PDA

View Full Version : Tia is a members old horse!

Loony
17th January 2010, 02:01 AM
Tia is caz's old horse! Oh my god!

gem
17th January 2010, 02:08 AM
I knew I recognised her!! :lol: Ahh I've always wanted one of her horses, this could be your chance!!

Evening Star
17th January 2010, 02:13 AM
oh i loooved her! how excitiing!

Mungo Madness
17th January 2010, 02:22 AM
Wow what are the chances of that! :lol:

Anni~Bell
17th January 2010, 09:10 AM
What a small world!!

nic
17th January 2010, 10:15 AM
:scared:even more jealous if you do get her!

And duh!! why didnt I see that??!! lol:lol:

Zeitgeist Mom
17th January 2010, 10:54 AM
Caz will be gutted to hear she was sold on and is already up for sale again. She is lovely, have you been to see her yet?

casper_cb
17th January 2010, 11:20 AM
Who/ where/ what have I missed?!
I posted about the disgustingness of the girl I sold her too, more for the other pony she sold with Tia. http://www.equine-world.co.uk/horse-forums/showthread.php?t=3752 Tia went to a dealer who I was aware was going to sell her on. The dealer phoned me to make sure Tia was not stolen as I was the last owner recorded in the passport. It turned out the dealer lived only just down the road where Tia was originally broken as a youngster. I'd seen she'd advertised her on Youtube as a horse for sale on her video page.

All I can say is Tia is a lovely horse, but weaves if aggitated, saing that we had her on box rest for 2 weeks with a abcess, and she stayed in for a 3rd and she was perfect, no other horses were on the yard during the day and she was fine. She's an angel to handle, loves cuddles, but you need to be confident with her. I never had a problem on the ground with her at all, but if your nervous she will take advantage, won't lift her feet, move over, she will dominate you. I never realised this till a timid friend tried to handle her. Butter wouldnt melt with me, cheeky with friend. To ride she was good on the flat, SJ and XC, she's not nappy but again you can't be nervous, she needs to be kept forward infront of the leg.

Sorry written an essay. She's a beautiful mare, did not matter if you rode her every day or once a week. As long as your confident she's an angel.

chescar
17th January 2010, 11:27 AM
How did you find that out Detective Loony!

casper_cb
17th January 2010, 11:50 AM
I am SOOOOOO confused, the pics on the confortmation post of Tia are pics with the girl riding that I sold Tia too. However the girl on Youtube advertsing and that has Tia as far as I am aware has long dark long hair and is not the same person as the pictures on the other post. And she's advertising of a video of me riding Tia that she stole off my youtube page.

As for conformation, it's good. Few non-consequential blemishes, capped hocks, one possibley with changes going on but never caused a problem, (need to x-ray to find out), one front foot is smaller than the other - never was a problem, wonky upper front tooth due to somersaulting onto it XC schooling and a very small pee sized sarcoid on her near side shoulder/ armpit area - again never caused a problem.

I sold her to a girl in kent and she should be Leicstershire (sp) way at he moment.

Firefly
17th January 2010, 11:51 AM
Small small world.

Well I think you've got the information that was missing in the advert Em.

Loony
17th January 2010, 12:41 PM
How lucky is this, now I have honest answers about her!!

She looked quite green jumping in the videos I saw of her caz, although they were from a year ago, when did you sell her?

She's at a dealer in Warrington right now. She was in Kent, someone on HHO messaged me saying she went to view her and the seller was rude, so she wanted to warn me.. but now she's up here right near me.

chescar someone on HHO pointed me in the direction of other videos, so I was looking at them and then noticed all Caz's videos of Basil and Prince etc!! I was like OH MY GOD.

You won't believe what I went through last night. I put up Caz's youtube name for others to watch the videos of Tia, before I realised it was Caz. Then just as I realised, and was about to tell everyone, my internet died. So I was panicking thinking 'crap I'm not going to be able to tell everyone, someone will go on her youtube and realise it's her and tell everyone before I get a chance to!!", how sad :pmsl: So I had to get my cousin to delete my post with Caz's youtube on and make this post. :o

I was gobsmacked when I realised!! What a small world!!

