PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Questions

Welly
2nd February 2010, 12:54 PM
Just a few questions out of curiosity..
Those of you who share, what sort of set up re days/financial/everything else do you have?

Nothing more to add - thats my question lol xx

Twizzel
2nd February 2010, 01:18 PM
When I shared Ebony I paid 110/month for 4 days- Tues, Wed, Thurs and then Sun. Sunday was normally a shared day with owner but I rode, had to muck out on my days and bring horse in at night/feed.

Welly
2nd February 2010, 01:29 PM
Was that 110 all in or did you go halves on farrier or anything else? xx

Twizzel
2nd February 2010, 02:43 PM
No that was all in, included everything.

Catg
2nd February 2010, 05:01 PM
I've shared Zeb for the last 3 years but I don't think it's a normal set up lol! He's on full livery which is 40 per week and I pay half of that per week. His owner pays for his feet to be filed and I pay for his shoes which is 40 every 8 weeks as he only needs shoes because of me. His owner doesn't ride him anymore as she has problems with her ankle after an accident long before I came along. So I get to do pretty much whatever I like with him when ever I like. I've had loads of lessons, done showing and dressage, it's like having my own pony for half the cost! It has been difficult at times though as I've become so attached to him it feels like he's mine even though he isn't, I lose sight of that a lot! I've bought him loads of stuff; rugs, boots, saddle cloths, I even have my own saddle for him now. Oh well, it's my hobby, that's my justification even if it is a lame one!

Welly
2nd February 2010, 06:37 PM
Thank you very much you guys xx

Mungo Madness
2nd February 2010, 07:08 PM
With Mungo I did two days a week, but often had extras like in holidays, when his owner went away etc. I paid 107 a month, including share of shoes etc.

Shanti was similar although not really the extra days so much, 108 a month. Again two days.

With Spike I will be paying 100 a month for two days, or 120 for 3, it's all relative.

Catg
2nd February 2010, 07:54 PM
Oooh I did share another mare for a few months before Zeb, it was 10 per week to be able to ride her 3 days a week, nothing else although it was their own land and she lived out. Was quite a good deal but sadly the yard was over 30 mins away and it just got too much to travel that far.

Ditto Apple, are you thinking of looking?

lilholley
3rd February 2010, 09:39 PM
I'm the other side, I have a sharer for my pony. Sharer pays 50 a month and her days are Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday. On her days she rides, poo-picks the field and feeds. We try to be flexible though and will sometimes swap days for convenience etc - like when we had the snow, she couldn't make it over safely and I was off uni anyway, so I did her :)

Autumn
9th February 2010, 10:46 AM
I have a sharer for Charlie, she pays 100 a month all in. Charlie is on assisted DIY yard and is barefoot. The month is split in half, we try to alternate weekends and split the weeks up as fairly as possible. My sharer gets Charlie completely to herself on the days she is on duty and also can compete him or take him on fun rides etc as I also give her free access to my trailer. Hope this helps. x

injioho
9th February 2010, 04:28 PM
When I had Shadow, I payed half of everything. Owner used to go out and buy things and I still had to pay half, even if it was totally useless (not the best arrangement) We used to ride three days a week each and he had the other one off. We also had a diary thing to write down what we had done with him and how he'd been etc. It was a good idea but not when owner obviously lied in it :frown:

Anyway.. If it's an honest owner to share with it's a good idea to do it that way i think x

Tio
15th February 2010, 10:19 AM
When I had a sharer she paid 30 a week for 3 days; Tues, Thurs and Sat. She did everything on those three days and Mags is on DIY. The only other thing I asked her to pay for was her own rider insurance.

I would have been more than happy for her to take Mags out but it wasn't her thing and she didn't have transport.

zoe
15th February 2010, 10:58 AM
I pay 80 a month and i have him 3 days a week (sometimes more if owner cant make it) and i do everything as if he was my own.

angelfire
15th February 2010, 03:32 PM
Hi

I pay 20 a week for two days thats for all cleaning duties, change of haynets, water generally looking after the horse usuall grooming lots of tlc and riding all inclusive,,,,

I dont have to pay for anything else owner pays for all the other costs

I do take little treats down each week and other bits and peices