PDA

View Full Version : Got to sell Hannah!!

lil_legs
2nd February 2010, 08:30 AM
I'm a bit gutted, I knew it would possibly come to this. Basically I have been looking after Hannah for a friend, she's the one who's on the verge of a breakdown.

She rang me yesterday and said that she had to sell her there was no way of her ever being able to have her back. Even though I knew it would possibly get to this after she split up with her OH, I am still really upset over it, she has become a part of the furniture.

Poor little mare, I have told her (the owner that is lol) she'll have to wait a couple of weeks anyway because i've had a car accident lol.

lil_legs
2nd February 2010, 08:45 AM
Unfortunately now with writing the car off we wouldn't be able to afford her.

Welly
2nd February 2010, 09:13 AM
Thats a shame :(

Whats she like? Is she something that would fit Loonys horse search criteria?! xx

lil_legs
2nd February 2010, 09:56 AM
I think she's gonna be a bit heavy for Loony. She's a shirexcob lol.

gem
2nd February 2010, 11:21 AM
Aww I love Hannah. She seems like such a genuine horse. If only I was looking, she's just my type! Get Anni to enter the lottery :)

XenaWarriorPrincess
2nd February 2010, 11:34 AM
Oh no :(
She is a smashing horse im sure you will find her a lovely home!
xxx

PS Agree with Anni buying all the lottery tickets :lol: Or selling body parts?!? :P

amandaxx1
2nd February 2010, 01:05 PM
Is Hannah the huge one who's hogged but with a forelock? If it is i love her, she's a gorgous horse. Do you have any pics to remind us? x

lil_legs
2nd February 2010, 01:26 PM
Yeah that's the one. She's such a lovely mare, she's one horse that is very close to my heart and has always stayed very close to me, I shall be very sad to see her go.

Pics...

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w182/emzy_1234/Hannah/Image041.jpg

I'll upload couple more in a bit, just gotta pop out.

Zeitgeist Mom
2nd February 2010, 02:06 PM
She's such a gorgeous horse! I'm so sad to read this - I hope something works out one way or another so that you don't lose her :(

lil_legs
2nd February 2010, 02:31 PM
There's no way around it unfortunately, there is no way the woman can afford to ave her back, she's moved to devon and as things have finished with her OH has had to move back in with ehr dad. She owes him some money and so I think Hannah's money will pay for it.

I can't afford her, apart from that, she's not what I want realistically, I have Alfie and Jasper, Hannah was mainly here to plug the gap while Alfie grew up so my OH had a horse, I can find something alot cheaper that needs a bit of loving for me and the OH have Jasper now until Alfie is old enough to break. Just Hannah's situation ran paralell mine and so I said I would take her on.

Other pics..
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w182/emzy_1234/Hannah/DSCF1367.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w182/emzy_1234/Hannah/DSCF1356.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w182/emzy_1234/Hannah/S5030851.jpg

amandaxx1
2nd February 2010, 03:00 PM
She's just my type, I'd snap her up in a second if i was looking for another horse. I bet she'll go for a fair bit, she's a 'been there done that' type isnt she? x

gem
2nd February 2010, 03:36 PM
How much is she up for etc? I'll let people know. I know we're quite far away but horses like that are few and far between.

lil_legs
2nd February 2010, 03:38 PM
She is indeedy, the woman is looking for about 3500 for her, I have told her i'll put her up for that amount, but I don't think we'll get that much for her. At least that way we have room to come down.

She has taught so many people to ride, looked after so many nervous riders, and taught some better riders as well. She truly is an all round mare, she goes on a lead rein, you can lead from her, she will go fast, go slow. Basically she'll do absolutely anything you want!!

One in a million horse for definate! When she first arrived she was about 4 times the size she is now, soooo fat, she was as docile as anything. When we had finally shifted some of the weight, we managed to get a saddle on her, never seen a girth that size. She was great literally got on ehr and away we went.