Caz what would she do ridden if you were nervous? I'm not a nervous rider if horses don't give me a reason to be, and I'm fine with horses napping just to try it on and will firmly put them straight.. but if they are dangerous and try it on, then yeah I'll be nervous. I'm just wondering if her being passed around a bit has ruined her good nature, I hope not.

My Crazy Clan
17th January 2010, 01:52 PM
Wow thats a bit of luck! Ar you still interested in her Loony?

Loony
17th January 2010, 03:13 PM
Me too Soph! I phoned Happy Hacker and was texting Mairi absolutely gobsmacked. How weird is that?!

Loony
17th January 2010, 03:13 PM
Wow thats a bit of luck! Ar you still interested in her Loony?

Yep I am, if Caz is happy for her to go to me if she was suitable for me.

fell lover
17th January 2010, 03:29 PM
Oh WOW!!
It's like fate has stepped in Loony!!

casper_cb
17th January 2010, 05:05 PM
Caz what would she do ridden if you were nervous? I'm not a nervous rider if horses don't give me a reason to be, and I'm fine with horses napping just to try it on and will firmly put them straight.. but if they are dangerous and try it on, then yeah I'll be nervous. I'm just wondering if her being passed around a bit has ruined her good nature, I hope not.

I sold her 4 months ago, at the start of July, I believe the dealer bought her start of November, that's when she emailed me to check Tia was not stolen.

I'm not sure what happened with the girl I sold Tia. I'd assume she must be settled now as the dealer, I've heard, is very responsible with her horses and makes sure horse and rider are a good match.

As for riding, she could back off the leg, just kick her forwards, she's a mare that you can kick, she was fine with whips/ spurs too. I found that if she decided to look at something if you let her get away with it and just turned her away she would take advantage - next time she would do a mini rear and try to spin around when you passed it. However if the first time you put your leg on and walk her up to it she'd be fine the next time round. I found being positive and riding forwards worked a treat with her.

Hacking, to be honest I did not do much with her, but she was fine when we did. When I sold her we had people chainsawing down trees behind the stables, she was fine, and a mahoosive tractor came in, she did not bat and eyelid. Our arenas next to a busy cut through and chinooks always fly low over us, so all mine have been good with cars/ low flying aircraft. She's not spooky as such but one day she could suddenly decide she'd not like something that had always been in the arena, but riding positively forwards when you feel her back off and all would be fine.

SJ, point, keep your leg on riding into a contact and pop the fence, she never ran out that I can remember. We have very spooky fillas, I'd just keep my leg and and she'd pop them. Occasionally she'd stop as we were really wrong to a fence, I keep my legs on when any of mine stop to prevent them moving away till I ask, bless her, she jumped from standstill.

XC, other than our tip up at Tweseldown she was fine. Good about water, ditchs. I took her schooling again following our splat and she was none the worse from it. I went with Mum on Otis, she did not nap at all. She was happy in the lead or behind.

She's hunted in the past.

I think to be honest all I can say about her is: for the right person she will be a super horse. I had too many at the time and was concentrating on my youngsters and the ones that were out eventing, also had injuries of my own to contend with and Tia deserved a home where she'd be the main horse, not one that got ridden when I had time.

Zeitgeist Mom
17th January 2010, 05:41 PM
Who/ where/ what have I missed?!
I posted about the disgustingness of the girl I sold her too, more for the other pony she sold with Tia. http://www.equine-world.co.uk/horse-forums/showthread.php?t=3752 Tia went to a dealer who I was aware was going to sell her on. The dealer phoned me to make sure Tia was not stolen as I was the last owner recorded in the passport. It turned out the dealer lived only just down the road where Tia was originally broken as a youngster. I'd seen she'd advertised her on Youtube as a horse for sale on her video page.

