PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to win Badminton this year?

Biddy
21st January 2010, 12:21 PM
Hey, Christmas is ver, but the weather is vile and depressing, so it got me thinking about Springtime - lambs, foals, grass (!) and of course Badminton. So come on then - what are your predictions for this year?!

cocopops
21st January 2010, 07:53 PM
Quite difficult to say as you dont even know who is entered!

casper_cb
22nd January 2010, 11:55 AM
Hmm I'll have a look once entries are in and the ballots done to see whose running. I wonder how much the weather's held the horses/ riders back in their fitness work who are hoping to be running, due to be more bad snow in Feb too. :(

Biddy
22nd January 2010, 12:35 PM
There's not is there????? That's taken my mood down a bit then.
I should think they've had quite a hit in fitness, as really only indoor work or walking possible for those couple of weeks.

cocopops
22nd January 2010, 10:00 PM
Well alot of riders have been using indoor schools, and walkers maintain fair fitness, i doubt too many of them would have started alot of caterwork/ work on the gallops quite yet as its still 4 months away.
The Fredericks have a treadmill so can do hill work etc on that.

Oh and ill go Owen Moore and Major Milestone- not likely but i feel i ought to :)

rachyrooster
26th January 2010, 03:57 PM
Badminton may be months away but proper events start in march. and indoor JAS type stuff is going on now. my friend was tearing her hair out, she doesnt even ahve an indoor school.

I hate to say it becasue i dont like him, but lets face it oliver townend has got to be in the running :miffed:

cocopops
26th January 2010, 07:58 PM
Depends- his performance and attitude at the europeans was poor, i was just starting to come round to him. Ive earmarked Poplar for my first event but really need to get cracking with a bit of cantering and get out to a Dr and SJ or CT.
Professionals have a much greater chance of maintaining fitness and getting thier horses prepared than we do, as they have the funds to hire indoor arenas/ gallops etc.

Brithdir Barrd
30th January 2010, 04:46 PM
I love Oliver Townend went to watch his Champion tour he is amazing and so funny!

Him to win badminton :P

casper_cb
28th April 2010, 07:41 PM
I'd like WFP to win on either of his rides. He won Kentucky so winning badminton will give him a shot at the Rolex Grand Slam.

I'd like my friend to win the Grassroots BE100 Championship at Badminton. *Fingers crossed* for Woody and Lisa.

cocopops
29th April 2010, 11:26 PM
Owen didnt get in on either of his rides, not surprising, but i think Milo will be aimed at burghley, the other has retired after Burnham Market.
I'd like William to win too, and have a go at the grand slam, he has a good record at burgjhley so if he won here he could do it.
I also really like Tina Cook and miners Frolic- I really like that horse.
Phoebe Buckley and Little Tiger, Just for the sheer effort and stickability- frosty is tiny but fingers crossed she doesnt repeat her belton performance XC!!