PDA

View Full Version : I rang up about the palomino mare!

Loony
25th January 2010, 06:28 PM
How nerrrvvveeee-wraacckkiiingggg! :scared:

Basically, she sounds like an angel. But don't they all. :lol:

Apparently she's good in all the traffic she's seen with them, they take her on a busy lane though, rather than road, so she hasn't seen doubledecker buses or anything which are up and down the yard's road quicker than Libsy's knickers. But she said she doesn't see why she wouldn't be fine with them. She's perfect to clip, bath, shoe etc. She hasn't taken her out hacking alone, they always go in 2's or 3's, but again she said she doesn't see why she would have a problem with it. Perfect manners on the ground, loves being fussed over.

The person I spoke to was the YO of the yard she is at.. or WAS at.. apparently their field is flooded so she's been moved temporarily to another one, so I have to phone up someone seperate to arrange a viewing. Though she said the owner barely has the time to see her anymore, so she's been basically caring for her and riding her for a bit, she also knew her when she was with her past owners for years too. She's had a few foals in the past.

I asked if she was suitable for novices, since a few of my family members will no doubt want a sit on, (and just to settle my confidence jitters!), and she said yep she would be fine, 'though obviously she can have her little cheeky days', so I said on a bad day whats the worst she would do? To which she replied, "shes never done anything with me, I think the worst would be just being lazy and you have to get after her to make her do something she doesn't want to do".. fair enough.

The horse is called Kylie.. 'because she's blonde'!! Eeeeeeekk!! :lol:

My Crazy Clan
25th January 2010, 06:33 PM
Kylie could work :lol:

She sounds promising, are you going to make an appointment?

Loony
25th January 2010, 06:37 PM
Yep will ring up tomorrow once I've sorted out whos taking me. My friends being soddin' awkward, "well can your dad take us to the first one then I'll take you to the others".. ermmm why!?! ****** hell.

vels mum
25th January 2010, 06:37 PM
Is she on horsemart???? Can we see pics......can we have more info ie age height breed etc???????
Woohooooo emmalou is getting a horsey worsey woo

Loony
25th January 2010, 06:38 PM
Oh and she also mentioned she's not been ridden for a while due to the weather and dark nights etc so she popped on the other day, so I said is she okay to be left for a few days then ridden straight away then? And she said yeah she's no different.

nic
25th January 2010, 06:40 PM
Woohoo!! Have you posted a link to the ad anywhere else?;):lol:

Loony
25th January 2010, 06:40 PM
Is she on horsemart???? Can we see pics......can we have more info ie age height breed etc???????
Woohooooo emmalou is getting a horsey worsey woo

She's on MerseyHorse. Sadly there's no advert ref, or individual link.

http://www.merseyhorse.com/new/horses4sale/pics/KYLIEFLATWORK.jpg148765.jpg

16.1HH palamino mare, 11 years old. Very sweet natured and easy to handle. Good to shoe box and clip. Likes to jump and work well on the flat. Good in traffic. Work commitments force sale.

nic
25th January 2010, 06:45 PM
She looks nice. you should be able to knock that price down too!!:D

naurarwen
25th January 2010, 06:45 PM
Wow Loony she looks lovely. Let us know how it goes!

gem
25th January 2010, 06:47 PM
Ooh sounds promising!! I hope you get this one (or any other one I posted about) - then I could say I found your horsey :lol: Just kidding, I can't wait to see what you think of her! The name's pretty awful but then it could suit her perfectly (not saying she's awful..duh..). Let me know if you want me to come along. Woo it's begun!!

Maria
25th January 2010, 06:54 PM
She's very smart looking! I remember how I used to tell you to hurry up about getting a horse - at last, the time has arrived! :D

piccolo
25th January 2010, 07:21 PM
Noooo. I want her!:)

Zeitgeist Mom
25th January 2010, 07:24 PM
She definitely the one I am most hopeful for - I think she sounds perfect for you, and she's so purdy too!

Loony
Have added another entry to my blog. :) bit of a rant, sorry!!!!

