PDA

View Full Version : Horse hair to find out info ?

Horsey♥
12th January 2010, 07:22 PM
hello.
i heard today that you can send a clipping of your horses hair to someone which will then tell you what is a matter with your horse, background info, horses feelings..

has anyone ever had this done? i would love to do this for the beniefit of my horse and to find out any background info and her feelings.

sounds mad.. but i heard it is true?

any info about this or does anyone know anyone that does this ? x

CityLights
12th January 2010, 07:43 PM
Think thats bull, im really secptical about all these 'equine communicators' rubbish and cetainly dont see what they could find out from hair

Horsey♥
12th January 2010, 09:56 PM
i dont undertsnad itt but the person i no who has had it done, said it was very good, and that the horse was sayin it couldnt understand the language she was speaking and to talk slow, this horse had just been imported freom germany. but tha horse hair women didnt know?

scewae
13th January 2010, 10:09 AM
Umm..................
My friend sent off a sample of horse hair to a lady and a picture, didn't mention anything about him. She then rang my friend and was spot on with everything she said. The horse suffers from ring bone and a rare coronary band disorder which the lady picked up on.

vels mum
13th January 2010, 11:22 AM
Gosh your a sceptical lot :lol:
I gave a hair sample of Vels when he was ill so a lady could make up a homopathy remedy for him, she got from the hair sample that he had a respitory problem and needed a soothing medicine for his osophagus. (He had choke but she or I didnt know that at the time).
Just because we dont understand things like this doesnt mean they are Bull S**t. I am much more open minded after the homopathy incident with Vel and the horse comunicator with Turk.
If its not too expensive and you are interested to hear the outcome id go for it!

chance encounter
13th January 2010, 12:01 PM
Well as BCE is doing forensics and has asked for hair samples previously from horse owners which she does need more if anyone wants to provide some, you can tell quite a lot from the hair samples allergies and everything.

scewae
13th January 2010, 03:59 PM
Interesting, yes i agree there are alot of con artists out there, but how come the lady my friend used was able to 'communicate' to her horse and be spot on with my firends horse?
Obviously she didn't actually say the horse had ring bone but she did confirm about an ailement on the correct leg. She also did a reading on my friends other horse who had COPD and again confirmed the horse had breathing problems. My friend has never met this woman nor did she give her any information regarding health problems.

The photo's my friend sent were a head shot only, so no visible ill health could be seen such as a heave line ect.

Zeitgeist Mom
13th January 2010, 04:53 PM
:lol: I used to have a friend who went to a horse homeopath for this. When my horse was very ill in desperation I tried it. Apparently you can take a lock of hair, and they can use the same hair all their lives - even for future ailments as it will always contain the horse's energy. :rolleyes: Of course she didn't help him, and in the end I had to have him PTS. Whenever my friend went to her after he died, I would tell her to ask how Henry was. Just wanted to know if she would be able to tell if he was dead :lol: My friend never had the guts to ask though!

The Little Magician
13th January 2010, 06:11 PM
I would say go for it, I was very sceptical about animal comunicators. I always thought it was abit like reading your horoscope, ie you can read vague things and it would right for about 90% of the people in that star sign, obviously some more than others.

When Littleman was really ill, (he was nearly put down because he was starting to show signs of becoming allergic to the grass in his feild!) the vet had done so many tests on him we could not find out what was causing him to swell up all over his body, even on exclussion diets.:confused:

I finally contacted a lady called Julie Dicker by letter, I basically said who I was and that I had owned LM for 2 years and that he was poorly and the vets dont know whats wrong, I also said that I didnt know if I believed that she could talk to them, but if she can hopefully LM will know what is wrong, and can you tell him I love him. Not much more than that really. I enclosed some tail hair, as my friend told me too.

I did wait for over a month for her to get back to me (but I did find out later that she was going through cancer treatment when she contacted me).

