PDA

View Full Version : Wanted advert - HELP!

Loony
24th January 2010, 05:45 PM
I have no clue how to write adverts :ashamed:

I think you guys all know what I want? Can somebody knock one together for me?

Basically:
15.2hh-17hh
5-12 years old
excellent in heavy traffic
safe
experienced jumper - whether at home or competing
not a plod, but not strong, something with a bit of spark
must be around North West area

BEX101
24th January 2010, 05:49 PM
errrm..... you just wrote it!
why not just bullet point what you want (like you just did) keep it clear and simple!

gem
24th January 2010, 05:53 PM
Maybe instead of safe put something like 'good first horse'? Saffy's 'safe' but she'd be a naff first horse :lol: Other than that, it's pretty much there!

Loony
24th January 2010, 05:54 PM
I don't think I would really take notice of something just in bullet points like that though.. maybe its just me.. I just think it looks a hell of a lot nicer put together in a paragraph.

I was going to be first horse aswell, but then I hope nobody gets put off by it.. I was going to put something like "knowledgeable first time horse owner looking for...."

Loony
24th January 2010, 06:01 PM
Alright let me give this a go, I'm no good with puttings things together though.

Knowledgeable first-time horse owner looking for a horse with a bit of spark, but safe and suitable for a first horse. Not a plod or strong. Must be 15.2hh-17hh, 5-12 years old, unphased by heavy traffic and around the North West of England. I would like to concentrate on SJ, therefore must have some experience, whether at home or competing. I am offering a loving, forever home. Budget, 2800.

Susan
24th January 2010, 06:01 PM
Soooo, exciting! Just a quickie, I'll come back to it!

Wanted - genuine, honest, RC type.
Ideally 15.2-17hh, 5 - 12 years old.
Very loving, permanent home awaits the right horse. Must be safe and kind, but still be forwards thinking and fun. Absolutely must be traffic proof and happy to hack out alone and in company. Must enjoy and be established as a jumper as new owner will want to be able to pop a course at home or at RC/local level. To be a fun, first horse for capable rider. Must be sensibly priced, not looking for a top class comp horse, just honest family friend!

Hope this is some help to start you off!

Loony
24th January 2010, 06:03 PM
See, now THATS a good wanted advert!! Susan you've put mine to shame :o brilliant thanks.

I think I'll take the last bit off though and leave it as "must be sensibly priced". The last bit might attract giraffe type horses with faces only a mother could love. :cheekywink:

Susan
24th January 2010, 06:07 PM
LOL, good call on the last bit!
Also, I might not put your budget on, their are pros and cons of doing it, the pro is that you are not called by people with the perfect horse at three times what you want to pay, but the con is that someone with a horse they want to sell for 2k may see your budget and just up it to that immediately!

Loony
24th January 2010, 06:22 PM
I thought of that when I read yours :o I'm a bit slow sometimes!!!

Yup I'll definately not be telling anyone my budget without them saying what they would take first!

mermer
24th January 2010, 08:10 PM
I think Susan's advert is really good. She's quite right about not putting how much you're willing to spend, it does effect people when they see pound signs!

How exciting, I'm looking forward to the search as I'm sure you'll keep us all up to date, dont ever think you'll bore us :)

Welly
26th January 2010, 11:35 AM
Exciting times!! I found my old boy through a wanted advert - he was the second i viewed and he stayed mine until the end - 11 years later! Best thing I ever did putting that ad up :) xx

Zeitgeist Mom
26th January 2010, 12:32 PM
I think it's a good idea too - that's how I got Sandy. I agree Susan's one is really good.