All I can say is Tia is a lovely horse, but weaves if aggitated, saing that we had her on box rest for 2 weeks with a abcess, and she stayed in for a 3rd and she was perfect, no other horses were on the yard during the day and she was fine. She's an angel to handle, loves cuddles, but you need to be confident with her. I never had a problem on the ground with her at all, but if your nervous she will take advantage, won't lift her feet, move over, she will dominate you. I never realised this till a timid friend tried to handle her. Butter wouldnt melt with me, cheeky with friend. To ride she was good on the flat, SJ and XC, she's not nappy but again you can't be nervous, she needs to be kept forward infront of the leg.

Sorry written an essay. She's a beautiful mare, did not matter if you rode her every day or once a week. As long as your confident she's an angel.

Ah yes, re-reading the post I remember now - forgot it was Tia. I hope you do go to see her Loony - would be so nice for her to get a good home.

Loony
17th January 2010, 06:05 PM
I sold her 4 months ago, at the start of July, I believe the dealer bought her start of November, that's when she emailed me to check Tia was not stolen.

I'm not sure what happened with the girl I sold Tia. I'd assume she must be settled now as the dealer, I've heard, is very responsible with her horses and makes sure horse and rider are a good match.

As for riding, she could back off the leg, just kick her forwards, she's a mare that you can kick, she was fine with whips/ spurs too. I found that if she decided to look at something if you let her get away with it and just turned her away she would take advantage - next time she would do a mini rear and try to spin around when you passed it. However if the first time you put your leg on and walk her up to it she'd be fine the next time round. I found being positive and riding forwards worked a treat with her.

Hacking, to be honest I did not do much with her, but she was fine when we did. When I sold her we had people chainsawing down trees behind the stables, she was fine, and a mahoosive tractor came in, she did not bat and eyelid. Our arenas next to a busy cut through and chinooks always fly low over us, so all mine have been good with cars/ low flying aircraft. She's not spooky as such but one day she could suddenly decide she'd not like something that had always been in the arena, but riding positively forwards when you feel her back off and all would be fine.

SJ, point, keep your leg on riding into a contact and pop the fence, she never ran out that I can remember. We have very spooky fillas, I'd just keep my leg and and she'd pop them. Occasionally she'd stop as we were really wrong to a fence, I keep my legs on when any of mine stop to prevent them moving away till I ask, bless her, she jumped from standstill.

XC, other than our tip up at Tweseldown she was fine. Good about water, ditchs. I took her schooling again following our splat and she was none the worse from it. I went with Mum on Otis, she did not nap at all. She was happy in the lead or behind.

She's hunted in the past.

I think to be honest all I can say about her is: for the right person she will be a super horse. I had too many at the time and was concentrating on my youngsters and the ones that were out eventing, also had injuries of my own to contend with and Tia deserved a home where she'd be the main horse, not one that got ridden when I had time.

Thanks for all this, I'm so lucky to get all this information off someone who isn't going to lie to me! :lol:

She sounds like a really nice horse. If you had to give her spookiness a score out of 10 (10 being extremely spooky), what would you say she is?

Has she ever been lame or had the vet out for anything other than the usual vaccs etc? How long did you have her?

How is she around other horses? And is she a problem when in season? Was her weaving ever a problem?

And the usual, how is she to box/clip/bath/shoe, and with the dentist & vet?

Anni~Bell
17th January 2010, 06:33 PM
Well at least you don't have to worry about asking about previous owners since you already know her :)

Kelza
19th January 2010, 10:38 PM
I think this has been one of the most exciting posts I've read!!! I hope you get her Loon!

Loony
19th January 2010, 10:43 PM
Caz replied to my reply up there on another forum since EW was down. Apparently she had a habit when Caz first got her of doing little rears to 'test' you. If this is something she has relearnt, I would have to seriously think about the decision, which is most likely to turn into a no.

I don't know whether its worth trying to see if I have the confidence to deal with that and overcome it as quickly as Caz did, then end up with a very sweet honest horse. I might end up being too nervous of her, and then she would take advantage of me. Although I do have a lot of willing crash dummies at the yard, but I didn't want that.

Teej
20th January 2010, 12:02 AM
All you can do is try her out and if you don't feel comfortable on her then at least you know you tried. If you did decide that you liked her, would you be able to take her on trial for a couple of months?

