PDA

View Full Version : Mucking out tools

micki
15th January 2010, 01:00 PM
My 7 year old daughter wants to help me muck out and muck pick the fields. She is desperate to show us that she can look after a pony. My mucking out tools are too big for her to use. Does anyone know where i can get smaller forks, shovels and wheelbarrows from so she can help me. She wants a pony that we know of as she adore her but has to look after her herself if she has her.

CityLights
15th January 2010, 01:47 PM
i dont know if they will be small enough but i have a shorter handled blue and yellow fork a bursh would be quite easy they arent pricey so your could just shroten the handle, not sure about shovels or barrows though

Belle
15th January 2010, 07:53 PM
Robinsons do a childrens range of tools - got my Goddaughter a fork last year :D

cocopops
15th January 2010, 10:16 PM
Futurefork do a kids shavings forks along side there adult range, they are really light weight but very hardy stilll, much prefer them to traditional shavings forks. Really save my back!
Brooms and shovel i would have a look at garden centres, they often do tings for kids, if not tesco do little stiff brooms and im sure you could shortern the handle easily.

Bay Chaos
15th January 2010, 10:42 PM
Finafork ?? not sure if I've spelt that right, do a junior shavings fork that is really good. For a broom, how about chopping the handle off one?, also muck skips come in a shorter size I seem to remember. Not so sure about the wheelbarrow.....

bimba
15th January 2010, 11:14 PM
I'm pretty sure they do poop scoops with shorter handles, also if you buy tools which come as seperate heads with wooden handles you could cut the handles in half and sand the ends for her.

CDR
15th January 2010, 11:17 PM
We got a child size brush and spade from a garden centre.