As she was changing size all of the time she was a bit clumsy, but once she got to her good size she was a diamond, and we have never ever had any trouble with her. She has never bucked, bolted or reared. She is such a special mare, I think the woman is happy for me to hold out for just the right home for her. I really hope so anyway. I don't think she wants anything to do with it, she'll come and say goodbye once she's sold and that'll be it I think.

lil_legs
2nd February 2010, 03:40 PM
She even stopped a bolting horse herself, her half sister was nutty, I used to have her as my own mare, sold her to a woman who rubbed her up the wrong way and this mare chucked her off and proceeded to bolt after Hannah. Hannah and my friend heard her coming, Hannah stepped across and stopped this other mare from going too far and get passed her, and then gently came back to a trot when she was asked and walked so my friend could grab the other mare.

My Crazy Clan
2nd February 2010, 04:06 PM
shes really nice actually! i hope she finds a good home.

north-mcqueen
2nd February 2010, 04:43 PM
Awww
I'm not usually a fan of the heavier types of horses but there is something about her, she's absolutely beautiful!
If only I had 3500 and didn't live in East Asia :p

I hope she finds a great home!!

funkyboots
2nd February 2010, 05:46 PM
wish i was rich too....shes my type too..i like bombproof hefty..i hope she finds a great home....ere why did'nt u have a overpriced car on fully comp then get a old van and buy her!!!!

Anni~Bell
2nd February 2010, 06:41 PM
OMG please don't tell me this is happening :( I would buy her without a shadow of a doubt if I could afford to buy her :( Oh I'm nearly crying now :(

lil_legs
2nd February 2010, 06:54 PM
Unfortunately Anni it is, there's nothing I can do about it. Her owners going through a nervous breakdown, owes her dad money, couldn't afford to take her home if she didn't owe her dad any money.

Hannah can't stay with me forever, as much as I would do everything I could to keep her, I need the room and spare money for a project horse to start up a lil bit on the side if I can. I even looked at a cheap field to keep Hannah and a project pony in that could cost me the same as just keeping Hannah at mine now.

I'm gutted, she won't be going anywhere for a bit, gotta get myself back up after the accident, tried to get the hay out today and have hurt myself again, so gotta find someone to get me a load of bales of hay down so all i have got to do is chuck it in for them and fill buckets!!

Told her owner i'll deal with it, then I know she's gone to the right place and people, and have told her I'll deal with it when there's less mud and I can tidy her up a little bit.

Anni~Bell
2nd February 2010, 06:57 PM
Its a shame she has to sell her and don't think I could convince parents or grandparents to cough up 3.5k for her :( You know I would buy her without a second thought :(
Feel really bad for H thats shes going through such a tough time as it can't be easy in the slighest :(

Oh with regards to the pictures I never realised you had those pics of me and her jumping :) Any chance I could have them?

lil_legs
2nd February 2010, 07:06 PM
Haha, corse you can, they are the pics that I had when we jumped Hannah and Poppy.

She's really struggling bless her. Hmmm....you're parents and grandparents love you but not sure they love you that much lol!!

Anni~Bell
2nd February 2010, 07:08 PM
Well I am 18 in 10 days but don't thinking by adding Hannah on my b'day list they would be happy about it.
When do you think you'll sell her?

lil_legs
2nd February 2010, 07:22 PM
Have put a small ad up in one or two places, jst to see, but not going to do anything major for a while, I hurt too much especially after tonight.

gonna wait until the weather improves a bit, the yard is sooooo muddy lol.

Anni~Bell
2nd February 2010, 09:45 PM
Oh no :(
She is a smashing horse im sure you will find her a lovely home!
xxx

PS Agree with Anni buying all the lottery tickets :lol: Or selling body parts?!? :P

I would sell a lung for that horse I really would :( Might play the lottery tomorrow and see where I get too :p

amandaxx1
3rd February 2010, 09:20 AM
I would sell a lung for that horse I really would :( Might play the lottery tomorrow and see where I get too :p

Yes get the lottery on!!! Wish you could buy her :(

lil_legs
3rd February 2010, 10:48 AM
Would love it if you could buy her Anni!!

I'll be happy when I know she has gone to the best home I can possibly get for her!!