Remember that ANY horse is capable of spookiness no matter how bomb proof you are told they are. I can't imagine that there is a horse out there that has never spooked :o.

It's perfectly normal to feel wary for a while on and around a new horse and you will need to give yourself time to get to know each other. There's no shame in getting off and leading it past something scary and equally there is no shame in asking a more confident rider to get on and do something first.

You will have ups and downs like the rest of us and I look forward to reading all about it :D

Loony
20th January 2010, 12:11 AM
Thanks Tracey. I think this was more like a trying it on thing, rather than spooky. Obviously it would be something that went with time, if it was just testing the waters to see how much she could get away with, but I just hope it won't ruin my confidence before we manage to overcome it.

I'm hoping she's been used to going around to new places (although for you Caz I wish she hadn't been passed around!), so she might not be trying it on anymore. Plus I know Caz worked with her alot whilst she had her, its likely that was just a habit that Caz has ironed out. Who knows.

She might not even still be there, I can't do anything until about the 25th.. my hands are tied.

Zeitgeist Mom
20th January 2010, 12:14 AM
Definitely worth going to try her - if she's still available. At least you know the whole truth about her, so no hidden surprises. Any other horse you might try, you will only know as much as the seller tells you. Better the devil you know ;)

zoes87
20th January 2010, 05:41 PM
i definately think its worth a look. If you try her & she tries anything you're not comfortable with then their's your decision. However, if you try her & she's perfectly fine or she tries it on within your limitations then again, i think there's your decision. Monts will try it on with mini rears - but seriously like not even a foot off the ground (although he can do alot worse if the mood takes him!) and like caz said, ride them forwards and they're fine!
If she's still there i think she's def worth a look! :)

CityLights
20th January 2010, 08:07 PM
if she is still there go have a look at her there is nothing to loose, if you dont you will always wonder about her and be kicking yourself for not going, there are so many horses that i have considered trying that i didnt that i really should of gone and looked at and a few i should of bought

she sounds quite a stright forward horse really and im sure nothing you cant handle just have a little confidence in your abilities as a rider and go have a look you dont have to buy her if she isnt right but you have given it a go

so-n-so
21st January 2010, 10:46 AM
I'd assume she must be settled now as the dealer, I've heard, is very responsible with her horses and makes sure horse and rider are a good match.

i know the dealer she is with, and she really is a fab person. they will not let just anyone buy a horse.. :cheekywink:

she is very hands on dealer,

loony - any problems with her and im really sure they will help you though them. they always get horses and ponies that have problems and they turn them into fab all rounders.. :)

Tarka the horse
21st January 2010, 11:02 AM
Dammit, this is so damned exciting!!! Why do you have to wait Loon?? Go see her now and put us all out of our misery!!

Firefly
21st January 2010, 11:57 AM
Dammit, this is so damned exciting!!! Why do you have to wait Loon?? Go see her now and put us all out of our misery!!

Agreed! Really excited.

Susan
21st January 2010, 04:31 PM
Ah, I felt a little bit the same as Apple when I was reading this but didn't want to be the one that said it! Mainly because I reckon you are pretty sensible and clear headed about what you want and I don't think you would buy her if you weren't 100% sure that she was the right one for you.

I think she is gorgeous (you know we are on the same wavelength when it comes to 'type'!) and potentially could be brilliant for you, but I also think from description that she could quickly become a bit of a handful if she sensed any weakness at all and I am not 100% sure she is the ideal first horse. (if there is such a thing!) Obviously Caz knows best and can give the best advice.

Everyone has said this, but its true, it really is so different riding and schooling on your own as opposed to as part of a lesson. Something that doesn't bother you when you are in a school environment with an instructor you trust on the ground can be magnified into something a lot more scary when you're on your own at the yard. Maguire took the pee out of me on the ground as soon as he realised I was just that little bit nervous. At the time I didn't even think I was nervous, but when I look back I realise that I was.

I would 100% go and look at her, but I would also keep trawling the ads to see what else is out there. It is very hard to judge what a horse will be like for someone else. Mags's owner sees him as an utterly bombroof ride suitable for any rider, and he can be that, but he is also like a lot of horses, ready to take the pee if given the chance and to misbehave if he thinks he can get away with it. And once you have had a fright it can be a vicious circle!