CityLights
I think it would be a good idea to make a list of everything you want in the ideal horse, almost a check list dont just fall in love with the first one you go see, thats what i tend to do and ive ended up making a few big and expensive mistakes!

Loony
25th January 2010, 07:35 PM
Don't worry I know exactly what I want and won't come home without it :)

Ugh I'm in a bad mood now :(. My blog pretty much sums one bit up, and then my friend who I mentioned before just text me saying, "So aren't we going to Decathlon this Saturday then? I wanted to see if my boots are in stock.."

AAARRGGHH.

So I said, "Not being funny but I think going to see a horse before someone else buys them is more important than going to Decathlon", so she just replied with "OK", no kiss or anything.

This is meant to be a happy time!!

injioho
25th January 2010, 07:35 PM
She's gorgeous loon :love:

Maria
25th January 2010, 07:37 PM
:( what a good friend. Is there any way you can get someone else to take you? It sounds as though this friend isn't going to make this day an exciting and happy one.

Susan
25th January 2010, 07:45 PM
She is gorgeous! I would have to change the name, though, lol! Good luck!!

Catg
25th January 2010, 07:56 PM
She's lovely! xxx

Brithdir Barrd
25th January 2010, 08:00 PM
Love her very nice palomino! Make sure you take your time but she seems good.

Anni~Bell
25th January 2010, 08:33 PM
Ooooh Loonypants!! :D

chescar
25th January 2010, 08:36 PM
Is this friend a horsey person?
If you are stuck, and I'm not busy, and its the weekend I could take you. I think you are only a stones throw down the lancs from me.
Let me know hun.

vels mum
25th January 2010, 08:36 PM
Sounds promising, id see if you can get another person fixed to go view with you!!!!

My Crazy Clan
25th January 2010, 08:56 PM
She seems lovely, for some strange reason, I thought she was a gelding when I saw the add a while ago :lol: I hope you sort a lift out too.

amandaco
25th January 2010, 09:06 PM
oohhh you are local to me then..?
she seems nice...you should defo get the price down too, esp if shes not in work...

Horse Mad Mum
25th January 2010, 09:11 PM
hey Emm she looks lovely good luck HMM X

Loony
25th January 2010, 10:19 PM
Jo have replied to your PM, thanks again :) thats so nice of you!

Luckily guys my dad has offered to take me (and my selfish joyriding friend..). He said he would like to see the horses with me, he used to have horses as a kid/teen, so I think I'm all set for transport. I shouldn't complain but he's spent the whole year and a half sticking his nose up, saying I'm crazy for doing it, and never showed any interest in it at all. Maybe now he realises I'm serious! Although why an 18 year old would leave herself with 40 a month for no good reason, I don't know..

Loony
25th January 2010, 10:41 PM
Eeeeeeeeeeeee :lol: :lol: :D

I really did expect her to be sold! She's been there since before Christmas.. I HOPE thats not a bad sign! I'm expecting to get there and she'll be completely unfit and will need a bit of work.. but I guess 70% of horses are like that in the winter with all the dark nights etc? D'ya think?

Aahh I couldn't even explain how nervous I was.. I don't think I sounded it on the phone though I hope. I was just sort of stuttering and trying not to ask too many questions :o she sounds like a really great kind of first horse though.

I'd love to get more pics and videos of her but it wasn't the owner I spoke to.. infact she told me to call the YO of the yard she's at now to arrange a viewing.. sorry but I want to speak to the owner too!?

She's given me her old owner's phone number too, who had her for 2 years and bred from her a couple of times, I think I might ring that tomorrow. She said to me she'd have no problem with me ringing..

Loony
25th January 2010, 11:21 PM
Well she said on the phone she's had trouble getting up because her job is so time-consuming, (which is why she's selling), it sounds like she's just left the YO to do everything. Maybe she wouldn't be there because she's too busy. I'm not sure I'd trust someone else to sell my horse to someone suitable though.. I don't know, I'd want to see them? I'll ask this 'Richard' when I ring tomorrow, see what he says.

Yeah thats what I'm thinking, but I can always ring up her old owner. In the space of 2 years she must've had her fit at some point!