Really bizzarely, I had just given LM his tea when she phoned and I was stood in the yard talking to her, LM left his tea, stood at his door and was nodding frantically everytime she said something very true to him. Lm doesnt stop his tea for just anyone................not even me!

What she said amazed me, and I wrote it all down.:D
She said he said 'I know eating the buttercups make my skin sore, but I do because it makes my belly better' BINGO, from that comment we knew how to treat him, to get him better. And it wasnt a case of dont let him eat them. We had to sort out his leaky gut.

he also said 'I like to do XC, but I cant see the fences very well, thats why I always stop at the first one, then I know whats happening and I am happy to continue' He has always put in a nasty stop at the first fence of all XC we have done, which usually result in the rider ending up on the deck!:lol:

he also said 'he knows he is very grouchy (she said like Victor Meldrew) but his skin is really sore, and he knows I love him loads, and he really cares for me' (He didnt say he loves me:()

She also went through his general health, and was spot on.
He had his poll axis out (which he did when he tried to hang himself in the trailer!:rolleyes:), he was sore on his right shoulder, out in his back just behind the saddle (she did say a vertabrae), he was also out in his right hind pelvis area and 'left leg short' (a term used by physiotherapists). So I got a physio therapist out, told her that Julie had said he needed to see one, and nothing else, she was absolutely spot on with her reading.

There was quite alot of other things she mentioned which were to his quirky character.

The only thing she was wrong with was her list of what she said LM wanted to eat! All expensive foods, which sent him loopy, but to be honest, it wouldnt surprise me if LM was actually lying about that part!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

scewae
13th January 2010, 06:12 PM
lol ZM!
All i shall say then is this particular communicator must be very good at 'guessing' a horses ailments! Lol!

scewae
13th January 2010, 06:14 PM
Sadly Julie Dicker died from Cancer a few years back, her books make interesting reading.

The Little Magician
13th January 2010, 06:22 PM
Yes I know, it wasnt long after she did LM. I have since read her books too, very good.

Horsey♥
16th January 2010, 12:37 AM
thanks for all the information and the stories you have all told me are facinating,

does anyone have any reccomendations ?
or any contact details of a genuine communicator ? x

scewae
16th January 2010, 09:41 PM
Will get the details of the lady my friend used and PM you.

helena
16th January 2010, 10:09 PM
Its a load of bull. I think there are some people who have a special connection with horses. But to get it from a piece of hair, I don't think so.

Horsey♥
16th January 2010, 11:38 PM
Thanks scewae i appreciate that alot.
and everyone has there own opinions on this, and i belive in it :) x

casper_cb
20th January 2010, 10:27 PM
I've heard of it being called "equine black box" a friend suggested I try it with Basil, they knew someone that did it. I never did. I've tried googling equine black box and it doesnt not come up with anything so guessing it's just a name that the person made up for examining the hair.

But yes I've heard of it and personally if it does not cost more than a vet call out I'd say go for it. Having had a horse whisperer, Ann Dee, (you can google her) speak to Basil down my phone and get a good response and know things that were not just lucky guesses and I'd not prompted her one bit was pretty unreal!! There's something to it.

I don't beleive everything can be explained and I think it would be pretty sad if everything could be.

Tarka the horse
22nd January 2010, 02:14 AM
Jeez you are all very sceptic!!

I'm not going ot say anything about the hair thing but just to comment on something a few of you have said regarding animal communication... It's something I'm learning at the moment and to the people who said it didn't tell you what was wrong with you horses, what do you expect? The horse to know that it has a strained check ligament? The horse to know that it has renal problems? That's like the doctor expecting you to know what's wrong with you when you go for an appointment. When you're sick, your words would be "I have a pain in my side", or "the front of my leg hurts"....why do you expect the horse to know more than you?? They're simple animals with essentially simple needs - survive. We can only ever know what they know....and that is simply where the pain is.

Tarka the horse
22nd January 2010, 03:04 AM
Oh ok. Sorry! It wasn't just you though!