PDA

View Full Version : Why does he lick me?

Susie
14th January 2010, 10:50 PM
Here's a question for all the behaviour experts out there - if I am bending over in the stable poo picking and my bare back is exposed Seamus loves to lick my back LOL. He really seems to enjoy it and is very gentle;) Is it a grooming thing, and does it mean he really really loves his mummy?

vels mum
14th January 2010, 10:58 PM
Ditto BC, Turk licks my hand, he gets his toungue right inbetween my fingers.....I think its a salt thing even though he has a salt lick :rolleyes:

spirit
14th January 2010, 11:19 PM
yeah, horses like dogs love the taste of salt. nothing to worry about as long as theres no nipping!

Susie
14th January 2010, 11:44 PM
So I'm only a convenient salt lick! Ah well, I think he loves his mummy anyway, he knows where his food comes from and boy does he love his food!

Thanks all!

bimba
15th January 2010, 01:50 AM
Mac licks me, I think it's partly a salt thing but when it was really cold and I had gloves on he still licked me when so there must be something else to it too! TJ has started doing it a bit too, sadly he gets a bit carried away!

Zeitgeist Mom
15th January 2010, 08:53 AM
Louis used to lick my front when I was breastfeeding. (Not literaally WHILE I was breastfeeding, but during that time in my life :lol:) I think he could smell the milk :sick:

I'm sure you're more than just a salt lick to your boy ;)

My Crazy Clan
15th January 2010, 01:11 PM
Salt, sisco is made for this, face, hands what ever he can get his tongue on!

Susie
15th January 2010, 06:33 PM
LOL thanks everyone, glad its not a mutual thing, I WONT be licking him back:D

Roan Mare
19th January 2010, 07:35 PM
Dor licks me too. I've always taken it to be a salt thing as although she does it all year round she does it much more enthusiastically when the weathers been hot :cool:

CityLights
20th January 2010, 05:21 PM
hes just odd anf reindly kizzie licks me all the time she is well minging she also licks your feet your bum your legs and will lick your face if your bent over

WeeB
27th January 2010, 09:56 AM
B tickles my back when I'm picking his feet out. He puts his muzzle really close so his whiskers tickle me! He also sometimes just puts his nose on my back - like he's giving me a kiss. I've never thought about it, but thinking about it now, its prob him trying to assert his domanance, treating me like a foal! lol! Luckily he sometimes likes to be treated like a foal too so were on an equal pegging!