PDA

View Full Version : How much would you pay for this pony?

kaya
16th September 2009, 12:30 AM
would never kick, bite a dream to handle on the ground. Lives on fresh air beautiful paces, can jump 4ft from a standstill, hacks out no problem. Downside, if not in constant work will do handstand bucks to get you off.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l87/bobbie1836/Peps.jpg

My Crazy Clan
16th September 2009, 12:58 PM
1500-2000

CDR
16th September 2009, 01:15 PM
I was thinking 2K too until I saw the bucking bit, I reckon that would bring it down to about 1500.

gem
16th September 2009, 01:24 PM
How big? How old? Any competition record?

kaya
16th September 2009, 01:44 PM
He has just turned 8 is a connamarra x (Gelvin Pendock is his other name) I bought him a year and a half ago thought we could work through the bucks but when we seem to be getting him going well we have to stop him working and then we are back to square 1. He took an abscess, then we had strangles on the yard (he didn't take it thankfullly) I wouldn't take him out of the field until the yard was clear. Took me ages to get Meghan to ride him again then he got a kick in the field so was out of work again (no lasting damage or scarring) and now I am going to try again feel that with the other 3 I don't have as much time at night as I need to work them all.

casper_cb
16th September 2009, 01:48 PM
I'd ask for 1,500 at most but be prepared to drop to below 1000.

gem
16th September 2009, 04:00 PM
Poor lad, sounds like he's been in the wars!! I read his other name as 'Gavin' first :lol: I have to call an animal Gavin..

Anyway I'd probably say about 1250 or a bit below. There are a lot of well behaved ponies about now that are going cheaply because of the market. Maybe he could go for more if he's bought by a teenager that wants to compete regularly if he likes his jumping. He's a very handsome looking lad though :)

injioho
16th September 2009, 04:00 PM
i agree with BC. The bucking will take a lot of to buyers time and effort to put right and i can't see anyone wanting to pay over 1000 for him> i'd put him up for just over 1k though so you have room for bargaining

Loony
16th September 2009, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't pay more than 1k for him. It sounds like he needs a lot of time and patience to overcome his issues.

kaya
18th September 2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks for all your replies and I agree about 1000 maybe 1200. I so want to keep him as I know time spent he would be amazing but 1 1/2 year later I know Meghan (daughter) is not going to spend the time needed , I don't ride so he is just going to be an expensive lawnmower when he has so much potential to be more with the right person. Unfortunately times are hard for every1 right now and not many people want to spend even that on a horse that will take time.

Loony
18th September 2009, 11:19 PM
Sounds like you're making the best decision, hopefully you'll find someone with the experience to do him justice x