PDA

View Full Version : Summer Loans??

Anni~Bell
26th January 2010, 05:41 PM
Do you think anybody would be willing to loan there horse out just for the summer?? Its just I really want another horse but with my A2 exams coming up don't really have time for one at the moment but as soon as my exams are over I will :) but I can't have it past the summer because of uni (even though I won't go back til October). Was thinking about a share but would rather have a loan so I can ride whenever I want and not on certain days. Selfish I know:ashamed:
So do you think anyone would??

xxx

CityLights
26th January 2010, 05:53 PM
Sometimes colleges have bought their own horses or have horses that do not go home for the summer and obviously there arent any studnets in so they have to pay people to look after them, it might be an idea to ring up a few local colleges to see if they need a home for one over summer

Anni~Bell
26th January 2010, 06:01 PM
The really only local college is Morton Morrel and even that isn't that close. Going up to Nottingham Trent next week so might ask there as I know they have a few college horses :)

fairyfeet
26th January 2010, 07:09 PM
Come and ride Max anytime for free. No restriction as to days etc!

amandaxx1
27th January 2010, 09:10 AM
You could put an advert up saying your wanting something for the summer, you never know there might be someone who is going away for the summer who needs a loaner?? x

Anni~Bell
27th January 2010, 06:25 PM
Fairyfeet if I've lost a lot of weight by the summer I will :)
Worth a shot. Will defo talk to mum about it as I have to think about money for uni as well :)

Anni~Bell
28th January 2010, 06:55 PM
I did think about horse sitting but unfortunatly I can't always guarantee a car as we have two cars between three of us :) Worth a shot though I suppose

Day Dreamer
29th January 2010, 01:30 AM
Hi Anni am typing this from Brackenhurst campus lol! Actually relatively few of the horses here are school horses. The majority are livery! There's a team of permanent staff on the yard and *i think* that not only do they run BHS exams etc on them the Foundation degree students don't have quite the same holiday timetable and are therefore using the horses during the summer. Are you coming here next year? I'd be happy to ask down at equine for you if you like? DD

Anni~Bell
31st January 2010, 07:34 PM
Yep going to be on Brackenhurst next year but doing Geography but hope to be able have a few lessons a couple of times a month if money and I can :)