PDA

View Full Version : scam adverts on horsemart

helena
19th January 2010, 07:45 AM
I was having a browse last night, found an ad that is almost definitely a scam, and have reported it to horsemart. To their credit they responded to me very quickly, but they think it is genuine.

helena
19th January 2010, 09:21 AM
I don't want to ring it myself - some of the past scams have looked like mobile number but actually been premium rate, and people who have rung them didn't realise till they got their phone bill. I'm glad you also think its a scam, the guy from horsemart made me feel like I was being silly.

nic
19th January 2010, 09:43 AM
Having now read that advert, my conclusion is..........

Scam!!!

How on earth Horsemart thinks thats ligit I dont know??!!:rolleyes:

Love the bit about having a foal in 2001.....shes 11 years old!!!:lol:

My Crazy Clan
19th January 2010, 11:35 AM
wheres the add?

helena
19th January 2010, 12:29 PM
Lorraine removed the reference in case it is genuine.

Zeitgeist Mom
19th January 2010, 09:20 PM
So often I see Friesian adverts that look very obviously like scams, and not only on HM. I don't understand why it's such a popular breed for scams. In fact there is a Friesian breeder who warns on her website that there are scam adverts on various sites, using HER horses' photos! Must be so annoying for her!

Kelza
19th January 2010, 09:44 PM
Hmm to me it seems the advert has been battered by a thesaurus! lol

helena
21st January 2010, 05:38 AM
There was a black cob advertised as a palomino too! It doesn't give me confidence in the sites that allow it, that's for sure. I mean if we pick these things up in a quick browse, why on earth aren't their staff screening them?