease.

(she isn't actually up for sale yet, I am just wondering how much she is worth however I will miss her lots as she is truly part of the family so right home more important!!)

Tiaki
10th January 2010, 01:54 PM
Is she registered NF? What are her bloodlines?

If you were to be selling her at the moment, I would say 1k tops. Depending on how the "recession" changes for the spring, I would say in the spring/summer 1.5k tops.

Horses really are not selling at the moment and it is a true buyers market. Buyers can pick up total bargains of real been there done that horses with a great track record for very little money indeed. The fact your mare has sweetitch, even if only mild will knock her price right down and put a lot of people off. If you do decide to sell her, I think your best bet would be to try and sell through the Pony Club or similar. Parents are seeming to still pay good money for a safe ride for their children.

xxx

helena
10th January 2010, 01:58 PM
Would agree with putting her for sale through pony club, you'd probably get about 2k for her there I should think, depending on what area you are in.

CityLights
10th January 2010, 02:25 PM
If you got her out and about maybe for a few months doing some pony club with a good little jockey you might be able to sell her really easily to a BSJA or Pony club home, if she started to do some BSJA and did well she could be a 4000 pony maybe more if she did do veyr well and got up the ranks quickly, without doing any BSJA as something that has potential to i would say maybe 3000

Loony
10th January 2010, 05:26 PM
I think 1k is far too low! I reckon you could get 2.5k for her. The only issue you'll find is finding a child who is a good enough rider for her and who will take her jumping big fences. I think you might struggle finding a small adult for her.

My Crazy Clan
10th January 2010, 05:34 PM
I think about 2000-2500, she sounds like a really super pony, that would be perfect for a small adult, I don't think sweetitch is too much of a big deal.

hev1994
10th January 2010, 05:34 PM
Yeh, I deffinately want more than 1000 for her :S
I am kinda looking for someone like me really but who is happy with a pony of that size. I don't know really, I would have to wait and see what happens :]
Thanks fr the help x

Anni~Bell
10th January 2010, 06:12 PM
Definatly advertise through pony club as you'll find someone who wants to start doing Junior BSJA and she sounds like the perfect pony for that!
Definatly not 1k, yes the climate is bad at the minute but you can defianatly get at least 2,000 - 2,500 for her :)

Welly
11th January 2010, 12:48 PM
She sounds like a dream! I guess without the sweetitch I'd be expecting to see around the 2.5 - 3k mark.. xx

beks the artist
11th January 2010, 12:54 PM
Definatley put her up for 3495.00 and if she hasn't sold within 2 months drop to 2995.00 - She sounds like a compete dream! If only she was 14.2... ;) Good luck!

hev1994
11th January 2010, 11:21 PM
yeh, if nly she ws 14.2 then I'd be keeping her lol. and thankyou xx

Poppy and Harmony
11th January 2010, 11:25 PM
She sounds lovely, I have a NF myself!

Here atm, I would expect her to make between 2000 and 2500 if sold through pony club

Stacey
12th January 2010, 12:46 PM
I sold my registered NF who had no health problems and 14.1 for 2250, so i would say 1800 for her

x

GreyEventer
19th January 2010, 09:03 PM
I think 1k for that is for too low.
I sold my 13.2hh 13 y/o for 3k! and he had a stop in him, although hunted, played polo, jumped very well- more of a boys pony and the people we sold him to we found through the pony club, dad is a bloodstock agent so obviously saw something in the fat pone!
I agree that although climate is not great, 1k is too low- thats the sort of price where people think hang on, theres something more wrong with it, especially if getting placed reguarly!
I was very very worried about selling said pony ^^^ but, the people we did sell him to are the most lovely people- 2 years on i get regular emails about him and also through the pony club you can get references etc. from DCs, field masters etc. etc.
Good luck- sounds a nice pony! :)