PDA

View Full Version : Great "feed bin" find from Ikea

Aeia
13th January 2010, 11:30 PM
Just been buying what I need for Neo's move to his new yard. Knew current yard owner uses some recycling bins to store feed in but they didn't seem that big. Had a look at Ikea's website and found a brilliant bin for feed. Go to the Ikea website and search for Sortera. The large 60l bin is perfect, bought 3 and they will fit in a full 20kg bag of mix and you can stack them. I've got 1 for mix, 1 for quick beet and put some chaff in the other one. Can only get about 1/3 of a 20kg chaff bag in but then again you need a huge normal bin for chaff!

The only downside I can see is the flap is a bit small for getting a big round scoop in but should be fine with the more shovel shaped scoops.

Andrea:)

loubylou
13th January 2010, 11:42 PM
oooh they look handy! Just had a look!

Roo
13th January 2010, 11:58 PM
I need a bin for my feed its anoying that I have a big round scoop
- broken freezers are always good as the rats can not get in at all (in my dads experience)

Aeia
14th January 2010, 08:45 PM
I would probably of gone with a big bin if there was more room in the feed room. New yard has a lovely clean tidy feed room but there's not much space left in it so these are ideal. May get 1 big bin for my chaff tho.

The Little Magician
14th January 2010, 09:02 PM
Wow they look ideal if you are lacking space.

vels mum
14th January 2010, 09:30 PM
Do they fit a full bag of feed?
I have bins which are good enough but need something to hold my chaff, I can only fit half a bag in at a time :(

Aeia
16th January 2010, 12:32 AM
They'll fit a full 20kg bag of hard feed like a pasture mix in but not a 20kg bag of chaff. I think the only thing you can get a full bag of chaff in is a very big dustbin.