Teej
25th January 2010, 11:34 PM
She looks lovely! Definitely think you could get the price down though :)

chescar
26th January 2010, 07:40 AM
Just remember, she might not look as nice as she does in the photo. They would have haven the picture well as in when she had a summer coat, was moving nicely etc.

She might be a bit out of condition and fluffy. Try to see beyond that. Look at the potential.

x x Helen x x
26th January 2010, 08:25 AM
oo didnt realise she looked like that, nice choice Looneybin

Susan
26th January 2010, 08:56 AM
Just a thought - if the old owner had her for around two years and bred twice then she really couldn't have had ridden her much, if at all. And why did she breed from her if she was so short of time and sounds like she didn't keep the foals? (or am I getting the wrong end of the stick and the current owner wasn't the one who bred from her?) Sorry to sound negative, I think the mare is gorgeous and potentially brilliant, but it sounds like she is being sold pretty much from the field. Hopefully they will have the information you need about her ridden career!

Susan
26th January 2010, 08:58 AM
Sorry - just re read and see that the current YO has known the horse for years - excuse my negativity!

Zeitgeist Mom
26th January 2010, 10:10 AM
And why did she breed from her if she was so short of time and sounds like she didn't keep the foals?I think I lot of people choose to breed from a mare because they don't have the time to be doing anything else with her.

Tarka the horse
26th January 2010, 10:38 AM
Loony!!! She's gorgeous!!

My Crazy Clan
26th January 2010, 10:40 AM
The one thing I would defiantly make suer I do is hack her out alone, as you said shes always goes out in 2's or 3's. Also was the foals recently or in the past? If all goes well maybe they would let you have her no a 2weeks trial etc, best of luck emma.

vels mum
26th January 2010, 11:50 AM
When do you go to view her? (sorry ive not read right through the thread) Its great your dad is showing interest now, thats really posative!!!!
Good luck! x

amandaxx1
26th January 2010, 04:14 PM
She does look very nice, hope all goes well x

Loony
26th January 2010, 06:18 PM
I've not seen any others, thats the thing. If there were any more, I'd be ringing. I'm waiting for someone with the coloured WB on HHO to email me back with more pics etc.

Thanks guys. I rang up the number the lady yesterday gave me to ring to arrange a viewing, and he's said Sunday morning is fine for him and to ring up on Sat to arrange a time. Exciting! He sounded really busy, hence why he prob asked me to ring closer to the time, so will grill him on Saturday about the owner being there and what facilities they have etc to try her out, and what I want to see when I'm there regarding being caught, tacked up.

Jo will definately have potential in mind, I think I'd be willing to bring her back into work if she needed it and was perfect in every other way.

Twizzel
26th January 2010, 08:09 PM
She looks nice. Also remember that if she's out of work, unfit etc, she may be totally different when she's fit and in full work... one of ours is a total saint in all ways but when he's in hunting mode in the winter and hunting once a week he is a completely different horse to the summer when he's chilling out! I would definitely want to hack her out on her own at least once on various routes just to see what she's like without company.

dun blonde
26th January 2010, 08:51 PM
I haven't read the replies so please excuse me if repeating,but I would be concerned about the hacking alone part.

For the YO to say to you 'don't see why she wouldn't be ok' sounds a bit barmy to me,there is a world of difference in asking a horse to hack alone compared to in company,I can't see how she would not realise this if she is a knowledgable horse person,more to the point she obviously does know,and is giving a deliberate non answer.

I know many horses,as I'm sure do you and everyone else on here,that will hack fine in company,but are loopy if asked to go out alone!! Even if she will do it eventually,I suspect you will have issues at first if all she's done for years is hack in company,but hopefully I'm wrong there.

Please,please try her hacking alone,and do as I do when viewing a horse,tell them you want to take the horse out on the road *totally on your own*,without even someone on foot (many horses will take confidence from a person walking beside/in front of them,but will be different with no-one there),if they are reluctant to let you do this or suggest coming with you on foot,walk away or if it's a safety thing they're worried about suggest they walk quite a way behind and keep quiet and don't interfere.If they are happy to ler you do this,then that's a good sign,but still do it and have a walk and a trot,and meet traffic etc,wait around for it if you have to,will be worth it!!