I hope that doesn't sound too negative as I do think Tia is lovely!

Zeitgeist Mom
21st January 2010, 04:59 PM
I still think that considering you know the whole truth about her from Caz, that she sounds pretty good. No horse is perfect, and while you want something sane and sensible, you would be bored quickly with a complete plod. The advantage Tia has over any other horse, is that you do know the truth about her. You just won't know what information is with held when viewing other horses. You'd be crazy not to try her out, and from what I've seen of your riding, you would be absolutey fine on her.

Loony
21st January 2010, 06:52 PM
Thank you guys, valued opinions as always :). I agree with you Soph and Susan - I know I have the ability to get through it, it's whether my confidence would hold out long enough.

I will definately be going to see her, have always said that from the start, so don't need any persuading on that. If I feel good on her then I'll take it from there, and go back for a 2nd visit. If I get nervous and she takes the pee, I'll call it a day.. no matter how much I really want to make sure she gets a nice home. :(

I suppose I won't know how I feel until I'm there.

As for timing... I'll ring up next week and arrange a viewing for that weekend. :D

chescar
21st January 2010, 08:51 PM
I would ask your instructor to go with you. She knows your capability more than anyone

Loony
21st January 2010, 11:29 PM
Aaaaaah I've just got mega excited now. Soph what is it about your replies that make me go all giddy about it!!?? :lol:

Completely agree with that point. I would like something that would start off nice and sensible, whilst I'm getting to grips with things, and then the more we do and the fitter he/she gets, thats when the 'spark' kicks in. I would definately be bored with a plod. But at the same time the worst thing I could do is buy a horse I have to battle with. Over the past 2 weeks I've rode horses I've had to battle with to make them listen to what I want, and it's just no fun at all.

tracy I don't think my instructor would be up for that. She's really nice and I admire her loads and we get on, but I don't think she'd come travelling to see horses with me. She's preggers now too. I have a friend coming with me who will be my transport, and gem's kindly offered to come with me too, which is an offer I am jumping on!

gem
21st January 2010, 11:35 PM
Jenny's pregnant?! No way!! Can't imagine her as a mum :lol:

Loony
21st January 2010, 11:50 PM
Me either :lol:

She has her priorities right, has a lot of respect for the right people and so on.. so she has the makings to become a really good mum, you just can't imagine her with a kid can you!?

She's about 11 weeks now, she found out at 8 weeks.

gem
21st January 2010, 11:54 PM
Oh yeh she'd make a really fun mum I'm sure! Tell her congratulations from me when you see her next week :)

Loony
22nd January 2010, 12:11 AM
I will do!

gem
22nd January 2010, 12:43 AM
:lol: Lancashire be from where we hail.

He looks lovely!! Never heard of the dealer. Maybe Smile & Wave has? Think she's nearer preston. Either way it's about half hour's drive away.

casper_cb
22nd January 2010, 10:00 AM
I've just has a look on the Pocket Nook farm website and can't se Tia for sale? I was wondering what they'd written up about her.

Tarka the horse
22nd January 2010, 12:12 PM
That's what happens when you wait though :(

casper_cb
22nd January 2010, 12:16 PM
I just hope she's gone to a good home. *Fingers Crossed for Tia* XXxxxxxxxx

Anni~Bell
22nd January 2010, 04:38 PM
Oh i really hope she hasn't gone :(

Loony
22nd January 2010, 06:38 PM
Ohhhhhh :( :(

Loony
22nd January 2010, 06:40 PM
I love the last one, the expensive one. I was looking at him too then noticed the price. Not sure if he's a bit TOO chunky, but he's definately gorgeous!! I probably wouldn't mind.

1st is nice too but isn't completely floating my boat. Don't know why.

Kelza
22nd January 2010, 07:25 PM
You could still ring, they might have just taken her off the site

gem
22nd January 2010, 09:32 PM
I'm with Soph on this one. Your horsey is out there waiting and didn't want you to choose Tia instead :)