Sorry for the waffle but being able to hack alone is so important,and I am very suspicious of the reply you got when you asked about it.

Loony
26th January 2010, 09:07 PM
Twizz I have the old owner's number so can ask her how she was when she was fit. Also this woman has known the horse for years, so wouldn't just be going on how she is now, unfit. I know what you mean though, it is a concern. But I guess thats the risk you take with every horse.

and dun blonde, I thought the same. I can't believe they've ALWAYS had someone to hack out with! Lucky them. I'll ask the owner to take her out alone for the first half, and then I'll go back. If she's never been alone then someone can try that out before me, taaaa :cheekywink: :lol: I'll ask her to walk a long way behind aswell. I can't imagine she would let a stranger go out on her horse alone!

My Crazy Clan
26th January 2010, 09:23 PM
I've not seen any others, thats the thing. If there were any more, I'd be ringing. I'm waiting for someone with the coloured WB on HHO to email me back with more pics etc..
Didn't you like the anglo arab?

Loony
26th January 2010, 09:31 PM
Yeah I've emailed them too for more info. He looks a bit whizzy on the pictures, wanted to ask whether he was.

My Crazy Clan
26th January 2010, 09:49 PM
Yeah I've emailed them too for more info. He looks a bit whizzy on the pictures, wanted to ask whether he was.

I thought that too, could just be the arab coming out in the photos but you never know :)

Loony
26th January 2010, 10:40 PM
He's kicked up half the sand in the arena just going over a crosspole :lol: we'll see what they say.

Loony
27th January 2010, 08:04 AM
I'm gonna ring up her old owner today :)!

Osci
27th January 2010, 09:55 AM
Only just seen this thread as not been on much, good luck with ringing her old owner today Looney

My Crazy Clan
27th January 2010, 11:00 AM
He's kicked up half the sand in the arena just going over a crosspole :lol: we'll see what they say.

I never noticed! :o

My Crazy Clan
27th January 2010, 11:01 AM
I'm gonna ring up her old owner today :)!

Just a thought but maybe her name wasn't always Kylie? Ask her old owner.

Zeitgeist Mom
27th January 2010, 11:01 AM
When are you going to see her?

My Crazy Clan
27th January 2010, 11:03 AM
When are you going to see her?

I think she said on fthm, Saturday or Sunday.

Loony
27th January 2010, 12:30 PM
Sunday morning sometime ZM :)

dun blonde
27th January 2010, 03:10 PM
and dun blonde, I thought the same. I can't believe they've ALWAYS had someone to hack out with! Lucky them. I'll ask the owner to take her out alone for the first half, and then I'll go back. If she's never been alone then someone can try that out before me, taaaa :cheekywink: :lol: I'll ask her to walk a long way behind aswell. I can't imagine she would let a stranger go out on her horse alone!

Well I am selling my lad soon and will be happy for people to take my lad out on his own,providing I have seen them handle him,know they were sensible etc,BUT then I know my lad is safe and sane to hack out alone,brilliant with all traffic etc.That is the test as far as I'm concerned,if I were to not be keen what would be the reason?? From a buyer POV I would expect them to want to try him alone,and suspect they will wonder why they couldn't if I said no!!

I have always made it clear I will not buy the horse if I can't hack it out completely on my own when I view,have never had anyone say no yet,so try asking,you never know she might not mind,many people don't,*if* they know the horse is safe.............................

If she's really not keen though,by all means give her the benefit of the doubt,as I can see like you said that some people might not be keen from a safety and liability POV,but do make sure you do as you said in your post,and ask her to walk a long way behind and not interfere.I also find it very unlikely that she has always had someone to ride out with like you said,so think it's important to find out the truth behind the hacking alone part.

Good luck!!:)

Gillian
27th January 2010, 06:22 PM
Oh how exciting! She looks lovely. Didn't realise you were looking already!